Menu

Super Bowl-anyone watch?

Navymom

I’m not a big fan of football, but I love SB commercials, snacks, and 90’s R&B, hip hop, and rap.

I had been hoping for surprises, but 50 wasn’t my guess.  I felt like it didn’t have the over the top production of other shows, which  didn’t make me like it less, but I felt like it was missing something. I wish it had been longer.
The smiles on Dre and Snoop’s faces made me giddy. And California Love was :::chef’s kiss:::. 

I had boneless wings, mac and cheese, pigs in a blanket, and soft pretzels.

Meadow and AJ’s commercial was my favorite.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the game.

I was rooting for the Rams, but mostly because as a Pennsylvania girl I have a pretty strict rule about never rooting for a team from Ohio.

I will say, though, that the Bengals throwing a TD on the first play of the second half was brilliant.

• Like 1

I didn't have the energy to watch the whole thing but tuned in for some.

The game seemed to be a really good match up!

Halftime was really great! ( I was half expecting that Martha Stewart would make some sort of split second appearance with SD!)

The Uber Eats ad was funny though I saw it before yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Dh and I were traveling back home and listened to it on the radio.  It was an exciting game even on the radio!  Dh said he sort of wanted the Rams to win, but he wasn't super invested either way.  We literally have not watched one football game all season.

I will have to google the commercials.

We enjoyed the game- have been Matt Stafford fans since his UGA years and through his years as a Lion. So happy for him. Didn’t watch the halftime show (we’re in our 60’s), and only saw a few commercials.  It’s only the second NFL game we’ve seen this season, having watched just the last playoff game the Rams won.  

3 hours ago, Junie said:

I was rooting for the Rams, but mostly because as a Pennsylvania girl I have a pretty strict rule about never rooting for a team from Ohio.

I will say, though, that the Bengals throwing a TD on the first play of the second half was brilliant.

Yeah, I was the only one in the room rooting for the Rams and **even I** had to concede, brilliant.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Junie said:

Oh dear. Well I hate to break it to you, but my hometown Rams were originally from Cleveland.

Bill

My high school senior had been laboring all week on a major philosophy paper that compared/contrasted the role of language and thought between traditional philosophers who followed the lead of Augustine with the radical departure of Ludwig Wittgenstein.

It was a humdinger. The good news is that he finished just before our home team was going to face off with the Bengals.

The only rub was is that's when he asked me if I'd be willing to look it over?

What could I do? I did manage to take in a fair amount of the second half.

Who assigns a philosophy paper that's due before midnight on Super Sunday???

Priorities, man :tongue:

Bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Oh my the halftime show. Could they not get the younger entertainers/musicians to do halftime? 

The Rock's intro I thought was really entertaining. Since we are in a pandemic there isn't anyone to explain all that was going on in the game so the game itself wasn't the most riveting for our family. It seemed like a fun game because the score stayed pretty close. 

4 hours ago, Clarita said:

Oh my the halftime show. Could they not get the younger entertainers/musicians to do halftime?

🥺

Is that what people were saying when JLo performed? Or the Rolliing Stones? Or Madonna?  Or Prince?
I think they tend to cover a good range across the years. 40s/Early 50s aren’t all that old in Super Bowl Halftime shows.  Heck, Justin Timberlake was getting near 40 when it was him! Adam Levine was about to turn 40 when Maroon 5 played.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2022 at 10:38 AM, Scarlett said:

My doctor posted a FB meme that said, 'If you enjoyed the halftime show it is time to schedule your colonoscopy.'    LOL

IKR! One of the hot takes I saw was about how the halftime show catered to Gen Z and Millennials. Say what now? That show was a love letter to Gen X, TYVM. And, yes, we all need mammograms and colonoscopies. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/super-bowl-halftime-show-rude-200057436.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANqjuApEE8_gF_f31C4_MLNzgPegrHyloghmQ8eP427PRfpeuiVW2hC93PKKn8zBiI_mNI_ZSYCOnvwBKuJgL7BIvxQTfLlUR9fDFXTg_Qrw6pnkBX0AYyI7aEuqO8G-NxYu6PPO1L4IrrUMSRXA-nzIh1h4nJ4lCMTWqA9wRMB0

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Haha 2

On 2/14/2022 at 11:01 PM, Clarita said:

The Rock's intro I thought was really entertaining. Since we are in a pandemic there isn't anyone to explain all that was going on in the game so the game itself wasn't the most riveting for our family. It seemed like a fun game because the score stayed pretty close. 

See, my opinion is the opposite. I thought the Rock's intro was too forced and the opposite of entertaining and I thought the halftime show was awesome! LOL!

• Like 2