Menu

Can I share some happy news?

Thanks everyone!

The requirements are a bit detailed so I'll post the website it is:

www.sas.upenn.edu/lps/highschool/scholars

And a BIG thank you to Kareni who posted her transcript and to Sue at St Pete who sent me another copy of it when I misplaced mine :0)

What we did and sent in:

Transcript - I used Kareni's format ideas but changed it to read by year. I did as she did and put on her test scores, activities and volunteer work right on the same page. Since I have all 4 years of HS laid out for her already, I included what she will be taking Jr and Sr year (she is a rising Jr).

Tests -I sent them all the test scores (AP, PSAT - copies and direct from Collegeboard) and gave them copies of National tests from Latin and French, I also included (but was not required) copies of her IOWA scores and CoGAT scores, and her reading list (she is an extensive reader and her reading list is impressive).

Letters - She needed to have two letters of recommendation. One she got from the Prof at Penn. This summer she has been shadowing him and his students in the Lab. He was the one who suggested she take classes now. :0)

The other letter came from her French tutor.

Essays - she had to write 4 essays to send in.

It was a whirwind getting it all together so quickly - I didn't think I would have to get a transcript together until next year. I'm so happy that before her 9th grade year I had prepared a grid which laid out her 4 years of highschool. The information was there - but formatting it to look good and fit all the information took a long time. Now I know for the next child to have that format done and complete in 9th grade and just fill in as I go!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

:)

Deb

Deb,

A BIG congratulations to your dd for all her hard work!!!

Transcripts are a big gray area for me - I'm a little intimidated by how to start, what to write, how to organize. Would you mind sharing your transcript or Kareni's?

Thanks!

Sangita

dd(15),dd(13),dd(10),ds(7)

Deb,

A BIG congratulations to your dd for all her hard work!!!

Transcripts are a big gray area for me - I'm a little intimidated by how to start, what to write, how to organize. Would you mind sharing your transcript or Kareni's?

Thanks!

Sangita

dd(15),dd(13),dd(10),ds(7)

I don't know how to attach things on this board, but if you PM me and send me your email address I can send it to you. I have a grid that I made before her freshman year that helped me plot out all 4 years. That was a big help when I sat down to do her transcripts. Working off of Kareni's transcript format - made everything so much easier.

Deb