Menu

missing friend....

DH's friend and the 3 other journalists are alive and in Libya. More good news to come. When they were first missing the outlook was not good, and there was little cause for optimism. An amazing turn of events! More later, but thank you for standing with me here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/19/world/africa/19journalists.html?_r=2

Edited by yellowperch

DH's friend and the 3 other journalists are alive and in Libya. More good news to come. When they were first missing the outlook was not good, and there was little cause for optimism. An amazing turn of events! More later, but thank you for standing with me here.

That's fantastic!!!

Complications. DH and several others are working hard to secure the release of their colleagues, but what was supposed to be simple release at the border has grown complicated. Will keep you posted.

I have been wondering about this, hoping the journalists were released before the bombs fell yesterday.

Praying for the journalists and for peace,

Jane

Just saw this come up when I was browsing the internet news.. sounds like good news! Hoping that this all goes off without a hitch.

DEVELOPING: TRIPOLI, Libya -- The four New York Times reporters held captive in Libya were freed early Monday, following intervention by Turkish negotiators, and are heading to the Libyan border to be handed over to US officials, the Turkish ambassador to the US said on his Twitter feed.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/21/ambassador-new-york-times-reporters-freed-libya/#ixzz1HEffiYYw

I don't know why I find it so funny that the ambassador is Tweeting this stuff, but I guess that is where we are now with technology.

Just saw this come up when I was browsing the internet news.. sounds like good news! Hoping that this all goes off without a hitch.

DEVELOPING: TRIPOLI, Libya -- The four New York Times reporters held captive in Libya were freed early Monday, following intervention by Turkish negotiators, and are heading to the Libyan border to be handed over to US officials, the Turkish ambassador to the US said on his Twitter feed.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/21/ambassador-new-york-times-reporters-freed-libya/#ixzz1HEffiYYw

I don't know why I find it so funny that the ambassador is Tweeting this stuff, but I guess that is where we are now with technology.

I saw the headline and immediately came over here to check if there was an update. I'm praying that this is true and that they will be home safe and sound very soon.

They are out, across the border in Tunisia where they will be met by a medical team, and then home once they get shoes (theirs were taken) clean clothes, and travel documents.

The relief is total, but they were not well-treated. Theirs was quite an ordeal and their driver was killed (they think) in crossfire. The short of it is this: they were at a newly erected government checkpoint and being forcibly detained when the checkpoint came under rebel fire. It got worse from there.

The rest will come out as the four decide how and when to tell their stories. I really appreciate the kindness shown here. My husband loves Tyler like a brother, and I'm just so relieved.