Menu

Do you ever get the distinct feeling you are on someone's

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am, I don't want to know.

I see no need for those lists, are we in elementary or what, with cliques and ignores? You always have the option of skimming, or just walking over what seems unimportant or distressing to you.

That's true, and I used to feel that way, but when you get to the point that you know that every thing a certain poster says is going to annoy or upset you, it's time to ignore. I have had a much harder time over the last year or so getting over little things (witness my Paperback Swap problem), and so I find that I am much happier and healthier and complain to my husband less if I can just head those things off at the pass.

I too have no one on my ignore list but feel as though I am on a few. I don't really see the point in something like a message board on the internet if you're going to censor it (even just censor your own view of it). I like being able to read all the messages even if I strongly disagree.

Yes, I used to feel that way too. :001_smile: The wonderful thing about ignore is that you can set it up to be just for you. It's one of the reasons I like Facebook - I have complete and total control over who is my friend, who can see my stuff, whose stuff I see, etc.

And now you both know that I'm not ignoring you LOL. :lol:

Nakia,

FYI, you are one of the only people who has actually acknowledged my comments, (even if you don't remember now!) so you'll never be on MY ignore list! :001_smile:

Gosh, I thought I was the only one who felt ignored by the hive! I thought it was because I was relatively new here....

Nakia,

FYI, you are one of the only people who has actually acknowledged my comments, (even if you don't remember now!) so you'll never be on MY ignore list! :001_smile:

Gosh, I thought I was the only one who felt ignored by the hive! I thought it was because I was relatively new here....

:D

Nakia,

Post something fun and exciting (or controversial if you have thick skin) in your signatrue you'll get more attention than you're looking for. Maybe. If you're not on everyone's ignore list.;)

I feel as if I am on a few ignore lists. :001_huh:

I am a thread killer (gosh watch this one die now).:confused:

I do kill a lot of kittens also.:001_huh: Maybe I need to cut back on posting.....

I have one person on my ignore list, but gosh she was driving me nuts!ahhhhh.gif She kept blowing everything I would say out of context. So, I finally broke down and did the whole ignore thing. A plus is she doesn't post too much so it is not too bad.:)

Yep, especially when I reply and there are no comments and then four posts later someone says the same thing and every one comments on that answer. Does thinking every third person ignores me make me paranoid?

Nakia - You are not on my ignore list. I love reading your posts.

What is more likely is that the poster has not read much past the original post before responding.

Edited by annandatje

Yes, I do have an ignore list, but the people that are on it don't seem to post very often, and when they do they seem to throw thinly veiled insults around and they love to make 'undercover' political statements. I prefer not to acknowledge their words. If I'm reading a thread I don't always pay attention to the poster that is replying, so before my ignore list I was seeing things that really made me feel soiled. Now I can avoid the soiling and get on with the reading and learning. :)

Yes.

I don't want to ignore anyone, because I see part of my reason for being here to contribute to the needs of others. If someone were on my ignore list, I wouldn't be able to help them if I knew the answer to something. If I disagree with someone, I move on, but I would still want to be there for the person if I could help with something.

Plus, even people I disagree with strongly on certain issues has great advice in other areas.

Edited by nestof3

Post something fun and exciting (or controversial if you have thick skin) in your signatrue you'll get more attention than you're looking for. Maybe. If you're not on everyone's ignore list.;)

Thanks, I'll work on the signature thing...

BTW, Dragon Academy, I really enjoy reading your posts! :001_smile:

:seeya: I see you!

I have directly addressed people and had them completely ignore my questions, so yes, I have thought that. Then again, OTOH, I also feel pretty invisible and not important enough for anyone to ignore sometimes too. ;)

What she said.:tongue_smilie:

I feel like I'm on everybody's! I just rediscovered this board and rarely post here and 2 out of the 3 question threads I've started have gotten zero replies. I just tell myself my questions were so smart that nobody knew the answer. :lol:

Now I'm off to find out where this ignore list is and how to subscribe to a thread. Although I'm way too nosy to put anybody on an ignore list. I'd have to take them off just to see what they said and what everybody's talking about.

I always feel like I am on everyone's ignore list I have a complex about things like that

Me too. I tend to think nobody likes me. When I get a hint that someone may like me or something I've said/done, I wonder about it and worry about losing it. And then figure that it's a fluke and they don't like me anyway. I have REALLY tried to stop this but it's an constant issue running through my head. Well, and THAT is just something else to worry about in and of itself. LOL

Sorry. I have never used Horizons, and we are not learning Spanish right now.

I feel like I'm on everybody's! I just rediscovered this board and rarely post here and 2 out of the 3 question threads I've started have gotten zero replies. I just tell myself my questions were so smart that nobody knew the answer. :lol:

Now I'm off to find out where this ignore list is and how to subscribe to a thread. Although I'm way too nosy to put anybody on an ignore list. I'd have to take them off just to see what they said and what everybody's talking about.

The last page of a thread always has all the clues you need to see just what kind of fracas has been stirred up. :D

Do you also read the end of a book first? I can't resist at least a sneak peek.

I just had to quote and say that I loved that you used the word "fracas"! My mom used to some in and say "What's all the fracas about in here?" or something similar if we were being loud! :lol:

Fracas! Fracas! Fracas! (Whew! Now I go that out of my system!)

But, yes, I understand that feeling. It's as if I say, "I think that cats are cute and cuddly". No response. Nothing. Then a few posts down another, more popular member (Gee, it's like high school all over again!) says, "ya know what? I have always found kitty cats to be so DARN CUTE AND CUDDLY!" and all you hear is the sound of everyone agreeing with said poster, "OMG!!! Isn't she just so stinkin' ASTUTE?! Your ability to ascertain the nuances of everything in the entire world,...right down to feline demeanor is just staggering!! You are an incredible contribution to this board! How have we lived without your input for so long? Tonight.....WE SHALL BUILD A SHRINE IN THINE HONOUR!"

:cheers2::hurray::tongue_smilie:

:lol::lol::lol:

FTR, no one on my ignore list. I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and opinions.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I can write a 10 page paper for my most demanding professor and he writes things like "This is the closest thing to a perfect paper I've seen!" but on message boards I turn into a babbling idiot. Nothing comes across as I meant it, and I end up sounding asinine. :confused:

So, I lurk. And enjoy. :lurk5:

Me too. I tend to think nobody likes me. When I get a hint that someone may like me or something I've said/done, I wonder about it and worry about losing it. And then figure that it's a fluke and they don't like me anyway. I have REALLY tried to stop this but it's an constant issue running through my head. Well, and THAT is just something else to worry about in and of itself. LOL

I do this too. :001_huh: I've had chronically low self-esteem since 4th grade when I got bullied about my curly hair. Seriously. Lately, I've found it easier to just operate as if no one likes me. If they do, it's a nice surprise. If they don't I don't have to deal with more rejection.

I can't ignore anyone, I'm entirely too curious about what people have to say.

If I am on an ignore list, well does that mean I could talk about that person and they wouldn't know? I guess the key is to find out who is ignoring you. :tongue_smilie:

:lol::lol::lol:

FTR, no one on my ignore list. I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and opinions.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I can write a 10 page paper for my most demanding professor and he writes things like "This is the closest thing to a perfect paper I've seen!" but on message boards I turn into a babbling idiot. Nothing comes across as I meant it, and I end up sounding asinine. :confused:

So, I lurk. And enjoy. :lurk5:

I totally understand this. I feel like perhaps there is greatness of thought in my head, but when the words tumble forth from my fingertips it comes out like:

"I have a thought that means that I may or may not agree with you....wordswordswords and then a smiley".

:confused:

I don't get that feeling, but if someone does have me on their list, I am sure that we're both happier for it. Almost everyone I have ignored has ended up permanently banned. I think I have 1 active member on my list right now, though I rarely see her name pop up anymore.

I do this too. :001_huh: I've had chronically low self-esteem since 4th grade when I got bullied about my curly hair. Seriously. Lately, I've found it easier to just operate as if no one likes me. If they do, it's a nice surprise. If they don't I don't have to deal with more rejection.

I can't ignore anyone, I'm entirely too curious about what people have to say.

If I am on an ignore list, well does that mean I could talk about that person and they wouldn't know? I guess the key is to find out who is ignoring you. :tongue_smilie:

Paula we love you!!:D I mean who could not love the keeper of curly hair!:)

Now I guess you would be right, find out and then you could talk about them and they would never know!:lol:

Edited by hsmom

I know for a fact my kids have me on ignore. I saw the list. :glare:
:tongue_smilie::lol:

So far no one on this thread is on my ignore list and now I feel like I must reply to each and every one of you. I am also afraid to point out a couple of people that were particularly funny because I am skimming quickly and sure to leave someone out. ACK!

Edited by Lovedtodeath

Guest janainaz

I'm certain I am and I'm ok with it. But I wonder if people put others on ignore because they find them to be rude, or because they just don't agree with them - ever. I don't see eye-to-eye on all things with everyone, but I still find other points of view valuable.

This board has shown me that we don't all have to agree on everything all the time. We come from all different walks of life and have had unique experiences that help to shape how we think and what we believe. Everyone has valuable input and I don't ever see a reason to shut out another train of thought - even if it's from someone having a bad day, or different from my own.

Nakia,

Welcome, kym of clan armadillo!

I'm really not very thick-skinned. I wish I was. Guess I need to post some juicy stuff and toughen up! :D

This is the place to practice :D

I like your avatar pic. It looks like it is waiting for something important and now I want to know what it is, but there is no use asking you because you don't know what armadillos think about.

Rosie

Edited by Rosie_0801

I thought we were friends until I read this.

:D

Okay, look now-- The Saint was a good movie, Tombstone was a good movie, Willow was a good movie. Top Gun was only viewable because of Val Kilmer.

Anyway this is how I will remember Val - val_kilmer.jpg

And if you cannot have a friend who has a secret passion for young VK than I need to do a little searching for that ignore list thing that everyone is talking about.

cat-gives-you-scurvy.jpgBtw, I DO think that cats are cute and cuddly, just for the record. :tongue_smilie:

I totally love the cheezburger cats!!!!! Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Back on the topic. I don't think I have ticked anybody off enough to be ignored, yet. I do feel unnoticed sometimes, don't we all :glare:. I must confess that I have killed a thread or 2.

I don't think I am mature enough to ignore people. I would constantly be wondering if they were saying anything about me. How could I be sure if I couldn't stalk them silently through the board making snarky faces at my screen. Where is the fun in that? :D

Okay, look now-- The Saint was a good movie, Tombstone was a good movie, Willow was a good movie. Top Gun was only viewable because of Val Kilmer.

Anyway this is how I will remember Val - val_kilmer.jpg

And if you cannot have a friend who has a secret passion for young VK than I need to do a little searching for that ignore list thing that everyone is talking about.

Pax

So far no one on this thread is on my ignore list and now I feel like I must reply to each and every one of you.

I must not understand what "ignore" means. How on earth would you know if someone on your "ignore list" posts on a thread you were reading?

Help me out here....

Julie

How on earth would you know if someone on your "ignore list" posts on a thread you were reading?

I was wondering that, too.

"I have a thought that means that I may or may not agree with you....wordswordswords and then a smiley".

I feel like that. I'm also a thread killer. And to top it off, I only submit about a third of the posts I actually write.

Julie D.

I was wondering that, too.

Julie D.

Instead of a post, you see a box that says

This message is hidden because ******* is on your ignore list.
Of course the stars spell out their name. There is also an option to view the post, and if you click it, the post shows up.

I guess I'm juvenile for having an ignore list. But I'm not sure why having someone on ignore is any different than just not reading the post. For me, it's a reminder that the post was written by someone I am better off not interacting with. I don't always look at the name before I read a post. This way, I have a warning.

I have people I avoid IRL too. It's no different.