Menu

Sharing some good news with all of you!!! *Brag alert*

In Massachusetts, the standardized testing here is called MCAS. MCAS is taken 3rd-8th grade, and in 10th grade.

In 10th, I took Biology, Math, and English. I got an advanced in Math and English, and a high proficient in Biology.

We have a scholarship in Mass called the John and Abigail Adams Scholarship. If a child scores advanced in Math or English and their combined scores must be in the top 25% of their graduating class to get it.

The scholarship covers 8 semesters of undergrad classes at any college in my state, university or otherwise.

We called in today to get my scores and I got the scholarship!!!!!!!!!! My mom is flipping out and calling everybody, lol.

Just wanted to share my good news with everybody!

ETA: Only 27 colleges in my state do this I found out, but I'm not complaining.

Edited by BeatleMania

Congratulations! :party:

That is wonderful!

It would be fantastic if it covered any MA college. This scholarship can be applied to any school in the MA state college system, so all of the University of MA schools, and other public colleges and unis. It can't be applied to private colleges in MA. However, there are a good number of state schools in MA from which to choose. Yeah, you!!

In Massachusetts, the standardized testing here is called MCAS. MCAS is taken 3rd-8th grade, and in 10th grade.

In 10th, I took Biology, Math, and English. I got an advanced in Math and English, and a high proficient in Biology.

We have a scholarship in Mass called the John and Abigail Adams Scholarship. If a child scores advanced in Math or English and their combined scores must be in the top 25% of their graduating class to get it.

The scholarship covers 8 semesters of undergrad classes at any college in my state, university or otherwise.

We called in today to get my scores and I got the scholarship!!!!!!!!!! My mom is flipping out and calling everybody, lol.

Just wanted to share my good news with everybody!

ETA: Only 27 colleges in my state do this I found out, but I'm not complaining.

:hurray::party::hurray:

AWESOME!!!

Are you a homeschooled student and you chose to take the MCAS? I am a little confused on that.

Oh, and of course and a HUGE congrats because that is a really hard test!!!!!!!!!!! Getting a scholarship is GREAT!!

I know all about the MCAS. If you are looking into Public Colleges, I would stay away from UMASS Amherst. UMASS Worcester is better.(they call it ZOO-Mass)

Also, not sure where you are from but Westfield State is very good. And Boston University.

Congrats again!!!:lol::lol:

Way to go, Stephanie!!!

ps, I like your new avatar photo! Now I can stop picturing you with stripes!

And here are a few more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: Just saw the link to the other post - sorry for the glitch, but God is laying it out for you.... and it will still be exciting to see how it all comes together in the end!

Way to go, Stephanie!!!

ps, I like your new avatar photo! Now I can stop picturing you with stripes!

And here are a few more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: Just saw the link to the other post - sorry for the glitch, but God is laying it out for you.... and it will still be exciting to see how it all comes together in the end!

Haha, thanks.

And thanks everyone for the support!