Menu

What do you snack on?

Pita bread smeared with hummus, or cheese and crackers, or chocolate if I can find it, or popcorn, or whatever leftover looks interesting and isn't needed for another dinner.

Had I my druthers, I'd be crackin' sunflower seeds, with my nose in a book, all day long.

I'm really wanting some popcorn and M&M's right now.

What afternoon snack do you crave?

Air popped pop corn with brewers yeast on it. Yum! Its plain pop corn except the brewers yeast... its great vitamin B and low cal pop corn snack! Don’t by brewers yeast flakes… get the powder in bulk. Make sure when you buy it, it has been in the fridge…. And also store it in the fridge.

Thinly sliced apples w/thinly sliced pepper Jack cheese or sharp white cheddar cheese from Costco.

Hummus from Costco mixed with different things, like tomatoes used on celery sticks. YUM!

Any type of fruit!

Yogurt.....

These are a few of my favorite things! *Ü* and eat regularly.

A banana w/ small amount of PB. Fresh grounded PB from Fred Myers.

Ya know... I’m normally a chip girl! I could probably sit and eat an entire bag... or two... but I’m on a Die with a T right now.... I love ice cream and I love chips... but I can actually live w/o chocolate... I know... I know... it must be a bad gene somewhere.... I don’t care if I have chocolate or not.... personally a chip is better... salty is better than sweet for me.

Please no throwing tomatoes or anything... I just want to be accepted for who I am... not what I eat!

:D:lol:

What do I WANT or what do I keep on hand so that I don't overdo it on things that I WANT?? LOL

Things I'd love: chips. Anything salty and crunchy would do, thank you very much.

Things I actually have on hand: yogurt (we flavor it a bit with jelly), almonds, sunflower seeds, rice cakes with peanut butter, fresh veggies and fruit.

When I think "snack" I think about something I'll have mid-afternoon. That's when a handful of nuts or a fruit smoothie or something healthy hits the spot. Unless I'm doing something out of the norm ~ on vacation, for example ~ I wouldn't snack on junk. Now, evenings I definitely have my dessert (ice cream, baked goods), when I'm all by myself.

Lately, I have been eating Florida's Natural Au'some Fruit juice Nuggets. My sil told me about them and they are yummy. I can only seem to find them at Target though. I also will have a piece of dark chocolate here and there. Sometimes, I will grab a fruit by the foot too. I really like kid food. At night, I have the light microwave popcorn with fat free, zero calorie butter spray. My kids love having popcorn with mom. Who knew something that simple could be such a big deal?

Guest Lorna

Me too Laura!

crispbread and Marmite

bananas, plums or pears

ginger nuts

I drink flasks of herbal and fruit tea.

waffle-type biscuits with honey in the middle (I have no idea what they are called)

dark chocolate (if the children are out of the room!)

Noodles (at about ten o'clock at night - I always feel hungriest then :tongue_smilie:)