Menu

Ruth Bader Ginsburg died

mommyoffive

I was devastated last night when I heard she had died. We really need her right now. 

Then I spent time asking myself what I was doing, what parts of the world's problems I was willing to address.  I realized that I have already committed to three issues dear to my heart.

1) Food resilence -  I teach an after school program teaching children to prepare tasty healthy food. No meat, wheat, dairy, nuts and we still make a wide variety of delicious dishes. 

2) Right to Vote - I work as an election worker ensuring the security and access to voting, and I go to farmer's markets and festivals to man a voter registration booth sponsored by the county. 

3) Tax Illiteracy - So many people do not understand how the system works, many do not understand basic accounting or number skills. I work as a seasonal Tax Analyst and I make sure the clients that leave my desk understand the returns they are filing. 

I plan to double down on those things and I hope RBG's life will inspire more people to tackle the issues they are passionate about. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Denise Still in Florida said:

I was devastated last night when I heard she had died. We really need her right now. 

Then I spent time asking myself what I was doing, what parts of the world's problems I was willing to address.  I realized that I have already committed to three issues dear to my heart.

1) Food resilence -  I teach an after school program teaching children to prepare tasty healthy food. No meat, wheat, dairy, nuts and we still make a wide variety of delicious dishes. 

2) Right to Vote - I work as an election worker ensuring the security and access to voting, and I go to farmer's markets and festivals to man a voter registration booth sponsored by the county. 

3) Tax Illiteracy - So many people do not understand how the system works, many do not understand basic accounting or number skills. I work as a seasonal Tax Analyst and I make sure the clients that leave my desk understand the returns they are filing. 

I plan to double down on those things and I hope RBG's life will inspire more people to tackle the issues they are passionate about. 

Same. I took a few hours to feel sorry for myself and my kids and then got to work. I’m texting to GOTV. If need be, I will attend outdoor events. I am still pondering poll work. I can’t risk my health b/c DH will be deployed/geobaching (geographical bachelor)for the next two years. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, J-rap said:

I just heard, and was shocked.  I had no idea she was so close to the end. 

I confess I was getting worried, especially every time I heard she went in for some kind of treatment. 

35 minutes ago, Denise Still in Florida said:

26 minutes ago, Sneezyone said:

Same. I took a few hours to feel sorry for myself and my kids and then got to work. I’m texting to GOTV. If need be, I will attend outdoor events. I am still pondering poll work. I can’t risk my health b/c DH will be deployed/geobaching (geographical bachelor)for the next two years. 

Yes to both. I'm still reeling and feeling devastated but I know what RGB would do. She'd get to work! I've already been doing GOTV texting and have signed up for more. It's been hard for me to get out and about lately due to a few issues so I'm doing all I can from home. In addition to texting and calling, I prepare flyers and stickers for those who are actually going door to door.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, MEmama said:

Feeling devastated.

And terrified.

Likewise.  She was such an incredible woman. To deal with pancreatic cancer would be horrible alone, but to deal with it in addition to all of the other horrors going on right now must have taken every last ounce of strength she had. May she rest in peace. 😞

• Like 4