Menu

30 day song challenge - day 1 Your favorite song

Do we get to pick a new one every day? How I am supposed to just pick ONE?

I just don't know. This is a very hard decision. I do not know what to answer. :willy_nilly:

Almost Hear You Sigh by the Rolling Stones is what comes to mind this very minute, but I have to tell you, my dh would look at me like I'd lost my mind. Let's blame it on the cramps.

Do we get to pick a new one every day? How I am supposed to just pick ONE?

I just don't know. This is a very hard decision. I do not know what to answer. :willy_nilly:

Almost Hear You Sigh by the Rolling Stones is what comes to mind this very minute, but I have to tell you, my dh would look at me like I'd lost my mind. Let's blame it on the cramps.

It's a different category every day.

Currently?

Danse Rustique Opus 20, No. 5 by William Henry Squire. (My son is practicing it on the cello and it has such a nice, jazzy beat.) :D

(not my son)

I also like the Concerto No. 3 in C Minor by F. Seitz (on viola).

Then, just to be fair, one cannot live without Twinkles!

It's really hard to choose, but I'll say Glosoli (sorry, don't know how to add accent marks) by Sigur Ros. The build-up. Oh, the build-up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr_MJAOyOeU

That was a cool song! Thanks for sharing it. :) Do you know what the lyrics mean? I wonder if the kid was like inspired by the ocean and then in turn inspired everyone else??

That was a cool song! Thanks for sharing it. :) Do you know what the lyrics mean? I wonder if the kid was like inspired by the ocean and then in turn inspired everyone else??

I don't. I honestly think it probably means/feels different things to different people:001_smile:. Sigur Ros' Jonsi is known for singing in Icelandic and what's called "Hopelandic", kind of a made up "gibberish" language. I just makes me soar!

I don't. I honestly think it probably means/feels different things to different people:001_smile:. Sigur Ros' Jonsi is known for singing in Icelandic and what's called "Hopelandic", kind of a made up "gibberish" language. I just makes me soar!

It was really cool. I liked it too and the video seemed to fit the music, but I love the ocean so I'm biased. ;) Now you should go listen to some Satch and see if you soar. ;) :D hehe

It was really cool. I liked it too and the video seemed to fit the music, but I love the ocean so I'm biased. ;) Now you should go listen to some Satch and see if you soar. ;) :D hehe

I will!

I'm an ocean girl, too. I just happen to live in the middle of the Great Lakes. I try to make my way to the salt water once a year :D.

I will!

I'm an ocean girl, too. I just happen to live in the middle of the Great Lakes. I try to make my way to the salt water once a year :D.

:) I'm actually pretty fortunate because I live less than 2 miles from the Atlantic. I go to the beach pretty often. I've been staring at the same water my entire life and I never get tired of it. :)

Here are a few Satch songs to get you started if you don't know him. These aren't as shreddy as some of his others. ;)

Flying in a Blue Dream

Edited by Ibbygirl

U2, Sunday Bloody Sunday

I realized that music could be more than music for the first time with this song. I've loved it since I was 12. It's been a long time and I've had other important songs, but it always comes back to this and what it means to me.

Probably
from Joe Satriani.

I LOVE SATCH! Oh, my goodness. I may have to torture my children today. I love Crushing Day and Always With Me, Always With You best, probably. And Flying in a Blue Dream.

Why didn't I think of the Eagles? Best of My Love is one of my all-time favorites.

Edited by 3lilreds in NC

I LOVE SATCH! Oh, my goodness. I may have to torture my children today. I love Crushing Day and Always With Me, Always With You best, probably. And Flying in a Blue Dream.

Why didn't I think of the Eagles? Best of My Love is one of my all-time favorites.

Awesome!! Another Satch fan! :) I love him so much. I'm always mesmerized by his playing. He's just amazing.

I like the Eagles too! :)

Also love Me and A Gun or Silent All These Years by Tori Amos.

I used to LOVE Tori Amos when I was in college! Silent All These Years was a favorite of mine back then. Today, I don't think I can pick just ONE! Anything by Casting Crowns, Natalie Grant, Chris Tomlin, Francesca Battistelli. I love her new one, "This is the Stuff". Also, a new song by Laura Story called "Blessings". Ask me this question tomorrow and my answer will probably change! :D