Menu

How the States Got Their Shapes

DVR Alert.

My dh and I are watching a wonderful show on the History Channel entitled, "How the States Got Their Shapes." IMHO it is very well done and would be a great addition to your homeschool curriculum. The show will be replayed tonight at 1:00 am eastcoast time according to my Verizon FIOS guide.

Did you know there is Library built in the USA and Canada? While you are in the library you can go back and forth between USA and Canada, but you must exit through the door that leads into the same country you entered from.:001_huh:

DVR Alert.

My dh and I are watching a wonderful show on the History Channel entitled, "How the States Got Their Shapes." IMHO it is very well done and would be a great addition to your homeschool curriculum. The show will be replayed tonight at 1:00 am eastcoast time according to my Verizon FIOS guide.

Did you know there is Library built in the USA and Canada? While you are in the library you can go back and forth between USA and Canada, but you must exit through the door that leads into the same country you entered from.:001_huh:

Thank you! My oldest was just talking about this topic (the shapes of the states, not the library) a few days ago. I'm recording the show so she can watch it tomorrow.

Whaaaa? lol My youngest was asking about this today! Thank you!

Ack! We don't have cable. I was reading the post thinking I could snap my fingers at Netflix. Wah!

Sorry. I did some digging around The History Channel website and found this page of videos. "How the States Got Their Shapes" is not included. I am hoping they will include it in the future. They do have 38 videos on "The States," 9 on "The Mayflower," and 19 on "Ellis Island."

We just happen to run across this show last night when we got home. We missed the first hour!:crying: My boys were even drawn in and thought it was interesting.

Can anyone tell me if it will be on again?

I searched MSN TV listings and nothing showed. The History Channel had this. You could try to email the channel about the show.

Wasn't it terrific?! I missed a whole chunk because of unexpected guests and a chatty dd3, but I would love to see it again in entirity. My guess is that there will be a video soon, they almost always release videos of the shows shortly after the premiere.

We watched a good chunk of this. Even the 7yo was into it and put an arguement that it's educational and he should be able to stay up and watch it!

I went to ps/catholic school K-7 into Toledo till moving to NJ. In the years of history/state history, I had NEVER heard of the "Toledo War" or battle or whichever they called it. That was pretty neat!

Sorry. I did some digging around The History Channel website and found this page of videos. "How the States Got Their Shapes" is not included. I am hoping they will include it in the future. They do have 38 videos on "The States," 9 on "The Mayflower," and 19 on "Ellis Island."

It's just a waiting game now. It will be available at some point. Now I know to look for it, so thanks. :)

• 1 year later...
I had NEVER heard of the "Toledo War" or battle or whichever they called it.
We learned about this in 4th grade state history...I remember my teacher saying 'really, we should have gotten to keep Toledo, but I'm sure if you go down into Ohio, they'll say, well of course we should get Toledo' :D

I thought the WV part was cool....I had no idea the Hatfields and McCoys were real people :001_huh: I thought they were just an American myth. The little bit of Kentucky in Missouri was cool too. It's a neat show!

• 3 years later...