Menu

May I ask for prayers and/or good thoughts for my mom?

Crissy, I haven't been to the boards here for such a long time, but I'm so glad I came now and saw your request!! I will be praying for her comfort, and for your whole family this season. This has been such a long road for you all, and it seems that your mom has handled the whole thing with such amazing dignity and grace.

(((Crissy)))

Praying for your entire family.

Have you thought about "celebrating" Christmas early before your mom's health deteriorates any further? Is it possible that it would bring her peace and add to family memories without having her feel that she needs to "hang on" longer than her physical body is able to?

Wishing you all peace and healing during this time of sadness.

I think she is fading, though she really wants to hang on until after Christmas. She is worried about 'ruining everyone's holiday'.

I just want her to be comfortable and to feel loved.

Crissy,

So very sorry. Am adding your names now to my wtm prayer list in front of me.

:grouphug:

Sheryl <><

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

We had a wonderful day yesterday. Mom is beginning to give away her precious belongings, so we sat together and talked about the memories associated with each of the things.

One of the items she gave to me was a box of all the letters my dad had written to her over the years (they have been together since she was 14 and he was 16).

Dad came in to sit with us, share his perspective and laugh and cry with us.

Overall it was a happy day.

I am expecing more like it in the coming days.

We had a wonderful day yesterday. Mom is beginning to give away her precious belongings, so we sat together and talked about the memories associated with each of the things.

One of the items she gave to me was a box of all the letters my dad had written to her over the years (they have been together since she was 14 and he was 16).

:grouphug: I'm so glad you are getting this time. It's bringing tears as I remember the box of ornaments my mom packed up for me. It is a special moment every year when I open up that box.

You will always cherish these days. I know you are sad, but this time is really a precious gift and I'm so glad you get to have it. :grouphug:

What a beautiful day! Praying for you and your family, Crissy.

What a precious gift your mom and dad gave you...not just the letters but hearing them relive them with you~

Will be praying for the peace that surpasses all understanding~

Blessings,

kathi

I'm so glad you had such a great day with your parents, Crissy. As sad a time as this is, you are being given the priceless opportunity to talk with your mom and say all of the things you would have otherwise wish you'd had the chance to say. If there's anything you're sorry about or wish you had or hadn't done, now is the time to tell her -- so you can hear her voice telling you that she's not mad at you for anything and that she loves you and is proud of you.

I had that chance with both of my parents and it helped me be more at peace when they passed away. I still miss them both every single day, but at least I don't have lots of unanswered questions and unsaid "I love you's" to haunt me at night.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Cat

PS. Let's keep bumping this thread for Crissy so we can get as many people as we can praying for her and her mom (and her dad, too!)

I'm so glad you had such a great day with your parents, Crissy. As sad a time as this is, you are being given the priceless opportunity to talk with your mom and say all of the things you would have otherwise wish you'd had the chance to say. If there's anything you're sorry about or wish you had or hadn't done, now is the time to tell her -- so you can hear her voice telling you that she's not mad at you for anything and that she loves you and is proud of you.

I had that chance with both of my parents and it helped me be more at peace when they passed away. I still miss them both every single day, but at least I don't have lots of unanswered questions and unsaid "I love you's" to haunt me at night.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Cat

PS. Let's keep bumping this thread for Crissy so we can get as many people as we can praying for her and her mom (and her dad, too!)

Thank you so much, Cat.

I cannot express how much it means to me to know that we have you all behind us in thought and prayer.

Thank you so much, Cat.

I cannot express how much it means to me to know that we have you all behind us in thought and prayer.

You're welcome, Crissy. I've been where you are, and I know how unbearable it is, and how helpless you feel when someone you love is dying and you can't do anything to fix everything and make them well again.

But you'll get through it. :grouphug:

Cat