Menu

What's for dinner?

Chicken (again)

otherwise... whatever I give up and throw on the stove.

If they're lucky, I might even add salt, but really, I'd rather just fling the stuff straight onto the burners and scrape it onto plates once the fire alarms say dinner's done.

:(

phlbttttt

and yes, I AM grumpier today than usual.

Chicken (again)

otherwise... whatever I give up and throw on the stove.

If they're lucky, I might even add salt, but really, I'd rather just fling the stuff straight onto the burners and scrape it onto plates once the fire alarms say dinner's done.

:(

phlbttttt

and yes, I AM grumpier today than usual.

Hmmm...perhaps I will pass on this one...though it sounds delectable (scraped off the burners and all). :lol:

I know this won't help you now, but I threw a pork shoulder in the crock pot this morning with 2 packages of Lipton Onion Soup mix and a little water. I'm going to shred it and serve on rolls with bbq sauce. Delicious.

That sounds like a great idea for dinner tomorrow night though! I love that lipton onion soup - it can be used to make so many yummy things!

grilled steaks, fresh potatoes, fresh corn on the cob and whatever lettuce I can manage from what's left in the garden.

I'm actually thinking of not grilling a steak for myself. I could sit down to a plate of fresh corn on the cob and be happy with just that.

I know this won't help you now, but I threw a pork shoulder in the crock pot this morning with 2 packages of Lipton Onion Soup mix and a little water. I'm going to shred it and serve on rolls with bbq sauce. Delicious.

Whoa, did the same except with a beef roast. Pulled BBQ beef in hamburger buns with fresh corn on the cob.

I'm still getting over being so sick, so I'm just making sausages, potatoes and peppers. The sausage are Asiago and roasted red pepper chicken sausage from Costco, sauteed in a pan with the potatoes and veggies. I may sprinkle on some cheese. I don't know yet. Most importantly, I'll try not to cough all over it.

3 medium-sized, single-topping "Pizza Mia" from Pizza Hut -- total cost of $16.24 (counting tax).

I cook three meals a day nearly every single day. Good recipes, too.

Tonight is my "night off", so dh shall pick up the goods on his way home.

Every cook deserves to slack off occasionally ! :)

I make this alot but I pour the barbque sauce in the crockpot with the pork to cook. Right now dh and dbil are hooked on this with Sweet Baby Rays Cipotle barbque sauce and with pickled banana pepper rings. Sometimes we have it on buns, sometimes tortillas.:)

Dunno. I have half a cabbage sitting on my kitchen table. It's been sitting there for over a week and I'm starting to feel bad, as though it's watching us prepare other food and getting it's feelings hurt. The bit in the middle is even popping out as though the poor veggie is trying to put it's hand up and say "pick me!" Every day I look at it and think I really have to cook cabbage, then don't. What we actually have tonight depends what time I get home, whether I go to the shop, whether I look at a cookbook and whether I indulge in any other excuses. Rest assured, though, cabbage and caraway seeds will be happening here some time soon!

:D

Rosie

Dunno. I have half a cabbage sitting on my kitchen table. It's been sitting there for over a week and I'm starting to feel bad, as though it's watching us prepare other food and getting it's feelings hurt. The bit in the middle is even popping out as though the poor veggie is trying to put it's hand up and say "pick me!" Every day I look at it and think I really have to cook cabbage, then don't. What we actually have tonight depends what time I get home, whether I go to the shop, whether I look at a cookbook and whether I indulge in any other excuses. Rest assured, though, cabbage and caraway seeds will be happening here some time soon!

:D

Rosie

Take that poor, sad cabbage, cut it in about 6 wedges. Put each wedge on a square of foil, salt and pepper, and put a dollop of butter on each and then wrap the foil into a packet. Now you can cook it on the grill while you barbque some chicken or whatever, or you can cook it in the oven while dinner is cooking. It is totally delicious, especially when done on the grill.;)

We had leftover pot roast that I pulled out of the freezer. It was okay.

I have a new recipe that I'm going to try tomorrow night where you layer diced cabbage with browned ground beef and stewed tomatoes in the crock pot. You are supposed to top it with 3 slices of bacon while it cooks for 6 hours, then remove the bacon since it's just for flavoring. I have serious doubts that my kids will eat the cabbage, but I gotta try something new.

Rebecca, have you ever used polenta? I buy the tube, slice it and lay it on a cookie sheet and drizzle with a little EVOO, s&p, and even a little parmesan. Broil those babies with some chicken sausage and serve with roasted veggies, or some marinara as your veg. A different spin on spaghetti and my kids LOVED the polenta.

Monday we are grilling bugers and I'm making them with hoisin, ginger, and scallions. Mmmmmmmm.

2 Tbsp. KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing

1/2 lb. Low fat ground turkey sausage

2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth

1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen stir-fry vegetables (white onions and sliced green, red and yellow peppers)

1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, drained, rinsed

1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained

1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked

1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese

HEAT dressing in large saucepan on medium heat. Add sausage; cook 8 to 10 min. or until done, stirring occasionally to break sausage into small pieces.

ADD broth, stir-fry vegetables, beans and tomatoes; bring to boil. Stir in macaroni; simmer on medium heat 8 to 10 min. or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally.

SERVE topped with cheese.