Menu

I'm supposed to be on TV tonight :)

Dmmetler

Three of my students and I were interviewed at my studio today as part of their "Memphis Music" focus. (Gotta love homeschoolers-one family literally stepped in with about 6 hours notice when one of my adult students got called into work (and since she works at St. Jude, anything she gets called into work for when she's supposed to be off schedule is more important than an interview about piano lessons). 

I think it went well. If anyone is local, it's supposed to be on ABC 24 at 5:00. It's also supposed to be online, which is good since I'm teaching (at 5:00, and 5:30, and 6:00, and 6:30)... 

• Like 42

13 minutes ago, Dmmetler said:

Thank you! I love your skirt with the piano keyboard motifs and you have an awesome accent 🙂 

1 hour ago, KSera said:

That was a good piece! So nice to see you and all your great students 🥰. So glad they all have you. 

They're a really good group-I have 11 homeschoolers this year, out of about 30 total. She specifically wanted to talk about starting later vs as a young child for this, so I asked the teens and adults. 

Edited by Dmmetler
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, heartlikealion said:

2 hours ago, Dmmetler said:

Thanks for posting the link! 

That was so cool!!! You came across so beautifully -- very kind, intelligent, and articulate. I'm so impressed!

2 hours ago, Dmmetler said:

Thank you. Earlier I was only able to catch a snippet earlier (I think it was live and then I couldn't get any more!). 

7 hours ago, Mom_to3 said:

Oh, wow, congratulations! How exciting for you (and your students)! It will be interesting to see if you get lots of new potential clients from this news clip. 

I don't know how many people watch the news live anymore, but the TV station shared it on their social media, and I imagine parks and rec will as well (my director will be over the moon that the print article has the center name in the title, because that will make it easier when he has to fight for our budget for next year). I emailed the guy who handles the website to see if he can get the class schedule up for Spring and registration links in place-usually they go up about Thankgiving.

This was one reason I wanted to go ahead and just autoregister my continuing kids, because I needed to know how many spots I had available. 

• Like 3