Menu

I'm now a retired home school mom

I just submitted grades/paperwork for the last time as a homeschool mom.

I cried.

I have taught and graduated four kids from our little homeschool. Now aged 18 to 24.

Over 20 years of homeschooling.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

:)

:grouphug:  :grouphug: :hurray:   :hurray:  Cheers, and hugs. It is bittersweet, isn't it.

Congratulations, Pam, on your perseverance and dedication and love for your children in providing such a wonderful education for them. :) Wishing you all the BEST for what comes next. Warmest regards, Lori D.

• Like 1

Well... what's next is a good question.

I've been working part-time for the last 5 years.

I've worked 2 part-time jobs (at the same time) for 2 of those years.

I'm tired.

I am looking for jobs.  If I stay part-time, I need a DIFFERENT job.

I am applying for full-time "professional" jobs, as well.

Financially, I MUST work. If I did not HAVE to work... I would still find something little to do.

Now, I am actually mourning homeschooling. (And the death of a favorite aunt.)

One of my daughters is graduating from college tomorrow. (The one with diagnosed learning disabilities if you've followed me here over the years.)

It is just a very emotional time for me today.

Thanks for the support! (Today and over all the years!)

• Like 14

I'll be in the same boat in about 2 weeks! I'll be continuing with my part time consulting work and hopefully have a little more time to get to some tasks that have been patiently awaiting me for years!

I bet I'll cry.

:grouphug:

• Like 3

I'll be in the same boat in about 2 weeks! I'll be continuing with my part time consulting work and hopefully have a little more time to get to some tasks that have been patiently awaiting me for years!

I bet I'll cry.

:grouphug:

:grouphug:  :hurray:  Debb!

• Like 1

Congratulations! You did it!

I will be in the same boat this time next year.  I alternate between grief, dread, panic & joyful anticipation thinking about it.

With everything you have happening at the same time, I can understand you feeling emotional!

Edited by Sherri in MI
  • Like 2

Congratulations retiring Moms!  I hope what comes next in your lives is awesome!!   

Blessings,

Pat

P.S.  Don't forget to pop back in on occasion and share your wisdom with the rest of us who are still trying to navigate these high school years.  Would love to hear how things are going for you too.  

• Like 2