Menu

instant pot is Amazon's daily deal

cintinative

No idea if this is a good price. Just FYI for those who have been wanting to buy one.  According to Camelcamelcamel this is their lowest price (on Amazon) $69.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0073GIN08/ref=gbps_img_s-3_5402_45758eed?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2558495402&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=16NT056FSSDKWNQYMTXZ

• Like 2

Come to the dark side, we have homemade yogurt. And *amazing* pot roast. And really good potatoes...

And easy to peel eggs, and yummy soup, and frozen hunks of meat to a meal in 45-60 minutes - 5 of those with you actually being in the kitchen putting the stuff in the pot...

• Like 2

Sigh.

I caved.  

you guys got to me. 

:lol: Me too, even without the yogurt feature. I have a good friend IRL who relies on hers heavily, and she's been talking it up to me too. I'm crossing my fingers that I love it as much as everyone else seems to!

For the newbies, I'm already learning a lot from the main Instant Pot group on FB. You can read there without joining, and people share tons of great info. 

I used mine tonight for only the second time, and made amazing falling-apart tender and flavorful bone-on BBQ ribs in 40 minutes (including sautee, pressurizing, cooking, and quick-venting).

ETA: No Dyson, Meile, Vitamix, or Speed Queen.  But I do have a Bosch Universal (now THAT goes back a few years here!).

Edited by Amy in NH

I think it's a conspiracy. This is like the Dyson of yore. And the speed queen.

...and I maybe have an instant pot I bought for the same price over Christmas and am afraid to use lol

I think you're right. I have the Meile vacuum, a Speed Queen washer, and a Vitamix. Are these people never satisfied???

• Like 1

I think you're right. I have the Meile vacuum, a Speed Queen washer, and a Vitamix. Are these people never satisfied???

I can't blame WTM for any other appliance beyond Instant Pot... Yet!

I already had a Dyson and a BlendTec before I ever heard of WTM.

But, I do have Speed Queen and a Breville Toaster oven on my wishlist thanks to the Hive. It's only a matter of time and circumstance.

• Like 1

Didn't read all the comments, but just wanted to say this is the 6-in-1; not the one that has the yogurt feature. I had my daughter order me one last night (to give as a gift to my other daughter), before I realized it wasn't the same one I have. I wound up cancelling.

I realize everyone doesn't need or want the yogurt maker, but just thought I would mention it for those who do.

I can't blame WTM for any other appliance beyond Instant Pot... Yet!

I already had a Dyson and a BlendTec before I ever heard of WTM.

But, I do have Speed Queen and a Breville Toaster oven on my wishlist thanks to the Hive. It's only a matter of time and circumstance.

Haha - WTM is the reason I have an Instant Pot, but I am the reason about 10 other people I know have one; I'm like a walking Instant Pot infomercial now. ;-p

• Like 1

I ended up skipping this one, due to deciding that I am going to hold out for the 7 in 1 with yogurt option. I will put that one in my cart and keep an eye on the price.

I have the 7-in-1, and can't see myself ever using the yogurt option because I already have a yogurt method I prefer. But, it was the Black Friday deal last year, so there is hope that it'll go on sale for you.

Edited by fraidycat
  • Like 1

I have the 7-in-1, and can't see myself ever using the yogurt option because I already have a yogurt method I prefer. But, it was the Black Friday deal last year, so there is hope that it'll go on sale for you.

Well, now I have put BOTH the 6-in-1 and 7-in-1 in my shopping cart to price-watch.  :lurk5:

We will be moving in the fall, after the new place is put back together again, following a full gut of the bathroom and kitchen. At the moment I can look through the floor of the bathroom and see the stripped kitchen, so I suppose I can just be patient. If I am lucky, the arrival of my Instant Pot will coincide with the arrival of my kitchen counters!

• Like 1