Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

3 minutes ago, Katy said:

One of us would forget the word.  Me.  I would forget the word.

So, in an embarrassing truth about the state of our house, none of our smoke detectors have batteries in them, because they go off EVERY TIME anyone cooks.  I'm uncomfortable not having smoke detectors but my husband, who does most of the cooking, is like, "Unless we can find smoke detectors that we can say "Don't go off for the next hour" it's just not going to happen.  

I, too, might forget the code word.  It's a conundrum.  

• Haha 3

On 3/17/2022 at 10:10 AM, kbutton said:

May be an image of 1 person, game fowl and text that says 'Babe, babe, babe. babe....my chickens need a chicknic table'

So, my nephew & family live in a semi-rural area. They live in a neighborhood but it is in a rural area that is getting creep development from the nearby large city. Some chickens wandered into their yard last year & took up under their porch. So they decided they liked the eggs, built a coop and they have chickens. I really want to get this for my nephew’s wife. She would get a kick out of it! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Terabith said:

B3493739-830A-46AC-A6A3-38D04044969F.jpeg

No, that can't be it, 'cause Christ's body is unleavened. (Though many protestant churches who do communion - including mine - don't bother with that detail. But I think all the ones that believe in transubstantiation are sticklers? 🙃)

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

I feel like this is incomplete without some random size screws and a handful of nails that are so short there is nothing that the only thing they could connect is a piece of paper and a sheet of balsa wood.

Lol, maybe that's why it's a starter kit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Terabith said:

So, in an embarrassing truth about the state of our house, none of our smoke detectors have batteries in them, because they go off EVERY TIME anyone cooks.  I'm uncomfortable not having smoke detectors but my husband, who does most of the cooking, is like, "Unless we can find smoke detectors that we can say "Don't go off for the next hour" it's just not going to happen.  

I, too, might forget the code word.  It's a conundrum.  

Please get some smoke detectors working if you can 😞 

Maybe you need a bigger range hood?

10 minutes ago, popmom said:

Um. Yeah—nah. Never gonna happen. Nope—never. Admittedly, I’m jaded from working in a profession that is predominantly made up of women. Totally triggered by this meme. 😂😂😭

I have lots of women in my life who support me in this way.  Including friends from this board.  And also my eldest sister. They aren't random co-workers or acquaintances but I don't expect that from people who are not my friends.. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have lots of women in my life who support me in this way.  Including friends from this board.  And also my eldest sister. They aren't random co-workers or acquaintances but I don't expect that from people who are not my friends.. 

I’m happy for you! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, popmom said:

Um. Yeah—nah. Never gonna happen. Nope—never. Admittedly, I’m jaded from working in a profession that is predominantly made up of women. Totally triggered by this meme. 😂😂😭

Given my grandmother and my mother, I would have agreed with you.

But - I've had the blessing since to have met some truly wonderful women.

• Like 1