Menu

AP Exam Scores (earliest July 5)

Somehow, I thought my daughter had forgotten about the score release date.  I learned that she was thinking of the 4th of July as "the day before AP scores."   Very happy - 5 in AP Lang, 5 in APES, 5 in AP Euro, and 5 in Music Theory!  It has not been the easiest last year and a half for various reasons, but especially much family health problems and relatives passing away.  I'm so heart-happy that she was able to make it through all of it well  :wub:

Edited by learners4life
  • Like 16

Thanks for the reminder.  Happy to see scores here.  They were about what I expected, high in areas that were studied, not so high in areas that weren't.

Even better, that score was the last thing needed to finalize ds's high school transcript and send it out to his college.  

• Like 11

I forgot about AP scores given all the drama with the older kids this last week.

Ds is beyond delighted with 5s in Comparative Government and American Government (both through PAHS) and 4s in Microeconomics and US History (both studied independently).

So far, his university has counted his credits exactly as I had expected, which means he will be entering as sophomore.  Derek Owens and Ray Leven got him exactly where he needed to be for math and Spanish and we are so glad he didn't need to take the AP Spanish exam this year.

Congratulations to everyone. 

We are so glad to be done with AP forever, but are glad for the opportunity to get some GenEd credits out of the way to make room for Arabic.

• Like 15

Congratulations to everyone!  After a terrible year around here for so many reasons, I am thrilled to say it didn't affect DD's academic work.  She received 5s on all of her exams, which were Physics C, English Lit/Comp, Statistics, Computer Science, and Psychology. 

• Like 15

We still have a few more days.

DD is over-the-moon happy that she gets to be a teaching assistant for Mrs. Inspektor some fall. I think that has taken her focus off the scores.

What a wonderful opportunity for your daughter.  Maya is one of the most outstanding teachers we've encountered.

• Like 2

After enduring weeks of withering scowls and much despondency during AP testing, I am happy to report my son finally offered up a sweet smile of pride this morning upon seeing his results. Two 5s, one in Human Geography and one in US Government, and a 4 in Macroeconomics. My 14 yo ds self studied for all three with a little help and prodding from me.  He even admitted he "learned a lot"!  :hurray:

• Like 14

Unless you have friends or family in a different state or suddenly decide you want to take a spur-of-the-moment road trip! ;)

We actually are in a different state right now, but my understanding is that it had to do with where you took the test. Is that wrong?

Very happy here, as well!! One of my boys was miserable after the exam because he was so sure that he'd completely failed. Don't know how his sense of how he did could have been so far off.

Sailor Dude was so convinced that he bombed the Microeconomics test that he went ahead and registered for the 200 level class for this fall.  Now, he's thrilled to change his schedule.

Congratulations to your son/s.

• Like 5

Thanks for the reminder.  Happy to see scores here.  They were about what I expected, high in areas that were studied, not so high in areas that weren't.

Even better, that score was the last thing needed to finalize ds's high school transcript and send it out to his college.  

Did your guys do the US History exam this year?  I am dying to talk about that test and all of the hype regarding it.

• Like 1

Did your guys do the US History exam this year?  I am dying to talk about that test and all of the hype regarding it.

They did take the test, but it was one of our least touched topics this year.  I'm really not thrilled with the revision.  Not because I see sinister political aims, but because I think the course ends up a mile wide and an inch thick.  

Both boys passed and one got a 5.  He had done more of the reading and is generally more interested in history.  Both laughed that there was one question they wouldn't have gotten right except for listening to the Hamilton soundtrack so often (and that they had to restrain the urge to shout the very R rated lyric when they saw that question.)

I'm also disappointed in the essay rubric revision.  I would have preferred that they go with the rubric for the European exam, which had core and additional points.  You couldn't get the additional points if the essay fundamentals weren't there.

• Like 3

It also looks like there's a discussion on Reddit.  

Thanks to everyone who recommended Mr. Moskaluk at PAH for AP chem.  Dd got a 5, an 800 on the SAT chem, and is doing chemistry research this summer.  Not a bad deal overall.  

• Like 10

They did take the test, but it was one of our least touched topics this year.  I'm really not thrilled with the revision.  Not because I see sinister political aims, but because I think the course ends up a mile wide and an inch thick.  

Both boys passed and one got a 5.  He had done more of the reading and is generally more interested in history.  Both laughed that there was one question they wouldn't have gotten right except for listening to the Hamilton soundtrack so often (and that they had to restrain the urge to shout the very R rated lyric when they saw that question. :D )

I'm also disappointed in the essay rubric revision.  I would have preferred that they go with the rubric for the European exam, which had core and additional points.  You couldn't get the additional points if the essay fundamentals weren't there.

I spent a lot of time on planning the class and reviewing the revision and the revision's revision and frankly, it was kind of time wasted.  Ds read the text, watched the TC lectures, and discussed topics with me.  He did a quick run through in an exam prep book about two weeks prior to the test.  That's all he had time for this year.  The HST and thematic talk went in one ear and out the other.  He approached the material the way we've always done history. 

I would agree that that the course is a mile wide and an inch thick and I fail to see how it is a significant improvement over the previous exam. I know that a common teacher complaint was that content was replaced with skill development on a micro level that still left teachers scrambling to cover all the material by the end of the year. Ds took a quick look at the essay rubric and filed the information in the same place as he put the HST and thematic info. I'll have to check with him on the specifics, but I do know there was a point on it that he said didn't even really make sense.

In the end, I think ds's approach and it sounds like your family's approach are more in keeping with a college-level survey course.  After this test, ds was very disappointed that he didn't take the Euro exam as we spent way more time on history that year.

Thanks for sharing your history adventures and book suggestions through the years. They were always inspiring. We did make it to Monticello and Mount Vernon this year.

• Like 4

Somehow dd got a 3 on the World History exam. We were happy. She had a rough year and did very little studying outside of class. She was also sick the week of her exam and only did the DBQ but not the two free response questions. She thought she completely bombed it.

• Like 9

Ds2 got 4's on all 3 of his exams--bio, stats, and US gov.  The exam weeks were tough for him too.  The national mock trial tournament was the second week, and so he was under the gun prepping for that because his team won our state championship back in March.  He took gov and bio right before he left, and he had to take the make-up stats one right after he got back.  It was crazy!  I really wish he could have taken stats before he left though.  I think it would have made a difference.  Oh well!

• Like 9

YAY!!  Just learned that DS got 5's on all this year:  Chem (with PAH Mr. Moskaluk - awesome class), Calc BC (independent), US History (independent, used and loved the FundaFunda materials), Micro and Macro Econ (independent).  He worked hard and we're so happy for him!  :hurray: 

• Like 11

Ds2 got 4's on all 3 of his exams--bio, stats, and US gov.  The exam weeks were tough for him too.  The national mock trial tournament was the second week, and so he was under the gun prepping for that because his team won our state championship back in March.  He took gov and bio right before he left, and he had to take the make-up stats one right after he got back.  It was crazy!  I really wish he could have taken stats before he left though.  I think it would have made a difference.  Oh well!

Fours will still get him college credits, right?  Most schools offer six credits for biology, so it delivers a lot of punch, as it should for the work required.

My ds received 4 credits for his Stats exam and it waives his university's general math requirement.

I think your son did an admirable job given everything he had going on. Congrats to you both.

• Like 6

Much thanks to Susan Richman's class at PA Homeschoolers, DC got a 5 for APUSH. This is the 10th and last AP exam. It has been good, all 5s. AP Cal BC and both Physics Cs will count toward 2 credits. AP Bio, Chem, and CS will not. AP Lit, US Gov, Euro and US History will earn some sort of elective credits but will not satisfy the humanities requirement. Regardless, I'm glad those exams were taken and thankful they were done well.

• Like 11

Ack! We forgot the AP number at home (the storage on my phone was full the day I meant to take a picture of it) and my friend couldn't find it at our house! So, instead of learning early. I need to wait 4 days extra!!!! Ds said-it's okay, I'm not fussed about it at all. Oh, to be as laid back as him!!!

Wait! I figured it out. Fyi, if your child has taken the sat or other ap tests, you don't need the number. Also, there's an option to have it e-mailed .

Anyway, he got a 4 on the Computer Science A test. I am thrilled ! He's a sophomore and it wasn't an easy class for him. Honestly, I was hoping for a 3.

• Like 11

Any suggestions if APScore.org thinks your location is null?

n/m - it wouldn't work on my computer, but did on my phone.  weird.  

Saw under your name: "It's exhausting being the frontal lobe for the entire family"  

There are times I'd really like to have my lobe all to myself!

• Like 2

Kentucky scores finally released this morning. Our son, who graduated this last May, got a 4 on the AP Calculus BC exam. There were 33 5's for the state of Kentucky and every student who took it in his district passed. So Proud of him.

Did your state release data for its students? I'm curious to know about our state without waiting for the official College Board document that comes out much later.

• Like 1