Menu

Worst movie

Thanks for the information. I have Slum Dog on my mental to watch list. You are the second person who has mentioned Sunshine Cleaning so that goes on the list too. I loved Fargo but haven't seen the others.

I see so few movies and most feel like the same thing over and over again.

I'm always happy to share movie info. Another two I just saw, that were wonderful, are Brodeuses (Sequins ), and Etz Limon (The Lemon Tree). Along with music, bks, and art... movies are one of my passions.

Revolutionary Road.

I loved the book but the movie was terrible. My husband hated it so much he went on for days about how bad it was.

I stopped watching after about 15 minutes.

I still would like to travel to South America some day . . . but, as a direct result of that movie, I can guarantee I will never go to Argentina.

I said to DH that is what happens when you let all the Nazis, running away from the allies, into your country. Argentina is where thay went mostly.

Has there been a best movie list? Did I miss it? Of course I will not be able to list just one. :D

I don't know actually. There is a best book and worst book thread.

Wow, I am really surprised to see that so many disliked Burn After Reading. My brother hated it but everyone else in my family loved it and we have watched it many times and laughed out loud each time. We are just weird I guess.

We did watch one truly horrid movie which was absolute torture to finish but I can't even remember the name of it. It must have been so bad that I blocked it out entirely. It was one of those movies where there were so many questions that you thought for sure that they were going to tie them all up in a grand finale, only they didn't. It was on video so it must have come out last year.

Me too. I liked Burn After Reading. We're huge Coen brothers fans here, and though I don't think it was one of their best, it was better than a lot of other movies I've seen. I thought parts of it were hilarious, especially the ending.

Edited by funschooler5
Misspelled Coen :)

The worst movie I saw last year (can't remember if it came out on DVD last year or not) was The Happening. In fact, I think it makes my top ten list of the worst movies I've ever seen. I actually enjoyed watching it with my husband and his friend, though, because we were laughing through the whole thing (it was supposed to be scary, or suspenseful, or something.)

Where the Wild Things Are....before the tomatoes start flying...I felt like it completely missed the mark. What I loved about that book was the complete lack of parents. As a kid I liked that Max didn't need his mom for adventure...he needed her for security and love. I hated that in the movie the parents were empathized with. What's the fun it that...and as a kid (think back now!) there is no empathy for the parents...they are the enemy. I guess I just wanted a real romp of childhood...mischievousness and fun, but in the end...none of us really have anywhere to run away to. That to me is childhood....wanting to run, but knowing even then that you are lucky. However, I loved the look of the movie and the sounds!

I must be too... I saw it twice in the theatre. :D

....The Fantastic Mr Fox (a film my kids and I loved so much, we saw it three times).

If anyone is looking for a good kids' film, we all loved Ponyo.

I loved Burn Before Reading! I think it was a lighthearted reprise of No Country. Same song done different ways, you know?

Both Mr. Fox (big Anderson fan!) and Ponyo are on our must see list.

Night at the Museum 2. I had only marginally enjoyed the first one (just not my thing), but my youngest dd talked me into taking a hand full of her friends to the movies.

The theater was new and clean, the popcorn was delicious. The movie was truly painful. :001_smile:

:iagree: I loved the first one though.... regretted the time spent watching the second one.....

I'd like the 5 minutes of my life back spent in a theatre with that horrible Kid Rock video for the National Guard.

:iagree::iagree::iagree: I saw that thing waaaaaaaaaaay too many times last year. Made me want to leave the movies before the movies even started.

Disliked "Paul Blart: Mall Cop". My friend & I went to see this. I don't think either of us even laughed once. :001_huh:

I'm also not a fan of "Night At The Museum 2". While Hank Azaria was great in "The Birdcage", I didn't enjoy seeing him reprise his Birdcage role, just this time w/ a pharaoh outfit. (BTW, I loved the first "Night At The Museum" movie.)

This is the United States of Don't Touch That Thing Right In Front of You

Possibly the funniest scene in the movie. The rest was too slow and uneven for me. The night out experience was good as I mentioned above. The cleanest theater I have ever seen and yummy popcorn. As I waited for the movie to be over, I kept saying to myself, "ummmm, good popcorn". :lol:

Originally Posted by nmoira viewpost.gif

I'd like the 5 minutes of my life back spent in a theatre with that horrible Kid Rock video for the National Guard.

While I am not a big fan of Metal Music, I have to say I like this video. I think it is a great ad but then it isn't meant to attract homeschooling moms but rather young men. (And yes there are plenty of women in the military and they are very important but this ad was made to attract young guys).

Doubt with Meryl Streep. I love Meryl Streep and was so looking forward to this movie. Talk about depressing. I watched the entire thing hoping it would get better. Never did.

I liked Doubt a lot. Before I watched it, I was afraid that because of the subject matter it would be really depressing, but I thought they handled it very well. And all three of the main actors (Philip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams and especially Meryl Streep) were just wonderful.

The worst movie I saw last year (can't remember if it came out on DVD last year or not) was The Happening. In fact, I think it makes my top ten list of the worst movies I've ever seen. I actually enjoyed watching it with my husband and his friend, though, because we were laughing through the whole thing (it was supposed to be scary, or suspenseful, or something.)

I made the mistake of seeing this one in the theater. One of the worst movies I've seen in YEARS.

Hated:

Land of the Lost

Night at the Museum 2

Revolutionary Road

Liked but wished it was edited better:

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince--We saw this on opening day. I was honestly a little bored in the middle of it. I'm glad we own it on DVD now. If it's on, I can do laundry in the slow parts.

Julie & Julia--I wish it was just Julia. I was bored with the Julie parts. Meryl Streep as Julia Child was fabulous.

I like alot of movies that others disliked. I liked Burn After Reading and Knocked Up. My mom and step dad told me that they hated this movie called Knowing. They said they turned it off in the middle. I, of course, had to watch it then. I loved it. I'm one of 5 people who liked The Happening. It's not one of M. Night's best but I still liked it.

Edited by Pajama Mama

I liked Doubt a lot. Before I watched it, I was afraid that because of the subject matter it would be really depressing, but I thought they handled it very well. And all three of the main actors (Philip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams and especially Meryl Streep) were just wonderful.

Ok, good. I'm kind of afraid as well due to the subject.

Hated:

My mom and step dad told me that they hated this movie called Knowing. They said they turned it off in the middle. I, of course, had to watch it then. I loved it. I'm one of 5 people who liked The Happening. It's not one of M. Night's best but I still liked it.

The Knowing would have been it great if the ending hadn't been so bad. I liked The Happening, not his best, but still good.