Jokes & memes

Katy

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Katy said:

My kids like my Brussels sprouts. But I appreciate where you’re going with this. 

My sil fed her kids liver.  They were in some class, and the teacher asked who liked liver?  They raised their hands.  Then they noticed they were the *only* ones with their hands raised, and quickly put them back down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

My sil fed her kids liver.  They were in some class, and the teacher asked who liked liver?  They raised their hands.  Then they noticed they were the *only* ones with their hands raised, and quickly put them back down.

I like it too, but only when I’m anemic. My kids seem to only like it hidden in chipotle sauce in fajitas. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ikslo said:

Having grown up near there it took me a minute to see how this was funny! 🤪 

When my youngest first heard of it I told him it was next to a town called Mashpee.  His little 7yo self was so disappointed when he saw pictures of this "Sandwich with a side of mashed peas" and that it wasn't Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, wintermom said:

This is definitely my kind of book club! 😉 

May be a Twitter screenshot of 1 person and text that says 'Jonathan Edward Durham @thisoneOverhere want a book club where everyone reads whatever book they want at their own pace and also we never meet but there's still snacks and wine and stuff'

Our library system actually has something like this - a Wednesday night happy hour on Facebook where people post about what books they are reading and we all comment on each other's books.  It's perfect.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kassia said:

Our library system actually has something like this - a Wednesday night happy hour on Facebook where people post about what books they are reading and we all comment on each other's books.  It's perfect.

Do the snacks and wine get delivered (as it's on Facebook)? 😉 

• Haha 1

Just now, Ausmumof3 said:

Yes! What is up with that? Have the designers ever worn one?

I've been using this line of thinking this week to explain to the bank and insurance people what, exactly the hold experience is like and the number of button presses it takes to get to a live person. Not antagonistically, just in the spirit of "you probably never have to do this from the customer side"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miss Tick said:

I've been using this line of thinking this week to explain to the bank and insurance people what, exactly the hold experience is like and the number of button presses it takes to get to a live person. Not antagonistically, just in the spirit of "you probably never have to do this from the customer side"

Of course they do. Someone in management decides a complicated phone menu system means they can cut staffing by 25-50% because a large percentage will just give up. They’d rather keep the profit than happy customers. ETA: the customer service people agree with you, have absolutely no power, and don’t make a living wage but put up with it because they do have nice benefits. 

Edited by Katy

2 hours ago, Katy said:

Of course they do. Someone in management decides a complicated phone menu system means they can cut staffing by 25-50% because a large percentage will just give up. They’d rather keep the profit than happy customers. ETA: the customer service people agree with you, have absolutely no power, and don’t make a living wage but put up with it because they do have nice benefits. 

I don't think the customer service people *do* ever have to call and pretend that they don't want to know their account balance or where to find a list of approved providers. I totally agree with you that the unending button presses are intentional. I also agree about customer service being essentially powerless. Is there a word for the situation that consumers have been put in with all this rage and no where to focus it? Perhaps when I have more garage space I'll invest in a big punching bag.

ETA: forgot this was the jokes thread, i don't like when it gets dark and introspective. Sorry!

Edited by Miss Tick

2 hours ago, Miss Tick said:

I don't think the customer service people *do* ever have to call and pretend that they don't want to know their account balance or where to find a list of approved providers. I totally agree with you that the unending button presses are intentional. I also agree about customer service being essentially powerless. Is there a word for the situation that consumers have been put in with all this rage and no where to focus it? Perhaps when I have more garage space I'll invest in a big punching bag.

ETA: forgot this was the jokes thread, i don't like when it gets dark and introspective. Sorry!

They rarely have to call the company they work for, but they definitely have to call other companies with similarly awful phone trees.

16 hours ago, Kassia said:

Library I work for has BYOB (bring your own book) club. I haven't been, but it is very well attended.

• Like 2