Menu

Do your kids eat this

Elizabeth86

My kids don't, and I dont, but I used to when I was a kid.

Same. My friends as a kid did it too. Not sure it ever occurred to my kids to do it.

One of my kids loves the noodles that get stuck together in a bundle. He calls them "broccoli". He was not happy when I told him that wouldn't count as a vegetable serving.

Edited by BarbecueMom
  • Like 7

I liked eating dry ramen noodles as a kid. Never pasta though.

My dc have eaten dry ramen but not pasta. I only buy it maybe once or twice a year. I figure it's just like eating chips so ... :tongue_smilie:

My dc have eaten dry ramen but not pasta. I only buy it maybe once or twice a year. I figure it's just like eating chips so ... :tongue_smilie:

My students in So. Cal. used to eat uncooked ramen sprinkled with the seasoning packet. 

My kids have never eaten uncooked pasta. Cooked pasta with a red sauce is a family favorite.

My students in So. Cal. used to eat uncooked ramen sprinkled with the seasoning packet.

That's what my engineering school classmates did. A packet of instant noodles was 10 cents then in the early 90s. They like it because it is crispy and the seasoning packet has MSG.

• Like 2

Just a heads up- craving hard, crunchy food like uncooked pasta or ice is a sign of iron deficiency. If your child seems to really want it a lot, it may be a good idea to have his iron levels checked. I went through a time when I loved to munch on raw spaghetti and even bought it just to eat raw. Then, I learned that my iron levels were dangerously low. When that corrected, I stopped eating raw spaghetti.

Just a heads up- craving hard, crunchy food like uncooked pasta or ice is a sign of iron deficiency. If your child seems to really want it a lot, it may be a good idea to have his iron levels checked. I went through a time when I loved to munch on raw spaghetti and even bought it just to eat raw. Then, I learned that my iron levels were dangerously low. When that corrected, I stopped eating raw spaghetti.

Thanks. The dr checks their iron and it has always been good.

Thanks.  I tend to have low iron, so now I know to take an extra supplement when I want to eat dried pasta.  :)