Menu

How Big are Your Books?

Because we can never know enough!!!  

1. 1. Because we can never know enough!!!

• pocket b00ks
    • Standard Hardcover
    • Coffee Table

Funny how so many credit nursing for removing some pages from their booKs. For me, it was the opposite. Nursing gave me something more than a mere pamphlet. When ds17 was 2 weeks old, I was finally hardcover size. Now, I am a little smaller than a trade paperback, but a little bigger than a pocketbook. If I could just get rid of the tummy roll/excess skin, I would look quite normal.

38 K

I've never been able to buy a shelf at a store. Well, not since I was in third grade. (Precocious Puberty)

I was able to deal with engorgement issues by tapping myself off.

I teach music to toddlers and I have a group of one year olds who all jump with their arms crossed over their chests.

I need to get reduction surgery badly; I'm having bad back issues. I have an appointment with a plastic surgeon in October. I'm terrified.

I never really LOL, but sound actually came out when I read this. A great, big horsey kind of sound. I am very sorry you have back pain, but the imagery of the kids just doing what they see struck me funny. I hope your reduction goes well.:grouphug: My Dh wants me to get my eyes fixed and I'm terrified, too.

Funny how so many credit nursing for removing some pages from their booKs. For me, it was the opposite. Nursing gave me something more than a mere pamphlet. When ds17 was 2 weeks old, I was finally hardcover size. Now, I am a little smaller than a trade paperback, but a little bigger than a pocketbook. If I could just get rid of the tummy roll/excess skin, I would look quite normal.

:iagree: Here too. I went from barely more than a pamphlet to standard hardcover, and while they aren't as perky as they were smaller, I am happy with the size for sure. Though one day when I have the money I am going to do like Ria did.

They used to be coffee table but have they've lost some pages since I've lost some weight. My daughter was clearly terrified when I explained the "books" portion of puberty because she clearly didn't want my coffee table books! :D I explained that when I was the proper weight, I had standard hardcover books. HUGE sigh of relief!

I'm not sure if it's a hardback or a coffee table. I just got a bra fitting recently and bought 38D bras. I don't know how that translates in books, but they make "the girls" look awesome.

The last new bra I brought did wonders for the b00ks. The image that came to mind was of a WWII war ship, you know when the Japanese/German fighters flew overhead and the huge guns on deck would tilt up to the sky? I felt locked and loaded. :D

The last new bra I brought did wonders for the b00ks. The image that came to mind was of a WWII war ship, you know when the Japanese/German fighters flew overhead and the huge guns on deck would tilt up to the sky? I felt locked and loaded. :D

I know what you mean! I've lost weight, so the old bras really were just dressing the window, not holding up the sash, so to speak. Now, I feel like I could conquer a small nation with these babies.

My Dh wants me to get my eyes fixed and I'm terrified, too.

I just want to encourage you; I had Lasik in January and it was the BEST money I ever spent.

ETA: Wait, were you talking about vision surgery, or plastic surgery (like eyelid lift)?

Wait! If 34D is coffee table, what's 36H?

38 K

I've never been able to buy a shelf at a store. Well, not since I was in third grade. (Precocious Puberty)

I teach music to toddlers and I have a group of one year olds who all jump with their arms crossed over their chests.

I need to get reduction surgery badly; I'm having bad back issues. I have an appointment with a plastic surgeon in October. I'm terrified.

Oooh, I can imagine you had teasing issues growing up. I still remember the day I got my first bra in 4th grade. It was a cup bra, not a training bra, and my dad teased me mercilessly. I was terrified everyone would know I was wearing a bra at school and some 5th/6th grader came up to me that day and said, "You need a bra!" Um, I was wearing one. I was a D cup by junior high, and spent all of junior high and high school getting teased, stared at, and grabbed by boys.

I know that jumping, and running, with arms crossed routine...and the not buying books at regular stores. It's expensive so I never own more than two at a time. Sometimes I have to make due with one for a while.

:lol: It took me to about the 8th post to figure out what you all were talking about. Size of our books? Suddenly the light went on. It's very funny if you go back and reread and think you all are actually talking about books.

I think mine would fit in well at the paperback exchange. They're used, of course. Quite a bit of wear on them, but wouldn't really be called vintage just yet. They're really more than pamphlets, maybe even a long paperback. I don't think I'd call them hardcovers, though. No, definitely soft cover. Sigh. They used to be hardcovers.

Oooh, I can imagine you had teasing issues growing up. I still remember the day I got my first bra in 4th grade. It was a cup bra, not a training bra, and my dad teased me mercilessly. I was terrified everyone would know I was wearing a bra at school and some 5th/6th grader came up to me that day and said, "You need a bra!" Um, I was wearing one. I was a D cup by junior high, and spent all of junior high and high school getting teased, stared at, and grabbed by boys.

I know that jumping, and running, with arms crossed routine...and the not buying books at regular stores. It's expensive so I never own more than two at a time. Sometimes I have to make due with one for a while.

Yeah, the having only two at a time is a drag. I actually was a C cup by the end of kindergarten. Third or fourth grade was when I stopped being able to buy "off the shelf." And yeah.....it was awful. If it happened to my kids, I would give them the meds to stop the puberty.

too big for my liking.:glare: dh thinks they're perfect though:001_rolleyes:

Ditto. I've actually lost a few pages since losing weight, but still haven't dropped into what I would consider "standard hardcover", although I'm now more on the lower-end of the coffee table range (end table?). It's made a vast improvement in my posture, not having so many books on the shelf, but DH is bemoaning the missing pages. :tongue_smilie:

38 K

Don't be terrified. I just had it done in June and the only regret I have is not doing it sooner (I waited until I was sure I was done having kids). It is incredibly liberating to be able to buy pretty bookshelves at the store and go outside to run around with the kids.