Menu

Can you spare any more prayers?

My brother is in the hospital with a massive sinus infection that has travelled to his brain. The doctors said that he has "nerve tumors"? What is that? It was hard to talk with him as he's in a lot of pain and on a lot of medication. Anyway, if the medications don't work in two days, they'll do surgery.

Also, my brother is an addict. He was in rehab and had been sober for five months - the longest he'd been sober in 10 years. We were all starting to feel hopeful for him again. And, now he's on pain meds. So, we're all concerned about that as well.

TIA

ETA - 12/6

Update from my brother:

I'm pretty drugged up, and my spelling has shown that. Talked w another ent, what revered to as tumor spots are suspicious growths that need to be looked at, they will be getting a chunk to the lab tomorrow, with some mucus stuff, they are still wondering what they r dealing with, its not clearing up w 4 antibiotics! This is the part that has me scared, if the menengi is infected. Amd they can't kill it w antibiotics. Then what? I'm just gonna pray, this is unbelievably painful too! Love ya

Please keep praying. This is really scary. I just spoke with him. These tests tomorrow will determine whether he needs brain surgery to clear the infection. Either way, we're making plans to visit (he's 3 hours from us and they've been under blizzard warnings for a couple days now!).

ETA - 12/7

UPDATE: Just spoke with my brother and he sounds SO much better!!! He said that the CAT scan this morning showed that the infection in the lining of his brain is gone!!!! GONE! He still has the tumors behind his eye and in the sinuses. They're watching those. They're hoping that those are just infection that still has to drain. But, for now, no brain surgery!!!!! Thank you for praying!!!!!

Edited by Jennifer in MI

My brother is in the hospital with a massive sinus infection that has travelled to his brain. The doctors said that he has "nerve tumors"? What is that? It was hard to talk with him as he's in a lot of pain and on a lot of medication. Anyway, if the medications don't work in two days, they'll do surgery.

Also, my brother is an addict. He was in rehab and had been sober for five months - the longest he'd been sober in 10 years. We were all starting to feel hopeful for him again. And, now he's on pain meds. So, we're all concerned about that as well.

TIA

Of course. Praying that the Lord will heal your brother's body and mind. :grouphug:

TIA

Oh dear, Jennifer. Yes, will certainly pray. :grouphug:

You got it. I know how hard it is to be an addict and have to take pain meds. He'll need to make sure he doesn't take any home. Addicts have to tolerate pain that would drive most of us straight to the meds.

How is your dd?

Did you get to run the Turkey Trot?

Hope you have a break--lots on your plate!

Thanks all!

You got it. I know how hard it is to be an addict and have to take pain meds. He'll need to make sure he doesn't take any home. Addicts have to tolerate pain that would drive most of us straight to the meds.

How is your dd?

Did you get to run the Turkey Trot?

Hope you have a break--lots on your plate!

We're a little worried about whether they'll send him home with some. They did wait four days before giving him the "good" stuff though. He was just in SO much pain. He said it was worse than his meningitis he had a few years ago.

Dd is FINE!!! Her fever kept coming and going for a while. And, I don't know if you read, but the side of her face swelled up as the infection was draining. It was SUPER scary! But, she's back to normal! Thank GOD!!!!

I did get to run. I was SO happy! The weather was perfect and I ran with a friend and my oldest. Well, actually, they ran way ahead of me!!! But, it was still fun!

Update from my brother:

I'm pretty drugged up, and my spelling has shown that. Talked w another ent, what revered to as tumor spots are suspicious growths that need to be looked at, they will be getting a chunk to the lab tomorrow, with some mucus stuff, they are still wondering what they r dealing with, its not clearing up w 4 antibiotics! This is the part that has me scared, if the menengi is infected. Amd they can't kill it w antibiotics. Then what? I'm just gonna pray, this is unbelievably painful too! Love ya

Please keep praying. This is really scary.

UPDATE: Just spoke with my brother and he sounds SO much better!!! He said that the CAT scan this morning showed that the infection in the lining of his brain is gone!!!! GONE! He still has the tumors behind his eye and in the sinuses. They're watching those. They're hoping that those are just infection that still has to drain. But, for now, no brain surgery!!!!! Thank you for praying!!!!!