Menu

Do you thing being pooped on by a bird is good luck?

Do think it's good luck to get pooped on by a bird?  

1. 1. Do think it's good luck to get pooped on by a bird?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

We were getting in to the truck recently to go home from 4-H. I was parked under a tree and my son was just standing there, talking. All of a suddent he started yelling, "A bird POOPED on my head!" I looked and sure enough, a bird dropped a really big poop on his head. I immediately started laughing because it was so absurd. He got angry and thought I was making fun of him. I explained to him that getting pooped on is good luck (at least for Italians!) He didn't believe me and didn't care. We wiped up the poop and he went home to take a shower.

He still brings it up. So, do you think it's good luck to get pooped on?

I don't believe in luck; plus, my SIL was popped on as she stuck her ARM out of the car window at the bank drive through. She now has the worst time with cars. Four cars she has driven since then have broken down....not all old bunkers either! One brand new that she borrowed yesterday....the a/c went out!

I've heard that from people of a number of different cultures. I however still don't believe it.

I think it's incredibly bad luck because the bird has so much space to poop in and my head takes up less than a square foot. The odds are very slim that a bird will poop on me.

Heck to the No! And I would have reacted just like your son. I would have been embarrassed and angry that someone was laughing at me. But that's just me, and I'm not Italian so what do I know?

So really, you would be totally fine and laugh at yourself if a bird pooped on you? I would be so grossed out! I would be washing my hair multiple times that day. For that to be justified, I would expect something really super great to happen to me afterwards since I was so blessed with luck.

My very first day of college, I was standing under a tree to cross the street to go to my very first class. I was wearing a white shirt with a big sailor collar (the style at the time). A bird pooped from up above and it landed on my white collar! I couldn't go back to the dorm or I would miss my first class (and I was NOT going to miss my first class of college). I barely had time to make it to the bathroom before class (of course I had to find it first). I didn't feel lucky at all that day!

I think I would call it lucky if the bird pooped on you and in wiping it off you turned just enough to the side that the suddenly unsuspended piano 6 stories up just missed smashing your brains all over the sidewalk.

Otherwise, no.

I have heard that if a bird poops on your face/head and you get some in your eye it can lead to a infection that could cause blindness.

(Does that sentence have enough "ifs" and "mays" in it.

Good thing I hadn't heard this when DS was a baby. Yes, I voluntarily wiped it out with my fingers immediately. His eyes are fine.