Menu

July 1-7 Photo Prompts

fairfarmhand

I'll probably do a combination of taking photos and raiding my pictures folder. Today I'm raiding the folder because if I don't I probably won't get around to taking a photo. I'm not a nature photographer but I love to take nature photos. Sometimes I take them in my backyard, sometimes when I go on nature hikes.

This cardinal outside my window got caught in the rain.

IMG_0792.JPG

• Like 14

Mmmm... I see a red progressive dinner going on here:
- first to Garga's for salad, then Rachel's for dessert, and Beckyjo's for drinks
- and while we eat, we'll all enjoy the nature shows at the homes of Selkie, Lady Florida, Heatherwith4, Murphy 101, Maraget in CO, and Teachaheart
- then Beaniemom's DS can give us a fashion show
- and we can finish up with gaming at Loowit's

Here we come, RED-dy or not... LOL! (:D

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

I have a collection of white pots/jars with handles and lids.  I can’t decide whether I like the picture where they’re shadowed better, or the picture where they’re well-lit better.  The shadowed one is more dramatic, but the well-lit one is more “white” for the prompt.  

So here are both, taken this morning from opposite sides of the mantel.

32BC99E6-E33B-4859-AA2A-6303AED01F91.jpeg

36823CA7-5E6C-41CC-A393-8ED2D31BEDD4.jpeg

• Like 12

White

I call this my "bride" bougainvillea because the white flowers look like sweet and delicate bridal bouquets. I love when the bride is just a mass of white in the spring, but it was a treat to go out this morning and find I still had a few bouquets left, even in the blistering dry heat of high summer...

white.jpg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Lori D. said:

I think mlktwins and family need to come hang out at your house until their AC is fixed... (:P

Boy, that would be awesome!  I'm not sure how long it would take me to get to her location though -- LOL.  How does one get to the Alternate Universe?!?!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Lori D. said:

I think mlktwins and family need to come hang out at your house until their AC is fixed... (:P

It’s not my house. My neighbor let’s me use her pool just about any time for as long as I want.  She is an awesome friend even without the pool, but not gonna lie - that pool sure is better than sex as far as having a friend with benefits.

• Haha 6

I missed yesterday so I’m doing red and white in one photo. (Red and white).

These begonias are trying to recover from sharing space with a dahlia. I’d never grown dahlias before and didn’t realize I’d unwittingly planted a tree in that pot. I moved 3 dahlias to another location. (I had two others in a veggie patch and they cast too much shade on my cucumbers.) All three dahlias are currently on life support.  

9516F2B5-0ACE-4151-A080-99D5E4DE808E.jpeg

• Like 11

Just thought I'd let you all know that I had several photos of the Ibis in my yard. By choosing the one I did, I spared you all the photo of the one with a whole frog hanging out of its beak. ?

And no, I didn't realize I was getting such a picture until I uploaded them to my computer and started looking through them. I was just snapping as many as I could before they left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4