Menu

What do you steal ...err share? From your kids trick or treats?

theelfqueen

Too much!  I'm glad you limited the answer!

1) Any candy bar that has any ingredient other than chocolate / peanut butter.  My kids don't like nuts, nougat, caramel, or crackles.  Yay me & my hips ....

2) Milder tasting chewy stuff, especially caramels!

Truth is, I will eat almost anything if it's sitting around looking at me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Noreen Claire said:

If it has coconut or tree nuts, I claim it. (They either don't like it or are allergic to it, so it's not an issue!)

Do you think I could convince my children they're allergic to caramel?

When they had braces I traded 3 musketeers for stuff they couldn't eat (nuts. Sticky stuff etc.) Theyre 17 and 13... probably not convincable, eh? 

Edited by theelfqueen
  • Haha 1

For chocolate:

My #1 would be a Heath bar. Alas, they don't often get those, so my second choice would be a Butterfinger.  If that doesn't show up, an Almond Joy.  I will take a Mounds if nothing else is available.  No other chocolate would interest me.

Non chocolate:

Sweet tarts or Spree or Smarties

• Like 1

DS13 offers me all his Kit Kats. He doesn’t want them. All their Halloween stash are chocolates since they participate only in Halloween at their German school, and the donations for Halloween candy from parents has been only chocolates for the past few years. Their Halloween stash is also easily finished on the car ride home so there isn’t much to share in the first place. 

When my kids were under 8 years old and their Halloween stash from trick or treat at the malls were plentiful, they share their lollipops collection with me. My kids like lollipops so I consider that sharing. I was given all the stuff they don’t like and I dumped those I don’t like on my husband who is totally non picky.

• Like 1

Reese's. All the Reese's. They have to eat those right away if they don't want me to get them. Except this year because I'm pregnant and morning sickness has made me strongly dislike anything even remotely sweet.

DD said, "Mom, this is the best Halloween ever, do you know why? Because you still don't feel good so this year you won't snitch our Reese's!"

The girl speaks truth, what can I say? ?

Edited by Momto5inIN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1