Menu

I made a thing!

ktgrok

Just now, Tree Frog said:

That's beautiful!

Thank you! It made my heart very happy 🙂

Need to finish schooling so I can go put the first coat of polyacrylic on it!

Next I'm painting the cat litter box enclosure 🙂 I also ordered another color of chalk paint for a different furniture piece. And likely going to paint the kitchen stool at some point too, lol. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Seeing my 22 yr old do a double take and act impressed was totally worth the mess of having all the kids doing painting today with me. (figured if I was getting out paint anyway we all might as well play with it)

painted side table.jpeg

10 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Thank you! It made my heart very happy 🙂

It's beautiful!  So glad it made you happy and a big bonus that your 22 yo was impressed!  🙂  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

This was the world's UGLIEST little cheap table that we've had forever and I don't know where it even came from. Last night I painted it grey with chalk paint, then this morning painted the flowers with some kid paintbrushes from Ikea and some ancient craft paint I had stashed away. Going to clear coat it later when it is all the way dry. I forgot how much I love painting!!! (watched a youtube video this morning on how to do flowers)

Seeing my 22 yr old do a double take and act impressed was totally worth the mess of having all the kids doing painting today with me. (figured if I was getting out paint anyway we all might as well play with it)

painted side table.jpeg

I love it! Are you taking orders? 😁

• Like 1

If anyone wants to try something similar, this video was the main one I looked at (while cooking and eating breakfast, lol). Then I just played around on the back of a paper plate I had sitting out before actually painting the flowers on the table. 

It is long, so I sort skipped around to the parts that looked helpful..https://youtu.be/u2WiRZ4XOkY

56 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

That looks beautiful!

We have ugly bedside tables that we've had forever and I've always been meaning to make them look nice. This could be my inspiration. I should do it before it gets hot so I can work in the garage.

The chalk paint is no odor, so that I did in the kitchen. Same with the acrylic craft paint. I did take the table out on the patio to do the first coat of the water based polyacrylic, but it didn't seem to have any odor either, so may bring it inside and just open the windows for the next coat since it has cooled off. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ktgrok said:

This was the world's UGLIEST little cheap table that we've had forever and I don't know where it even came from. Last night I painted it grey with chalk paint, then this morning painted the flowers with some kid paintbrushes from Ikea and some ancient craft paint I had stashed away. Going to clear coat it later when it is all the way dry. I forgot how much I love painting!!! (watched a youtube video this morning on how to do flowers)

painted side table.jpeg

Nice!

• Like 1