Menu

So, what are you doing this weekend?

Ds just went off to piano lessons with Dad. I'm thinking about stuff do this weekend and I'm stumped. We live in the suburbs, about 20 miles from the "Big City." There's skating, bowling and ... watching the grass grow.

Obviously there are things we can do if we look hard enough, but we're in a rut!

What do you do with your family on weekends for fun?

We're pretty boring on the weekends! We usually stay home and spend tons of time out back. We live on a lake so DH and the boys fish almost every Saturday and Sunday. Right now the baby is napping and DH is watching the boys play in their little pool.

We also do our fun school projects on the weekend. Katie is at a difficult age when it comes to stuff like this. She wants to be involved in what we're doing by trying to eat everything. :tongue_smilie: It's nice to have an extra set of hands and it gives DH a chance to get involved with school.

Sorry I don't have any great ideas for you. My guys are still little so we have most of our fun at home.

This time of year, there's always some sort of Harvest/Fall festival going on every weekend somewhere. Usually we would be doing something like that.

But, girls are still sick, DS slept over at a friend's house last night, and we've got a project due Monday that we haven't even started on yet. We're going to be busy working on that all weekend.

I said we weren't going to wait until the last minute for this one... :glare:

chores...wtm boards...chores....wtm board....chores....cook...wtm boards

This evening we're going to a friend's house to sit around the fire (it's the first chilly night of the season here) for smores and apple cider.

Tomorrow, I'm going to help a mom who wants to home school, then I'll come home to a crock pot dinner and probably play cards with the fam.

The girls and I are on our way to my moms, to bake apple pies. She has a few trees that produce the yummiest fruit. We'll make as many as we can, last year we got 6 or 7 done in one day.

I figure if you make pies at least one time in the fall, you've done your fall baking for the year. The kids still talk about how fun it was last year. One day of effort, life time of memories. :)

This is a very, very unusual weekend for me. Yesterday was dd17's birthday so we are going to a Celtic Thunder concert in Baltimore tonight as part of the celebration.:)

Most weekends my dh works (he's a letter carrier) so it's kind of a normal day for us. We do chores, read, play board or card games, try out new recipes, just normal stuff. We're out in the country so it's rather a chore to go anywhere. I try to avoid going out because I don't like crowds. I prefer to do my shopping and other errands on the weekday dh has off.

Ha! I just remembered, too, that this year we had 7 weddings (!!!) this year at my church so many of our weekends we've been attending/helping out with those.

The girls and I are on our way to my moms, to bake apple pies. She has a few trees that produce the yummiest fruit. We'll make as many as we can, last year we got 6 or 7 done in one day.

I figure if you make pies at least one time in the fall, you've done your fall baking for the year. The kids still talk about how fun it was last year. One day of effort, life time of memories. :)

I love it!

I have quite a bit of work to do, so we won't be going anywhere.

I was just out in the office loading up the large-format printers. When the posters are finished I will be laminating and mounting them to gatorboard. There is an abundance of trimming to be done in the end.

In between, I hope to get a little baking done, then maybe we'll watch a movie together tonight.

Nothing exciting.

I'd planned to run errands (check), do some laundry, grade some papers, write, and get some school planned.

But I got home from running errands and the phone rang. BIL (dh's brother) is coming through town and wants to stop by. So I went back to the store to get somethings for dinner (I hadn't planned on cooking tonight, and the rest of my meals this week are easy-no-fuss-not-good-for-company meals) and dessert, and now I'm wasting time here until he comes.

Edited by JudoMom

My dd had a soccer game this morning. Then I had to do some clothes shopping for the kids. This doesn't happen too often because we get a lot of hand-me-downs. However, they really needed some jeans and socks, and dd needed some dress shoes for winter. It took me forever to find jeans for my dd. Most of them are cut low in the waist and tight in the thighs, not to mention they're highly embellished. I finally lucked out at Sears and got some normal jeans that don't look like they're falling off her rear end. Anyway, that was our Saturday. I'm tired.

(Aside: Target was selling these socks (for girls) decorated with a skull with a pink bow on its head. :confused: )

Slept badly - woke husband up in the middle of the night to talk. This happens about once every five years. Spent the day working in the garden: tidying up, composting, pruning, weeding. Husband cooked supper on the barbeque tonight.

Tomorrow I want to go to the garden centre for a few things, then we'll cycle a couple of miles cross country to a pub for lunch, push the bikes back up the hill, then I'll prepare for school and brush the dog.

Not an exciting weekend but I'm enjoying it.

Laura

Well most Saturdays mornings are consumed by dd's four-hour gymnastics practice, grocery shopping and errands. Sundays are family days, usually with an outing of some sort. Dd has piano lessons in the evening.

There are a lot of things we could do on Saturdays if it weren't for gym. Here are a few ideas. The art museum in the "big city" we live closest to has family drop-in programs on a lot of Saturdays or Sundays. Do you live near a science museum, zoo, aquarium, etc.? We love visiting places like that. Is there anywhere nearby to hike? You could go out to a symphony orchestra performance, a ballet, a play, or a movie. You could go to a speciall fall place, like a pumpkin patch/corn maze/ hay ride. Could you go try to find a new park/playground that you haven't been to before? Is there a children's museum anywhere close to you? Do you have a fun gym/arcade/miniature golf place? What about a botannical/butterfly conservatory?

Today I had dd's soccer game, the Houston Symphony's Children's Concert and ds's cub scout meeting. Tonight dh and I are going to a new play and dinner. Tomorrow I have to either go or get dh to go to a First Communion meeting, take the kids to CCE and church.

Next weekend will be a lot lighter and I need the break.

Our usual Saturday.

Pick up & prepare our organic veggie box.

Daughter & I usually cook a couple of meals, a dessert, and make some salads for the week.

Soccer games (when it's that season)

Yard work (kids follow Dad around like puppies)

Laundry/house work.

Enjoy the sunshine.

Lesson plans with hubby after the kids go to bed (he's a teacher & needs to do them as well)

Sunday is church.

Come to think of it, I'm in a rut. I want a DATE!

Outdoor chores today - stacking wood, raking, moving rocks and dirt, spreading pine needle mulch, raking. I'm on a break, almost done though.

Tonight - declutter one corner of the garage (half hour), declutter my closet (half hour), make applesauce, prepare CCD craft for tomorrow morning, read to kids.

Tomorrow -- Mass, cooking, do some things outside if the good weather holds, get lessons ready for Monday. Watch a movie with the family in the evening, go to sleep early.

Today:

I drove ds15 to the school for the PSAT

I took dd2 for a long walk

I drove to p/u ds15 from the school from the PSAT

I drove dd10 half way to grandmas in a horrible rain storm (they live 2 hours away) so she can have a little birthday celebration with them for the night.

I stopped on the way home and did some shopping with dd2, realized I forgot my wallet in the car (remember the rain storm....it was still pouring :0/ ) and after going back to the car to get it....decided to not go back in to buy my impromptu items that I really didn't need. :leaving:

I went to Penzy's Spices and spent $$$.

I drove home.

I put dd2 down for a nap, and have sat here for 2 hours not wanting to wake her up :boxing_smiley: since she and I haven't been meshing too great this week.

Tomorrow I get to go pickup dd10 and clean house.

Pretty typical weekend here. Driving, driving, cleaning, driving :auto:

I did all our baking for the week - bread, homemade sugar cookies, and helped my dd make fudge. I also did all the laundry and cleaned house. My dh went to Atlanta to meet my bil to pick up my mil. She is staying for a week and they should be back any time now. I also reorganized our school area and am ready to go for Monday morning.

Normally, I clean house and take/pick-up kids. My dc usually have someone over or go to a friend's house on the weekend, but since grandma is coming . . .