Menu

Paul from PBW is offering to compose a report regarding writing...

I looked at the Pattern Based Writing web site. It talk about what the program could do but offered no samples of the product. Why? Clearly the site addresses parental fears and uneasiness surrounding the teaching of writing, yet the program is somewhat elusive. The audience is told how Pattern Based Writing will solve a problem, but it doesn't show the potential buyer what they are buying. Perhaps “The Writing Process in Action: Beyond Theory†will a bit more concrete. I look forward to reading the report.

• 4 months later...

I have read through the website, and while what it says it can do is very thought provoking and interesting... there is NO information or samples of how this will be accomplished. Typically when there are no samples I shy away from it in the long run.

Anyone find any samples of Pattern Based Writing?

Anyone try this program and have great success?

I have read through the website, and while what it says it can do is very thought provoking and interesting... there is NO information or samples of how this will be accomplished. Typically when there are no samples I shy away from it in the long run.

Anyone find any samples of Pattern Based Writing?

Anyone try this program and have great success?

Did you read the follow-up thread when this was first posted? It gave much more information. :001_smile:

A poster who identified himself as the author of Pattern-Based Writing insisted, on threat of legal action, on removal of previous threads critical of the program. Because of this, we would prefer you take any more discussion of PBW to private email. We promote open and frank discussion on this board and do not believe that either parents or publishers are best served when threats of lawsuits enter the conversation; however, we also do not wish to encourage suits.

Edited by Moderator
Clarification

Anyone who is interested in using PBW can pm me. We used it last year with good results. I have several paragraph books on my shelf, but none like PBW. When our oldest son was taking online college classes, I used something similar to help him develop online responses. However, my ideas were not as concrete. Since using PBW, we have moved to a progym curriculum for composition, and it is a good fit for dd. However, we use often use PBW patterns for non-progym writing.

Edited by 1Togo