Menu

I miss Peela

I just caught your post on my FB wall , Rosie :)

Gosh you guys, you are all so lovely! Wow.

I have been flat out busy. I have moved home to a lovely, open place where I have my own living area in a loft and the teens have the area downstairs- much closer together than we are used to, but still a distinct separate space for me. I have my chickens here, the cat, and we are going to get a puppy after Christmas.

Both kids have had a party this week. I don't like parties but I promised them a housewarming at the new house- each (what was I thinking?) .The neighbours complained at both. Not a good start to a new neighbourhood but hopefully they will forgive me- it really wasn't that bad.

Ex-dh has been incredibly supportive and reasonable throughout the whole separation process. When he could have been difficult and obstructive, he chose not to be. We are communicating well, especially about the kids, and also around money. I feel lucky in that regard- we are still friends although it has been very hard for him.

My son is handling the separation well. Dd is quite upset and resentful towards me, which is a new experience for me. I was always the good parent, now I am the bad one for upsetting her life and moving too far away from her dad's house ( 7 kms. 4 miles?). Of course it is touching her deeply...it is difficult for me to deal with her underlying pain while also dealing with the negative behaviours it is producing in a realistic way. In the big scheme of things...I guess it is not too bad and the best that can be expected.

I am happy in my new space and my new life. I am relieved to be out of the compromised situation I was in. Dh understands it was hard for me.

So.....thanks for thinking of me...I have only had the internet on for a week and have been avoiding coming here so I could finish making my home beautiful and work and catch up on things. But...looks like I am back :)

She's such a kind woman. I miss her voice here.
I hope she'll be back soon. She always has a gentle way of sharing her wisdom.
She's such a kind and rational voice.

:iagree: Peela is an absolute angel.

I'll post this thread on her FB wall, shall I?

Rosie, thank you for doing so. :grouphug:

I wish I was friends with both of you on FB ... not pressuring you, however.

So nice to see your pretty face. :grouphug: I hope you enjoy your new place and I'm glad to hear there's not too much turmoil with ex-h.

:iagree:

Very relieved to hear that things are being handled maturely and wisely.

Thinking of your dd and hoping that she stays strong, feels less resentful, and is happy once more. :grouphug: Change is not always easy. Thinking of you both. So glad that your ds is handling it well.

I just caught your post on my FB wall , Rosie :)

Gosh you guys, you are all so lovely! Wow.

I have been flat out busy. I have moved home to a lovely, open place where I have my own living area in a loft and the teens have the area downstairs- much closer together than we are used to, but still a distinct separate space for me. I have my chickens here, the cat, and we are going to get a puppy after Christmas.

Both kids have had a party this week. I don't like parties but I promised them a housewarming at the new house- each (what was I thinking?) .The neighbours complained at both. Not a good start to a new neighbourhood but hopefully they will forgive me- it really wasn't that bad.

Ex-dh has been incredibly supportive and reasonable throughout the whole separation process. When he could have been difficult and obstructive, he chose not to be. We are communicating well, especially about the kids, and also around money. I feel lucky in that regard- we are still friends although it has been very hard for him.

My son is handling the separation well. Dd is quite upset and resentful towards me, which is a new experience for me. I was always the good parent, now I am the bad one for upsetting her life and moving too far away from her dad's house ( 7 kms. 4 miles?). Of course it is touching her deeply...it is difficult for me to deal with her underlying pain while also dealing with the negative behaviours it is producing in a realistic way. In the big scheme of things...I guess it is not too bad and the best that can be expected.

I am happy in my new space and my new life. I am relieved to be out of the compromised situation I was in. Dh understands it was hard for me.

So.....thanks for thinking of me...I have only had the internet on for a week and have been avoiding coming here so I could finish making my home beautiful and work and catch up on things. But...looks like I am back :)

:grouphug:

I saw you over on the Dog on the Couch thread and thought I'd come over here to see if you updated. Glad you are back :)