Menu

Calling all Online Conference Volunteers

Greetings folks!

For those of you who hadn't seen my most recent post on the possible WTM conference thread, we have decided to look into doing an online conference early next year as well as a local conference later in 2011. In order to determine how an online conference will work, I would like to do a test run with the program we will be using to run the webinar. I would like to recruit 20 brave individuals to help me out with the test run. The program is free to use, but you will be required to create an account (email and password) in order to take part. You do not need to be computer savy to participate. You will need to have access to the internet. If you have a webcam or other camera device for your computer, that would be helpful though it is not required. The idea is for me to be able to successfully guide potential online conference attendees through the system. I do not have a set date for the test run yet, but I am aiming for a day in the third week of November before Thanksgiving. If you are interested in participating in a test webinar, please reply to this thread and I will send more information by email or PM. I will take the first 20-25 people to respond. Thanks for your help!

Wonderful! Thank you all for volunteering. This will be the group for the test run. We may have another test run later. So if you wanted to volunteer but missed this one, there may be another opportunity in December.

For those of you who have volunteered for the first test run, I will send you all an email with more information before the end of office hours tomorrow (5pm EST). If you haven't received a message from me by then, send me a PM. Thank you all for your help.

Greetings folks!

For those of you who hadn't seen my most recent post on the possible WTM conference thread, we have decided to look into doing an online conference early next year as well as a local conference later in 2011. In order to determine how an online conference will work, I would like to do a test run with the program we will be using to run the webinar. I would like to recruit 20 brave individuals to help me out with the test run. The program is free to use, but you will be required to create an account (email and password) in order to take part. You do not need to be computer savy to participate. You will need to have access to the internet. If you have a webcam or other camera device for your computer, that would be helpful though it is not required. The idea is for me to be able to successfully guide potential online conference attendees through the system. I do not have a set date for the test run yet, but I am aiming for a day in the third week of November before Thanksgiving. If you are interested in participating in a test webinar, please reply to this thread and I will send more information by email or PM. I will take the first 20-25 people to respond. Thanks for your help!

I didn't count, so I don't know if I am too late, but I would love to take part.

Faithe

At this time, we are not accepting further participants for the November Test Run. For those of you who replied after the cut off, I will take your names down since we may need a second test run in December.

If you are a current participant, be sure to respond to the first email that was sent out. I am still waiting for a few volunteers to respond. If you have not received the email, please check your spam box before letting me know.