Menu

Cute picture of Baby T! Dd gave me permission to put it up for a short time.

Faith-manor

19 minutes ago, Grace Hopper said:

And thank mom for allowing a share with the aunties. Goodness, the Great Aunties by now!

I already thanked her profusely! I told her the hive aunties are excellent about not reposting pics. 

I am in the process of making two set of overalls, one short, one long. I am going back at the end of April to help her take the kids to a u-pick strawberry farm so we can dehydrate, freeze, and make strawberry leather for the kids, and a little strawberry lime jam. I have some fabric with strawberries on it for overalls, and will use the scraps to put a matching pocket on red t-shirts for his brothers so we hope to get a really nice photo of the three musketeers in the strawberry patch. The other overalls have sheep on them, and I have very cute sheep buttons for the straps.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

I already thanked her profusely! I told her the hive aunties are excellent about not reposting pics. 

I am in the process of making two set of overalls, one short, one long. I am going back at the end of April to help her take the kids to a u-pick strawberry farm so we can dehydrate, freeze, and make strawberry leather for the kids, and a little strawberry lime jam. I have some fabric with strawberries on it for overalls, and will use the scraps to put a matching pocket on red t-shirts for his brothers so we hope to get a really nice photo of the three musketeers in the strawberry patch. The other overalls have sheep on them, and I have very cute sheep buttons for the straps.

I think we might need some more pics (of your outfits) and maybe that jam recipe, too.

Sounds like you are having a great time. 

• Like 1

Well, when I figure out the jam, I will post it. Every recipe we have seen uses a lot of sweetener. We want the jam to be healthy for the kids, and strawberries are sweet anyway. So we are thinking that we will try it with pectin and a tiny bit of honey, and hope it turns out well. We will use fresh limes. I will let you all know how it turns out, and if we think it is tasty, I will post the recipe or announce the failure!

Baby outfit pictures of things I have made so far are over in the craft threads. I think there are two from January, and two from February. Two were T's and two were for our honorary grand baby, A.

Thanks everyone! I will edit out the photo after supper so that anyone who has been busy today might have a chance to peek at him.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

Well, when I figure out the jam, I will post it. Every recipe we have seen uses a lot of sweetener. We want the jam to be healthy for the kids, and strawberries are sweet anyway. So we are thinking that we will try it with pectin and a tiny bit of honey, and hope it turns out well. We will use fresh limes. I will let you all know how it turns out, and if we think it is tasty, I will post the recipe or announce the failure!

Baby outfit pictures of things I have made so far are over in the craft threads. I think there are two from January, and two from February. Two were T's and two were for our honorary grand baby, A.

Thanks everyone! I will edit out the photo after supper so that anyone who has been busy today might have a chance to peek at him.

Try Pomona’s Pectin. They have a very easy low sugar recipe.  The lime may not work well with going on your own just yet as it can interfere with the honey ( learned this one).  If you do, there is a way to do it very slowly in the crock pot that helps the natural pectin in the fruit jam just right.  

He is adorable.  

• Thanks 1