Menu

What do you use to wipe down/scrub your bathroom

I use my clean downgraded/stringy kitchen cloths or white bar towels that I use for all cleaning. I use 2 clean cloths for each bathroom. I start with mirrors, cabinets, toilet with one. Floor/walls with the other.

I keep old rags on hand specifically for the bathrooms. I wash the sinks first, then the tub/shower, and finally wipe the exterior of the toilet with the rag. I use one rag per bathroom, then wash them with the bathroom rugs after all the bathrooms are done. I clean bathrooms once per week, all in one day (we have four in this house).

Cindy

Currently I use a sponge that only gets used in the bathroom. However I also use Clorox wipes. I have been considering buying some cloths to use in the bathrooms and then washing them in hot water in the washer and reusing them only in the bathrooms.

You know those generic baby blankets they give you at the hospital? They make wonderful rags, and I've had 4 babies. I cut them up and threw them into a box along with old/stained washcloths and towels. We use those for cleaning the bathroom, spills, etc. They have almost entirely replaced paper towel usage.

Guest Katia

Paper towels. Only.

Unless I use a Clorox wipe, but that is rare. It is usually my home-made cleaner and paper towels.

After spending years and years using rags/cloths, I am much, much happier with tossing the paper towels. It is an expense I gladly pay.

at Costco. I have colored ones and white ones. The white ones can be bleached.

I have a horror of reusing the same cloth over and over. To me, once I've used it, it has germs, and I don't want to keep spreading them. So I tend to spray with a homemade solution and wipe with one of these rags. The just go in the laundry. I have a lot, so they accumulate.

We squeegee ours and let it drip dry, clean it periodically with a scrub brush, I let that drip dry, too.

My parents wipe the shower walls dry with their towel and let the bottom drip dry, they wash their towels afterwards. (Whoever takes the last shower of the morning uses their towel to wipe down the walls, so they are only doing a bit of extra laundry.)

I use old washclothes or microfiber cloths I specifically bought for cleaning in the bathroom. I rinse well and wash those items together, with bleach, vinegar, etc., in hot water. I use swiffer type wet clothes for mopping and discard those.

I use a sponge in the kitchen with an antibacterial cleaner. We do microwave or put them through the dishwasher sometimes, but more generally, we just throw them out and get a new one pretty often.

Haven't read other replies, but I use Clorox wipes. They are pricy, but imho are worth it. I don't have to worry about having clean rags, washing them, etc. The kids can easily use them at a young age, and it is worth it to pay for the wipes when the kids can easily help with cleaning chores. I get the wipes on sale whenever I can, and I know they cost less at Costco.

Microfiber cloths that I wash immediately. Method "Le Scrub" and Method bath and tile cleaner.

Periodically (like now when I'm in "home must be ready to show to a renter" mode) I keep pre-moistened wipes on hand. My fave are Method bathroom wipes -- smell like Eucalyptus and are a little tougher than Clorox wipes or standard Method wipes.