Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

1 hour ago, denarii said:

33-77366.png.webp

I was just reading that the most highly addictive foods (milk chocolate, ice cream, half a dozen other junk foods) almost all have the same ratios of sugar, salt, and fat that is contained in breast milk. So basically the reason they're addictive is they use the same chemical pathways to make you feel as soothed as a baby is from nursing. As is evidenced by health trends worldwide, long term eating highly processed foods will kill you. But I bet short term it does make mental performance better.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Katy said:

I was just reading that the most highly addictive foods (milk chocolate, ice cream, half a dozen other junk foods) almost all have the same ratios of sugar, salt, and fat that is contained in breast milk. So basically the reason they're addictive is they use the same chemical pathways to make you feel as soothed as a baby is from nursing. As is evidenced by health trends worldwide, long term eating highly processed foods will kill you. But I bet short term it does make mental performance better.

So what you are telling me is that I could replace my coffee with ice cream! Message received. 😁

• Haha 7

31 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

FB_IMG_1695475871161.jpg

It's storing a squillion different passwords. I have three email addresses (and I know DS's as well), online banking x2 (plus the PIN for my debit card), a meal planning app, a volunteer training site account, at least one medical, the library, social media, an online course site, a charitable giving site, my church... Same brain cells, different alphanumeric codes.

Edited by 73349
  • Like 8
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, 73349 said:

It's storing a squillion different passwords. I have three email addresses (and I know DS's as well), online banking x2 (plus the PIN for my debit card), a meal planning app, a volunteer training site account, at least one medical, the library, social media, an online course site, a charitable giving site, my church... Same brain cells, different alphanumeric codes.

My brain cells know what my parents house phone number was when I was 18 (last time they had it) but seriously struggles to remember of that other stuff.

The struggle is brutal real. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TechWife said:

It’s remembering all of those phone numbers, even though they are for land lines that have long been disconnected.

lol, yes!  I just told DH his old home phone number that we haven't used in 32 years!  I remember mine too - also from about 32 years ago.  But I dialed DH's number a lot!  ❤️ 

Edited by Kassia
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kassia said:

lol, yes!  I just told DH his old home phone number that we haven't used in 32 years!  I remember mine too - also from about 32 years ago.  But I dialed DH's number a lot!  ❤️ 

I use my first phone number as the password to my phone and tablets (mine and the kids that I have a password on). I’ll never forget the number and no one else remembers it. 

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

My brain cells know what my parents house phone number was when I was 18 (last time they had it) but seriously struggles to remember of that other stuff.

The struggle is brutal real. 

7 hours ago, TechWife said:

It’s remembering all of those phone numbers, even though they are for land lines that have long been disconnected.

Yep. I can remember 3 of my childhood phone numbers plus the number of my high school best friend's parents house yet I'm constantly having to look up my passwords.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

No no no. What it means is put your bowl of ice cream in a big coffee mug and pour your coffee over it. 

Affogato! Drool.

https://www.insidetherustickitchen.com/italian-affogato-recipe/

This is more like the way I make it — ice cream and espresso (non alcoholic): https://abeautifulmess.com/how-to-make-an-affogato/

Sooooo good.

Edited by Spryte
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, TechWife said:

Or you can pour hot chocolate over it! 

17 winters ago, I was having one of my weekly coffee playdates and this new homeschooling SAHdad showed up. I’m in the kitchen and say, “I can get you some coffee or maybe you’d rather have hot cocoa?” And he said, “Can I have both?” And my mind was blown bc it just hadn’t occurred to me to be so decadent and I knew we were going to become besties as I made two coffees with hot cocoa added.

True story. He’s godfather to half my kids and we still have coffee every week. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Spryte said:

Affogato! Drool.

https://www.insidetherustickitchen.com/italian-affogato-recipe/

This is more like the way I make it — ice cream and espresso (non alcoholic): https://abeautifulmess.com/how-to-make-an-affogato/

Sooooo good.

I keep good instant coffee on hand just so I can offer to make a quick bit of coffee for affrogatos in the summer. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TechWife said:

I still remember my first childhood phone number, and most of the second one.
I struggled to remember our phone number when we lived in another town for a year.  That entire year, i struggled to remember it.  As soon as we moved, it was gone.  I doubt I could tell you any of the numbers in it.

1 hour ago, kbutton said:

image.thumb.png.7d609e1433d71dff008975814ab19da9.png

Took me a minute to remember that song - i had loved singing along to it.

• Like 1