Menu

Funny Church Signs?

I'm sure there are funnier signs, but on Mother's Day we drove by a Chuch with (what I thought was) a "chuckle-worthy" sign on the marquee:

What's the best vitamin for a Christian?

B-1

So I'm looking for more "church humor." What have you got?

Bill

I used to live by a church that would change their sign every couple of months. I drove by two or three times a week. They only one coming to me right now was:

Put down that phone - God only answers knee-mail!

:lol::lol::lol:

Not too far from me in rural Arkansas, there's a town by the name of Flippin. The church in town has a big sign with the name Flippin Church of Christ. If you say it with a true Arkansas accent, it is really funny! :D

Now THAT is funny!!! :lol:

Bill

Not too far from me in rural Arkansas, there's a town by the name of Flippin. The church in town has a big sign with the name Flippin Church of Christ. If you say it with a true Arkansas accent, it is really funny! :D

There was one two years ago near us in late October inviting folks to join them for a "Holy Ghost Weenee Roast" on Saturday evening.

Seriously.

:huh:

LOL!!!! :lol:

I saw the B-1 at a church near my house as well. I thought it was great! Actually, I even updated my Facebook status with it LOL!

The Flippin Church of Christ is great LOL!!! That is hilarious!! I can hear it now.....

"What church do you attend?"

"The Flippin Church of Christ."

"What? You don't like it or something? You can always convert."

Holy Cow! My cousin lives in Flippin!

I'll have to ask her about it. (And btw, she says everything with an Arkansas accent.;))

The one dh and I used to giggle at (sorry) every time we drove past was totally not meant to be funny, but the name of the church was "Overcoming Faith Baptist Church". We used to wonder (not really) whether it was a Baptist church geared, oddly, toward overcoming all vestiges of any type of faith , or whether it was a recovery group for former members of "Faith Baptist Church". It did seem that a church was an odd place to choose to overcome faith. (And yes, we do understand that it meant faith to overcome, or fath that overcomes.)

Holy Cow! My cousin lives in Flippin!

I'll have to ask her about it. (And btw, she says everything with an Arkansas accent.;))

With a Flippin Arkansas accent? Lol... Where I live "flippin" is almost a swear word. Not quite as bad as "fetchin" but maybe a little worse than "oh my heck".

My grandparents used to live in Yellville, not far from Flippin. We always got a giggle out of saying that we were going to the Flippin Wal-Mart. :D

Edited by Kirch

:lol::lol::lol: I want to live there!

A local church was inspired by the stimulus bill I'm guessing and since then has had a sign that says "spiritual stimulus sunday at 9:30" :001_huh:

We passed a church sign a few weeks ago that read, "Love your enemies, it messes with their heads."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

There is a Seventh Day Adventist church in our town that changes it's sign quite often. A friend of mine took a picture of it a couple of weeks ago. It said:

"When Will

The End

Come?

Saturday 10:45"

Seemed pretty specific lol!

Good to know!!:D

The one dh and I used to giggle at (sorry) every time we drove past was totally not meant to be funny, but the name of the church was "Overcoming Faith Baptist Church". We used to wonder (not really) whether it was a Baptist church geared, oddly, toward overcoming all vestiges of any type of faith , or whether it was a recovery group for former members of "Faith Baptist Church". It did seem that a church was an odd place to choose to overcome faith. (And yes, we do understand that it meant faith to overcome, or fath that overcomes.)

:lol:

Loved this blog.

http://crummychurchsigns.blogspot.com/

I even contributed. The comments are as funny as the signs.

Wow, look how far American Christianity has come... The First Baptist Church in America sign.

I like my Baptists more... "The Party in Hell has been Cancelled Due to Fire."

And I'm :lol: at "Always Remember that Hell is Uncool."

Edited by angela in ohio

The one dh and I used to giggle at (sorry) every time we drove past was totally not meant to be funny, but the name of the church was "Overcoming Faith Baptist Church".

There is a "Faith Free Presbyterian Church" in my hometown. I've always giggled about the church with no faith.

I made a funny changing the marquee at church once...

The old message was:

top line - God Bless You

bottom line - Pastor (Interim Pastor's Name)

The new message was:

top line - Friends don't let friends

bottom line - die without Jesus

Well, I had just finished changing out the bottom lines when the youth pastor called me inside to clear up an office issue. On returning to the marquee I realized what I'd left behind...

God Bless You

Die Without Jesus

:blink: ooops :eek: :leaving:

The old message was:

top line - God Bless You

The new message was:

Well, I had just finished changing out the bottom lines when the youth pastor called me inside to clear up an office issue. On returning to the marquee I realized what I'd left behind...

God Bless You

Die Without Jesus

:lol:

The old message was:

top line - God Bless You

The new message was:

God Bless You

Die Without Jesus

This seriously made me laugh hysterically. I think DH thought I was insane!

Last fall there was one at a church down the road from us that really struck me funny.

The top line read: Repent! Confess All!

Next line: Come hear Bro. (visiting pastor's name) this Sunday

I always wondered what that man was going to say.....:001_huh: