Menu

Am I the only one watching American Idol?

Funny, just this morning I was thinking, "How come no one has been talking American Idol yet?" If you are a dork, then I'm right there with you! :-) I'm pretty happy with the top 13. I'm just SOOOOOO thankful that they didn't put Tatiana through to the next round. I could not take watching that NUT JOB one more week.

Funny, just this morning I was thinking, "How come no one has been talking American Idol yet?" If you are a dork, then I'm right there with you! :-) I'm pretty happy with the top 13. I'm just SOOOOOO thankful that they didn't put Tatiana through to the next round. I could not take watching that NUT JOB one more week.

:lol: We are truly one mind, Mindy!

Guest janainaz

I'm an AI watcher - every year. I like a lot of the people this year, can't say who my favorite is yet. I'm glad Tatiana is gone.

I am probably the only person on earth who doesn't think the blind guy should have gotten through. He is average at best.

I like Megan!!!

I agree!! That third group had the strongest singers, IMHO and he was NOT one of them. But, I did like him better the second time he sang that song (after he made it through). I also didn't like Anoop much.

I was so glad Matt made it through, but what was with that outfit??!! He's from MI, so we're rooting for him. My favorite is the guy who lost his wife (I forget his name). I also like Megan. Oh - and I was glad that the two 16 year olds made it!!

I was wondering if they made Tatiana a wild card just so they could reject her again! :lol: Twisted I know, but could it be they actually liked her? No way!

My kids thought this too! I actually liked her voice, but she was so messed up.

I totally forgot about Lil!! She's amazing! I love the fact that she's a mom too.

I would watch if I ever caught it. Is there a place to catch it online? Could I maybe catch up and DVR the rest of the season?

You can try here - they seem to have full episodes on there.

I haven't been watching it with anywhere near the enthusiasm that I did a few other years - the weird way they're doing things is annoying (the small groups - rather than the bottom three go home.. I don't like this set up at all) and I haven't seen anyone that stands out like other years (heh, I loved Taylor Hicks :D and the whole Sanjaya thing was AWESOME) ..... I dunno, just kinda blah. Keep falling asleep partway through the shows, I s'pose that doesn't help LOL.

We watch it here. I haven't picked a favorite yet this year...nobody's standing out much to me yet. After they've sung songs from a few different genres it will be easier to see who has a versatile voice and good personality.

Since Ricky Braddy didn't make it through we have only one NC contestant to consider this year, and that's Anoop. But he goes to UNC and my husband works for WFU, so I don't know if I'm allowed to vote for him.:D

Just wanted to add to this thread by saying I can't choose a favorite this year. There are so many good singers this year, I think. The ones I wouldn't mind going are that oil rig guy, Megan, Jasmine, Anoop and the spanish guy. The rest of them I love!

Just wanted to add to this thread by saying I can't choose a favorite this year. There are so many good singers this year, I think. The ones I wouldn't mind going are that oil rig guy, Megan, Jasmine, Anoop and the spanish guy. The rest of them I love!

I agree with you except for Megan... I like her. I also think the blind guy should go and I love Matt Giraud!

We watch it, but I've not settled on one that I like the most yet.

Tonight, they're revealing another twist in the rules. I have to dvr it to make sure we don't miss the big reveal!

I think it's going to be that the judges decide who goes home. We will see.

I agree with you except for Megan... I like her. I also think the blind guy should go and I love Matt Giraud!

See... I still like the blind guy, but I think it's more because I just like him...not because I think he's the best. Does that make sense? He is a christian and was homeschooled so I think that adds to his likeability for me. :)

See... I still like the blind guy, but I think it's more because I just like him...not because I think he's the best. Does that make sense? He is a christian and was homeschooled so I think that adds to his likeability for me. :)

I love Scott, just not for this competition. Also I know I'm in the minority, but I do not (at all, really) like Adam. Not my cuppa. Too over the top, way, way, way.

Also I know I'm in the minority, but I do not (at all, really) like Adam. Not my cuppa. Too over the top, way, way, way.

I am right there with ya! We are probably the only two people in America that feel that way though. I love Danny, Lil, and Megan!

There are several we like this season. I like Megan. Her voice is just so unique! My problem now, though, is that I mostly know faces and not names.

I don't like Adam either. We were all wondering if there was something we were missing...they all seem to like him. I don't think he's that great, and I just don't like the hair/makeup/nail polish thing. It never sits well with me.:lol:

Maybe it's the rocker chick in me. But, how can you not like Adam! Even if he's not your cuppa tea, his range is absolutely AMAZING.

The funny thing is that I am SO NOT a rocker chick and I love Adam. But, I love Broadway, so maybe it is the theatrical voice that is coming through that I love. I could do without the "come hither" looks to the camera, but the guy can SING.

Guest janainaz

There's a lot of good people this year.

I love Megan, she's totally different and I loved her song last night.

I like Alexis, too, but did not like her song last night.

Adam is entertaining, I can't stop thinking he must be gay though. I just can't tell - I like the rocker thing - just not the gay rocker thing.

I do like the blind guy and hope he stays and I really like Danny - you can't not like him.

Lil - nothing special. To me, she's a dime-a-dozen and boring.