Menu

If you love coffee

DawnM

I wish that I could find a coffee bean flavor that I just loved, but I've tried about 20 different ones and I still haven't found it.

So, today ended up being a double shot morning, which is unusual for me. And no, sadly, I don't mean shots of alcohol - but two shots of espresso in my latte. (the puppy woke up to go out last night, on top of the baby waking up to nurse, and that's just two much.) 

Also, forgot to say my current favorite drink is cafe con leche. Less milk than a latte. I do a lungo (long) shot of espresso which is just under 4oz, then 4 oz of heated milk. Plus splenda or sugar. 

Before I got the nespresso I had two cups of regular coffee a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Then maybe a decaf at night after the kids went to bed. The espresso has half the caffeine of regular coffee (one shot is 75mg caffeine) so I can have it more often. 

And it seriously is SO much easier on the stomach. 

• Like 1

2 or 3 large mugs every morning, black no sugar.  I adore hot beverages and sip at them all day long, but I switch to mint tea or something else without caffeine at around 11 am.

I really enjoy, but if pressed could live without, chocolate and meat and bread and wine.  

I could not live without coffee or cheese.  I mean, I could, but it'd be a small and mean and grinchy life, barely worth living...

• Like 2

2 or 3 large mugs every morning, black no sugar.  I adore hot beverages and sip at them all day long, but I switch to mint tea or something else without caffeine at around 11 am.

I really enjoy, but if pressed could live without, chocolate and meat and bread and wine.  

I could not live without coffee or cheese.  I mean, I could, but it'd be a small and mean and grinchy life, barely worth living...

I do too, except in summer.

But I'm really coming to derail the thread.  :-)

I like to sip my coffee.  If I don't have time to drink a cup in the morning -  for example, am in a rush to get out of the house and can't take coffee with me for whatever reason - I will do without and get my coffee when I can have it at a more leisurely pace.  

My husband doesn't get this.  He would rather slam down a cup quickly than do without.  I guess he needs the caffeine boost.  

Since we just use a 12-cup maker, and have no desire to change, we are sometimes out of sync with morning coffee.  After 16 or so years (of my drinking coffee; we've been married longer than that), he still doesn't get it that I don't need the morning cup. And, I guess, I don't get how he can enjoy his coffee on days he has to drink it quickly and get moving.

Maybe it's because I started my coffee drinking as a social thing and not a utilitarian thing?  I didn't drink coffee till well into adulthood, when I started hanging out in coffeehouses with friends, and started drinking lattes and mochas and such.  But I still drank tea at home, till one day I suddenly wanted a cup of 'regular' coffee in the morning.... and have never looked back.  Whereas I think my husband started drinking coffee in college as a way to stay awake.    I still see it as largely a social thing, even if I am socializing here on the boards, or with a book.  

Just musing on the sipping vs. slamming aspect.  Hope it is not an unwelcome derail.  

• Like 1

I love it but only drink about four cups (capuccinos) a week - two each on Saturday and Sunday and maybe one other during the week.  I only like the good stuff, so I drink tea most of the time so as not to bankrupt myself.  No sugar.

Edited by Laura Corin

I do too, except in summer.

But I'm really coming to derail the thread.  :-)

I like to sip my coffee.  If I don't have time to drink a cup in the morning -  for example, am in a rush to get out of the house and can't take coffee with me for whatever reason - I will do without and get my coffee when I can have it at a more leisurely pace.  

My husband doesn't get this.  He would rather slam down a cup quickly than do without.  I guess he needs the caffeine boost.  

Since we just use a 12-cup maker, and have no desire to change, we are sometimes out of sync with morning coffee.  After 16 or so years (of my drinking coffee; we've been married longer than that), he still doesn't get it that I don't need the morning cup. And, I guess, I don't get how he can enjoy his coffee on days he has to drink it quickly and get moving.

Maybe it's because I started my coffee drinking as a social thing and not a utilitarian thing?  I didn't drink coffee till well into adulthood, when I started hanging out in coffeehouses with friends, and started drinking lattes and mochas and such.  But I still drank tea at home, till one day I suddenly wanted a cup of 'regular' coffee in the morning.... and have never looked back.  Whereas I think my husband started drinking coffee in college as a way to stay awake.    I still see it as largely a social thing, even if I am socializing here on the boards, or with a book.  

Just musing on the sipping vs. slamming aspect.  Hope it is not an unwelcome derail.  

We use travel mugs......both problems solved.  There are some great ones out there now that really keep your coffee hot for a long period of time.

• Like 3

We use travel mugs......both problems solved.  There are some great ones out there now that really keep your coffee hot for a long period of time.

Not if your car has deficient cup holders.  :-)   But even with travel mugs, I find that sometimes it's just not convenient to bother taking it along - depends on what I'm doing.  If I'm taking a kid to school and either coming right home or doing short errands first, I'll skip the coffee on the road; my husband will put whatever's left in the pot after he's finished in a thermal carafe and then I relax with my coffee at home.

We do drink coffee while driving long distance... but when we have a long trip we take the newer/better car.  :-)

Edited by marbel