Menu

Because this group knows everything

Elizabeth86

😂 If anyone can figure this out, y’all can. 

I have been thinking of a candy and I can’t figure it out. My school sold it in the morning before school along with other snacks and school supplies. This would have been 1991. It came in a cardboard box. It was chewy and fruity. It seems there was variety such as a box of original and then maybe a tropical box. They were different colors and round and smooth  the best I can remember. It seems they had little characters on the box similar to what nerds characters look like, but not nerds. In my mind it was a called something short and simple and the word that comes to mind is Brachs or Brocks which is a candy brand, but I’m thinking that isn’t right, but similar sounding.

🤣 Anyone know what candy this could be? 

Edited by Elizabeth86

Describe the shape and size of the candies more. Were they round like balls? Or like skittles or gumdrops or something else? And how big? Was the outside of each one shiny and glazed like it had a candy shell or muted? I ate a lot of candy in the 90s 😂.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KSera said:

Describe the shape and size of the candies more. Were they round like balls? Or like skittles or gumdrops or something else? And how big? Was the outside of each one shiny and glazed like it had a candy shell or muted? I ate a lot of candy in the 90s 😂.

😂 I feel like they were round or oblong, maybe they were kind of bumpy not completely round like peanut m & m’s. I’m not sure which. I feel they were about the size of peanut m&m’s. I feel like it was a hardy shiny shell. Ugh it’s such a vague memory.

4 minutes ago, Elizabeth86 said:

😂 I feel like they were round or oblong, maybe they were kind of bumpy not completely round like peanut m & m’s. I’m not sure which. I feel they were about the size of peanut m&m’s. I feel like it was a hardy shiny shell. Ugh it’s such a vague memory.

Chewy Runts?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elizabeth86 said:

Rainbow chews had shiny shells.  And there were those chewy nerds ( I think they make those again).  They were roundish, shiny shells that were a bit bumpy.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Emba said:

We were typing at the same time! I haven’t thought of those on years.

It was funny, actually, because I was sitting there wracking my brain for the name. Like, was it Dorks, or Geeks?  No, what other names were there like Nerds but not?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Stacia said:

Did they look like spiky atomic balls, kind of pinkish or orangish, a hard outer coating but something (I guess chocolate) inside?

There were several different colored ones in a box. They weren’t chocolate. That had a sting fruity tart, but not sour flavor. I don’t think they were spiky.

• Like 1

I am wondering if this is kind of like the time Uncle Norby took my husband, just a little guy, to the convenience store to buy some candy. They searched all over and involved all the clerks in trying to find "the kind that comes in the little red box."

Dh's mom had told him raisins were candy. He wanted a little red box of raisins. 😄

(And we pulled the same trick on our daughter when she was a wee little girl. We told her the ice cream truck was a music truck. Eventually her observational skills betrayed us--she saw the neighborhood kids approach the truck and walk away with ice cream. Foiled!)

• Haha 8