Menu

Most dangerous homeschool catalogs?

scrapbabe

Ummm.....all of them?

Yes, RR is a great resource, and insect killer. :)

Heart of Dakota -- love the book lists

Christian Liberty Press -- love the games at the back

Veritas Press -- love thinking that my kids would actually sit still for all of that;)

Seriously -- everything gets my mind going. Even the Lands End catalog can be fruit for something, right?

Ya'all are cracking me up! :lol:

Oh, I also like Music in Motion. I've never seen the Winter Promise one. I've looked at their website before though. I had forgotten about Pitsco. Oh no, now I'm in real trouble!!!

ETA: Oh and AIMS Education is good too! Oh and EAI Education (they have a section of living math books....it makes my mouth water).:drool:

ETA (again) Oh and Steve Spangler Science! Wow, I am addicted!

Edited by scrapbabe

Winter Promise... although I don't actually use their stuff and don't really want to, the catalog is just SOOO pretty and it tempts me every. single. year.

This was a problem for me for a couple of years. I kept getting sucked in my the catalog and would forget I really dislike their products.

Heather

My biggest budget buster catalogue is from Canadian home education resources, but I also like all the spectrum catalogues and have a huge wist list from them, and a an even bigger wish list from the Acorn Naturalists catalogue. I love the rainbow resource catalogue too, but can't get it until I order something and have not placed an order for a while with them.

Every time I look at the playrooms over at Land of Nod, I want to create an elaborate school room...and learning spaces in every corner of the house...maybe my home can just be one big "schoolhouse"? I mean, "education is an atmosphere", right? ;) I just can't get enough of those walls papered with maps, globes hanging from ceilings, sherbert-colored kiddie chairs, walls of shelves and cubbie spaces...

mine are:

MFW-I would definitely give a way a kid to use one of their programs

:rofl:

I agree that that huge Rainbow Resource is a big temptation for us. I manage to stay cool and collected, but with plenty of self control.

Guest RecumbentHeart
HOD-1st catalog I recieved before starting homeschooling and making plans. I did not end up using it after reading WTM but I still:drool5:

Just recieved the new one last week and I asked my dh to help me stop talking about it!

The latest catalog did a similar thing to me. HOD is my curriculum version of being in love with someone who you know isn't right for you and would just never work out. I'm working through it by keeping my eyes fixed on my long term goals and what I really want from a curriculum. :lol:

I get excited every year the new catalogs come out! I read WinterPromise front to back....and back to front.....and front to back....again and again! I think I have memorized every catalog for the last 3 years!

Starting to do the same now for Sonlight!

So, now you all are getting me intrigued with HOD and TOG!!! Is there more drooling/memorizing/obsessing in my future?:drool:

Every time I look at the playrooms over at Land of Nod, I want to create an elaborate school room...and learning spaces in every corner of the house...maybe my home can just be one big "schoolhouse"? I mean, "education is an atmosphere", right? ;) I just can't get enough of those walls papered with maps, globes hanging from ceilings, sherbert-colored kiddie chairs, walls of shelves and cubbie spaces...

This one had me laughing so hard I just had to share your post with dh! He laughed and then said with a huge grin, "They do have therapy for people like that." :lol: Mama, I'd be right there with you!!

This one had me laughing so hard I just had to share your post with dh! He laughed and then said with a huge grin, "They do have therapy for people like that." :lol: Mama, I'd be right there with you!!

:D I'm a bit of a nerd even among my irl homeschooling friends! It's a good thing I got married and had kids or I'd probably have turned into one of those spinster librarians you see in old movies.

Oh LOL I am right there with you!! Here's my biggest tempters:

- Memoria Press: I LOVE getting this one in the mail, and when a new one comes, my family knows I'm lost to them until I've read all the new articles. I still can't wait to have the free time to do some of the stuff I've missed from this catalog once the kids are graduated.

- Veritas Press: We used SL in the early years, but VP was always calling to me. At the time it was too pricey for us, and required too much prep work on my part. Now we use Omni II for dd and next year *gushing joy* we'll be using Omni I and III for the kids! I also love their parent resource selections and have bought several of them.

- Home Science Tools: I've become something of a science supplies junkie lately. Fortunately, dh is a scientist and didn't bat an eye when I purchased a complete distillation set up! I bought WAY more dissection specimens than dd really needs this year, but ds and I are happy to have the extras and leftovers! *gush*

- Institute for Excellence in Writing: The recent addition of phonics materials even has me swooning, and my youngest is 13!! I can't help it. I've got TWSS and SWI-C and can't wait to get the SCS and HSE ones! I love all those source collections, and we ADORE our Poetry Memorization book.

Edited by LauraQ
ack! almost forgot IEW!