Menu

We got a new kitten!

MEmama

DS and I picked her up at the shelter this morning. She's the sweetest little thing, a total love. I'm excited for her to meet our other kitties but for now she's quarantining in our walk in closet, happy as can be. DS has the day off and is camped out in there with her.

The other two saw her being brought inside in a crate and were curious, but are totally chill about having another kitty in their territory. It's quite remarkable.

Anyway...the important part: Photos! Meet 11 month old Frisco! 😻

IMG_3393.jpeg

IMG_3396.jpeg

Edited by MEmama
  • Like 37
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, catz said:

Gah what an adorable baby!   😻  congratulations!

She hasn't been here 2 hours and she's right at home. Eating, drinking, playing, now preparing for a nap on top of DS. ❤️ Shes just instantly at home and the other cats are totally unfussed. One sniffed my hand after I pet Frisco and was like hmm, you smell extra nice, and then went to sleep. Lol

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Adorable!!!

Isn't she! Oh, those bright green eyes!

Her coloration and markings are like the exact mixture of our other cats, it's really funny. And she has the personality of both of them, even though they are quite different to one another. I love her so much already ❤️💕🥰😻

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kassia said:

I'm a sucker for white paws.  ❤️ 

Me too! One of our other kitties has white paws (and thick white tummy fur I'm allowed to kiss and pet!) and the other has dainty black paws (and glorious golden tummy fur I am under no circumstances allowed to touch, lol). I think Frisco's will be white; right now she's still shaved from the Best Surgery Ever (tm). 🙂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eos said:

Those ears!

With the little black tufts at the top! 

Thank goodness she's a people cat and clearly loves to be loved up because we are all smitten. She's eager to be out of closet quarantine and I doubt it will last past tonight, honestly. She's a kitten ready to explore! 

• Like 3

So little Frisco wasn't about to stay alone in her quarantine room (a small walk in closet in our bedroom) last night so we closed our main door and let her into our room. She kept busy all night, learning to jump on the windowsills, meowing when she couldn't jump off the dresser, playing on the kitty tower, chasing mouse toys and balls, running from end to end in the room at breakneck speed, learning to jump on the bed, taking long slurpy baths on top of me while I tried to sleep, falling off the bed when she got too squirmy, and occasionally sleeping on or between us. I am very, very tired lol.

This morning she met the other kitties; they were curious and concerned about her being locked out of sight and she was very excited to meet them. It's gone as well as it can, everyone is calm and curious and there's only been a little bit of not-scared and non threatening hissing. It's been a big morning but now all kitties are taking naps.

She's a champion eater and uses the litter box with no issues. So far mouse toys and a catnip rainbow are her favorite toys. I'm looking forward to all kitties getting to know each other and playing--she's so adorable I know they are going to adore her. ❤️

• Like 4
  • Haha 2