Menu

Are there any old TV series' you have enjoyed

I am looking at all the remakes, Hawaii Five-O, Doctor Who.....

and wondering if any of you have gone back and watched the original series or if there are any other older series shows you would recommend or watch.

Dawn

Some of our faves :D (both dh and I like old shows; this list is a mix of both mine and his)

Macgyver

Knight Rider

Dukes of Hazzard

Airwolf

Quantum Leap

Three's Company

Married with Children

ALF

The A-Team

Perfect Strangers

Full House

Beauty and the Beast

Who's the Boss?

Baywatch

Miami Vice

We've watched

Little House on the Prairie -- till the girls get older and the themes a bit too mature.

Emergency! -- the first season has a couple of episodes we didn't like but since those, it has been great!

Leave it to Beaver

Daniel Boone -- love it

Andy Griffith -- love it, too

Giligan's Island

Not the same but my daughter LOVES the (Toler) Charlie Chan movies (an hour each).

There are a lot of old shows that we enjoy (not necessarily the same ones)!!! As for me, the first one that came to mind is the one that I just finished watching last week - Wind at My Back. I really enjoyed that show and wish they'd make another follow-on movie. It was on for five years, then had a movie to tie it all up. Inspiration network carried all the episodes in order, including the movie, and just restarted (again) the series last week.

I think in time all the programs I would mention will be mentioned, so I'm not going to try to make a comprehensive list. :001_smile: Will just mention The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie, Lawrence Welk (yes, Lawrence Welk - we all enjoy that one, in fact!), and I already feel overwhelmed with so many other shows coming to mind, so I'll stop here!

ETA: I just reread the op and realized you said "series" - The Welk show isn't technically a series but it's still good!

Edited by eaglei

My kids have recently discovered the joy of watching old TV shows. We have been watching:

The Brady Bunch

Full House

MacGyver

Bionic Woman

Gilligan's Island

Get Smart

Happy Days

I just discovered that The Snoop Sisters (a mystery show that was on when I was a kid) has just been released on DVD, so this is on my Amazon wish list.

I didn't grow up watching much television, and hardly any American shows. My husband did, though. He watched tv regularly as a kid (it's how his family learned much of their English LOL) and lately he has been introducing the kids to some of the shows he grew up loving. None of them have been huge hits so far with them, but they don't watch much tv either and they tend to prefer reality type shows (Discovery, Food Network, HGTV) to sit-coms.

They both do really like Quantum Leap, though, and since it's on cable we have a bunch stored in the DVR. I kinda like it, too. I usually don't sit down to watch shows with the kids, but I've been distracted enough to grab a seat and finish out an episode :)

What?! No one has mentioned Bonanza! Adam! Hoss! Little Joe! Pa! We LOVE the men on the Ponderosa at my house (well, at least my dds do! especially Adam :001_wub:).

We don't get a TV signal where we live and we're pretty choosy about what we watch anyway. Some of our other favorites are:

Andy Griffith

Dick van Dyke

MASH - seasons 1-5 are the best, imo

Gilligan's Island

I Love Lucy

Have fun!!