Menu

Update

Elizabeth86

Ok, at the hospital and since I’ve been home I’ve had a bit of spotting because of the foley bulb. I just went to the bathroom and had a bit of sticky looking blood in my underwear. Mucus Plug? Bloody show? IDK. Never had this with the others.

The internet is saying bloody show and that it means labor actually is near! I think!! lol Y’all would think this is my first. My other births were not at all this dramatic. lol

Edited by Elizabeth86
  • Like 18

16 minutes ago, Elizabeth86 said:

Ok, at the hospital and since I’ve been home I’ve had a bit of spotting because of the foley bulb. I just went to the bathroom and had a bit of sticky looking blood in my underwear. Mucus Plug? Bloody show? IDK. Never had this with the others.

The internet is saying bloody show and that it means labor actually is near! I think!! lol Y’all would think this is my first. My other births were not at all this dramatic. lol

Show is great, it means you're dilating a bit to release it, plus good hormones!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This reminds of when the kids were younger and the phone would ring with someone in early labor. They grew up hearing me ask questions like "what color is the mucous?"  "Is the fluid clear? do you think it's pee?" and similar.  

Edited by Eos
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Eos said:

This reminds of when the kids were younger and the phone would ring with someone in early labor. They grew up hearing me ask questions like "what color is the mucous?"  "Is the fluid clear? do you think it's pee?" and similar.  

I don't think I've told this story here before. 

When I was apprenticing, my current 8 year old was at church and his teacher and husband came in with their new baby to show the class.  They asked if anyone had any questions. My son raised his hand and said "did you have a vaginal birth?" 😂

I was so embarrassed when they told me the story.  They thought it was hilarious.  The midwife I was apprenticing with told me to get used to it 😂.  I honestly think he just thought that was a normal question to ask a new mom. I did a lot fo breastfeeding support so it was a question he heard me ask a lot. 

I never said anything to him because I didn't want to make him feel embarrassed or anything.  Last year when his wife was pregnant I told them the story.  He laughed so hard but didn't remember it at all 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 28

5 minutes ago, busymama7 said:

I don't think I've told this story here before. 

When I was apprenticing, my current 8 year old was at church and his teacher and husband came in with their new baby to show the class.  They asked if anyone had any questions. My son raised his hand and said "did you have a vaginal birth?" 😂

I was so embarrassed when they told me the story.  They thought it was hilarious.  The midwife I was apprenticing with told me to get used to it 😂.  I honestly think he just thought that was a normal question to ask a new mom. I did a lot fo breastfeeding support so it was a question he heard me ask a lot. 

I never said anything to him because I didn't want to make him feel embarrassed or anything.  Last year when his wife was pregnant I told them the story.  He laughed so hard but didn't remember it at all 🤣

I love it!!!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Katy said:

I’m sorry, I’d normally post this in the jokes thread, but it seems relevant. 

D9D27DA3-4B16-4CA3-ADD2-92348657462A.jpeg

😂Thanks for the laugh. SO very true!!  I am really interested to see how big he is though because I am pretty far along and considering my other kids Inwould think he would have to be big, but he doesn’t really feel all that big.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Elizabeth86 said:

😂Thanks for the laugh. SO very true!!  I am really interested to see how big he is though because I am pretty far along and considering my other kids Inwould think he would have to be big, but he doesn’t really feel all that big.

Mine didn't either.  in fact,  I was late, up to 2 weeks, but I carried him so far inward that people thought I had more weeks to go.   🙇🏻‍♀️ 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

Mine didn't either.  in fact,  I was late, up to 2 weeks, but I carried him so far inward that people thought I had more weeks to go.   🙇🏻‍♀️ 

I carried like that too with all of my pregnancies.  I only looked about 5 months pregnant when I was full term with my single pregnancies and wasn't enormous or anything with my twin pregnancy.  

• Like 5

Come on baby!

Ds #3 was nearly born before I was fully checked in at the hospital. The first two babies had been quick-ish-6 hours or so of labor-so I figured I had a little time. I apparently have a pretty high pain tolerance and wasn't too concerned because I could still "talk through the contractions", not pleasantly, but I could make myself talk through them. When I finally called dh to come home I figured we still had time. He closed all the storm windows, I sprayed bleach in the shower, we stopped at the bank to make a deposit on the way, he almost stopped to get lunch. I had an epidural with the first two babies, but when they checked me once I arrived at the hospital with #3 I was at a 9-epidural was not happening. But, not having an epidural was the best experience and I didn't have one with the next two babies either. Dh has been very nervous about getting to the hospital on time with babies #4 and #5 (I kept my labor a secret for an hour with baby #5 because I didn't want him riding me off early to the hospital-lol!) Looking forward to reading your post of baby's arrival!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I hate to say it out loud as I don’t want to get too excited. I just woke up with mild contractions kind far apart. I think today may be the day. 

With my first son, my water broke.

With 2 and 3 I had no signs of labor at all. I just woke up early in the morning with mild and far apart but consistent contractions just like I did this morning and then they were born 24 hours or less after that. So today feels like those times!

I never went into labor with #4.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

I hope today is the day!

With my second child, we were living on an outlying island of Hong Kong, and the hospital was on the main island. My waters broke in the early morning, and by the time we had sorted care for my eldest, it was rush hour on the commuter ferry. I just remember irrelevant chit-chat with acquaintances on board and hoping my pads would stop the flow from staining the upholstery.  He was born that afternoon. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Elizabeth86 said:

I hate to say it out loud as I don’t want to get too excited. I just woke up with mild contractions kind far apart. I think today may be the day. 

With my first son, my water broke.

With 2 and 3 I had no signs of labor at all. I just woke up early in the morning with mild and far apart but consistent contractions just like I did this morning and then they were born 24 hours or less after that. So today feels like those times!

I never went into labor with #4.

👏🏻👏🏻🎉🎉🐤🐤🍼🚼🫃

Well I guessed 6:00 a.m.today….I lost that part already but I hope it is today sometime.

Edited by Scarlett
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

👏🏻👏🏻🎉🎉🐤🐤🍼🚼🫃

Well I guessed 6:00 a.m.today….I lost that part a”ready but I hope it is today sometime.

Same, but really we still have a chance - we never said what time zone - still possible over the Pacific...

• Haha 6

Ah yes, today is the Super Bowl. I wish dh was the world’s biggest football fan because that might be a funny thing, but not so! I’m more likely to watch the super bowl than he is. So dh missing the Super Bowl for the birth of his kid would not bother I’m a bit. lol

Edited by Elizabeth86
  • Like 4