Menu

Baby Briana-- I just... dont... understand.

How. How can any human being do this to a baby? :crying: And as an on going thing. I just dont understand. :crying: I dont understand how a grandmother and uncle can know this is going on, and not do anything.:crying: I just dont understand. I think of all these people who deperately want children but can not have them. :crying: I just dont understand. Is adoption not in everybody's vocabulary? I mean seriously, obviously these people did not want their precious little girl. I just dont understand.

This is extremely graphic. I am still crying. Please, do not watch this with your Dc in the room. Emphisis on the darling= loved.

Please hug your kids extra today. I just dont understand.

RIP baby briana :angelsad2:

absolutely horrifying!

This is why I am an absolute believer in the death penalty..not to start a debate...just my oppinion!

I absolutely will not allow my children to play video games (of any kind, let alone killing, carwrecking etc) watch violence on TV etc. I think that it desensitizes our children and future generations against death and so that death, murder, abuse etc is just another thing in life to do.

Sad, Sad, Sad...I have a baby about Brianas age and I can tell you, they wouldn't need the death penalty for anyone that abused her! I am a wonderful shot with a gun!

Evil. Evil people.

My aunt and uncle adopted a sibling pair from a family like this. My cousins were in that kind of shape when they arrived at their home. It was horrible. Broken bones and bruises. They are both now in their 20s. Their teen years were awful for my aunt and uncle. But, they are great people now!!!

I'm so sad to listen to this story. What a sweet, sweet child. Death, in this case, was a blessing. She's at peace now.

absolutely horrifying!

This is why I am an absolute believer in the death penalty..not to start a debate...just my oppinion!

I absolutely will not allow my children to play video games (of any kind, let alone killing, carwrecking etc) watch violence on TV etc. I think that it desensitizes our children and future generations against death and so that death, murder, abuse etc is just another thing in life to do.

Sad, Sad, Sad...I have a baby about Brianas age and I can tell you, they wouldn't need the death penalty for anyone that abused her! I am a wonderful shot with a gun!

:iagree:

Evil. Evil people.

My aunt and uncle adopted a sibling pair from a family like this. My cousins were in that kind of shape when they arrived at their home. It was horrible. Broken bones and bruises. They are both now in their 20s. Their teen years were awful for my aunt and uncle. But, they are great people now!!!

I'm so sad to listen to this story. What a sweet, sweet child. Death, in this case, was a blessing. She's at peace now.

:grouphug: I can not imagine! Your aunt and uncle sound like amazing people!!! :grouphug:

What makes it even more sad is that the grandmother and an uncle knew what was going on and did nothing.

At least she is at peace now.

I know- how can anybody- a grandmother, an uncle ANY family- anybody know this is happening and just allow it? I just dont understand. :crying:

One of the detectives spoke of "educating young parents" but this isn't about lack of education; it wasn't ignorant neglect--it was EVIL, pure and simple, and you can't educate the evil out of someone.

May that poor darling baby rest in peace.

I agree with you 100%!! I was a very young mom. DH and I were scared and married VERY young with our new baby girl. We never, EVER EVER even THOUGHT about hurting our baby, let alone torturing her like baby Briana . . Never would we even have considered hurting our precious (now 12 year old) baby-- I dont care how young these people were, are whatever. It is evil! Nothing else!

^just google "baby brianna" and you'll get a bunch of written accounts. Though they are absolutely devastating to read. It's not just hitting kind of abuse, it's sexual abuse, too. On an infant. It's awful.

I'm glad she died, rather than having to continue to live with such trauma.

I hope that the people who did that to her suffer the same kind of abuse in prison. Often. I really do.

Though they are absolutely devastating to read. It's not just hitting kind of abuse, it's sexual abuse, too. On an infant.

I hope that the people who did that to her suffer the same kind of abuse in prison. Often. I really do.

I just dont understand. :crying: WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE EVIL ANIMALS this poor baby was born to??????? :cursing: I agree with you about these people getting what is coming to them in prison. I HOPE the prison guards do NOT put them in protective custody either. They do NOT deserve any protection for what they did to this poor baby :angelsad2:

I don't get it either. I can see a parent losing it (not okaying it, just saying) and shaking or hitting a baby. I can see ONE evil person though I don't quite get that either. But both parents being so evil? And then the uncle and grandmother also? How is that even POSSIBLE? What is the likelihood that four so absolutely evil would cross each other's paths, much less hurt an INFANT so incredibly much.

I just can't see ANYONE hurting a child like that ONCE, much less multiple times for 6 months straight. It's completely unfathomable. I never would have GUESSED any of this. The truth is so far beyond imagination. It's so sick :(

My God.

I am utterly speechless.

Except for this: how in the world can one deranged individual find two more just like it to work with them, and then find two more who simply won't tell about the other three?

I could not watch the whole thing. I cut it off. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Are these people dead or on death row? I don't know if it was mentioned since I could not listen or watch to the end.

I agree with you 100%!! I was a very young mom. DH and I were scared and married VERY young with our new baby girl. We never, EVER EVER even THOUGHT about hurting our baby, let alone torturing her like baby Briana . . Never would we even have considered hurting our precious (now 12 year old) baby-- I dont care how young these people were, are whatever. It is evil! Nothing else!

But you and your dh likely were not raised in similar circumstances to Baby Briana. Just as a previous poster vowed not to allow her children to witness/participate in violent activities, we don't know that anyone took that sort of care when raising the children who eventually became these heinous abusers.

I DO think it's about education-- it's about community outreach and extending support systems to people who are at risk. There is so much more I could say, but I am just too horrified by that video to think much more clearly.

My two cents.

astrid

The max at the time of this child's death was 18 years.

But then that woman got the law changed. I wonder if it will affect them when the time comes for them to (I don't know the word - appeal? Or whatever it is when the least of their years is up and they go before the courts again for release).

Oh, and it sounded like the grandmother and uncle were only served 30 days for knowing about it and not telling.

Edited by LauraGB

Quote from link below:

Brianna’s father and uncle were sentenced to 57 and 51 years in prison, respectively, for raping and killing the girl. Her mother received 27 years for negligence that led to the girl’s death. Because the conspiracy convictions against the father and uncle were not reinstated, their sentences will likely be reduced slightly.

http://haussamen.blogspot.com/2007/08/convictions-reinstated-in-baby-briannas.html

Guest ME-Mommy
But you and your dh likely were not raised in similar circumstances to Baby Briana. Just as a previous poster vowed not to allow her children to witness/participate in violent activities, we don't know that anyone took that sort of care when raising the children who eventually became these heinous abusers.

I DO think it's about education-- it's about community outreach and extending support systems to people who are at risk. ...My two cents.

astrid

OK -- newbie here -- WARNING: I'm probably going to "step in it"...

I disagree...

Even IF something similar to what this baby endured had been done to the parents as children, they would know that it was wrong...even SCUM like these people know the difference between right and wrong...it's a God-given instinct...

OK -- newbie here -- WARNING: I'm probably going to "step in it"...

I disagree...

Even IF something similar to what this baby endured had been done to the parents as children, they would know that it was wrong...even SCUM like these people know the difference between right and wrong...it's a God-given instinct...

Actually, it isn't. There are people who are truly unable to differentiate between right and wrong, who are incapable of empathy, devoid of conscience, and who are compelled by their disorder to act in, sometimes, heinous ways. Here is a very thorough description of those kinds of people.

Edited by Audrey

I DO think it's about education-- it's about community outreach and extending support systems to people who are at risk. There is so much more I could say, but I am just too horrified by that video to think much more clearly.

My two cents.

astrid

If at some point you are thinking clearly, would you be willing to elaborate as to what type of education or outreach would help in situations like this?

I am not interested in a debate, but am genuinely curious as to what might be done to prevent things like this and why your experience leads you that way?

Actually, it isn't. There are people who are truly unable to differentiate between right and wrong, who are incapable of empathy, devoid of conscience, and who are compelled by their disorder to act in, sometimes, heinous ways. Here is a very thorough description of those kinds of people.

Audrey, thanks for this article. I have actually studied psychopathy extensively (but not in a high academic setting beyond Bachelor's level) and I am convinced that some people are simply born wrong and there is nothing that anyone can do to fix them. I don't think they are made so much as born. Neither education nor therapy can help them. Furthermore, normal human beings are not capable of understanding their behavior nor are the psychopaths able to explain their behavior. There are no answers to be had nor understanding to be reached. Their behavior is incomprehensable and I believe that is as it should be. The failure of other people to report this kind of behavior is actually a defense mechanism of the subconscious to protect the individual from dealing with something so atrocious. There are some places that the human mind really does not want to go.

ETA: It is extremely unusual to find three working together. There have been many cases of two individuals working in conjunction but I don't know that I have ever heard of three.

Edited by KidsHappen

Audrey, thanks for this article. I have actually studied psychopathy extensively (but not in a high academic setting beyond Bachelor's level) and I am convinced that some people are simply born wrong and there is nothing that anyone can do to fix them. I don't think they are made so much as born. Neither education nor therapy can help them. Furthermore, normal human beings are not capable of understanding their behavior nor are the psychopaths able to explain their behavior. There are no answers to be had nor understanding to be reached. Their behavior is incomprehensable and I believe that is as it should be.

But 4 people? The mom, dad, grandma and uncle? Obviously from more than more biological family (the mom and dad) Is that possible?

Actually, it isn't. There are people who are truly unable to differentiate between right and wrong.

:iagree:

Does an infant differentiate between right and wrong? What if you kept that infantile amoralism and just got experience in your environment: how to talk and walk and read and what to say to what person to get what you want.

This is how I wrap my head around such people.

What I find amazing about such horrible abuse is that the child was fed. If you treat something as a bag of meat, you feed it, too? Someone dressed and bathed her, too. How weird to bounce from flinging and raping baby after feeding it. She had chubby cheeks. Someone fed her!

But 4 people? The mom, dad, grandma and uncle? Obviously from more than more biological family (the mom and dad) Is that possible?

I editted my answer above to address this issue. It is my understanding that the mother, father and one uncle were the perpetrators and the other two failed to report for the reasons I listed above.

Audrey, thanks for this article. I have actually studied psychopathy extensively (but not in a high academic setting beyond Bachelor's level) and I am convinced that some people are simply born wrong and there is nothing that anyone can do to fix them. I don't think they are made so much as born. Neither education nor therapy can help them. Furthermore, normal human beings are not capable of understanding their behavior nor are the psychopaths able to explain their behavior. There are no answers to be had nor understanding to be reached. Their behavior is incomprehensable and I believe that is as it should be. The failure of other people to report this kind of behavior is actually a defense mechanism of the subconscious to protect the individual from dealing with something so atrocious. There are some places that the human mind really does not want to go.

ETA: It is extremely unusual to find three working together. There have been many cases of two individuals working in conjunction but I don't know that I have ever heard of three.

:iagree: There is something inherently wrong about people like that. I do, however, think it is naive to simply write them off as 'evil.' (You did not do that Kidshappen, I'm just using this as a jumping off point here.) They are people with a mental disorder. They are, by all clinical definitions, sick. They need treatment, or failing that, containment. In many cases, they cannot be helped and, IMO, need to be removed from the rest of society, for society's sake, but for their own sake as well. I think it is a dangerous thing to merely call these kinds of people 'scum,' 'animals,' or 'evil' because that just lets us relegate them to some kind of 'other.' I think it is important to remember that the greatest threat to humans is other humans.