Menu

-

alisoncooks

No, like, for real: where does one buy plus-sized undergarments?

I tend to shop for those sorts of items at Walmart/Target, but they only stock the styles I like up to a size 9 (which is maybe a pants-size 14-16) and I need a 10. They carry bigger sizes ONLY for briefs (full-on granny panties...and often in a horrid slippery material that I cannot abide.)

For some reason, this is annoying me today. I don't want briefs -- well, maybe if they're the low-cut sort (which exist, but only up to a 9). Apparently big girls aren't allowed to wear them once we hit size 10.

So, ladies of like size: where do you buy underclothes?

Oh, I have this same problem! I hate briefs and won't wear them but it's really hard to find low cut or bikini cut underwear in my size. :(

• Like 1

No, like, for real: where does one buy plus-sized undergarments?

I tend to shop for those sorts of items at Walmart/Target, but they only stock the styles I like up to a size 9 (which is maybe a pants-size 14-16) and I need a 10. They carry bigger sizes ONLY for briefs (full-on granny panties...and often in a horrid slippery material that I cannot abide.)

For some reason, this is annoying me today. I don't want briefs -- well, maybe if they're the low-cut sort (which exist, but only up to a 9). Apparently big girls aren't allowed to wear them once we hit size 10.

So, ladies of like size: where do you buy underclothes?

Wow, I am sorry. My Wally World and Target both carry bigger sizes in all styles up to a size 14 (30-32 pants size0. You might try their site to store feature on their websites. 

• Like 1

If you have a Costco near you, look in their underwear section for bikinis from the brand "it se bit se" (or something like that, however they spell it). I can't stand full cut briefs, and I can't stand teeny bikini panties, and I can't stand that slippery shiny material either. These are soft, just the right amount of stretchy, cut to just the right specs, and they don't dig at the seams, so they don't make visible panty lines. The largest ones fit me, and it sounds like they'll fit you too.

I live in fear that they'll discontinue these underpants :lol: They're so comfortable, and I really hate underwear shopping! 

ETA: Well, dang it, I just found a FB post that does indeed say that Costco isn't carrying them anymore. But they're made by French Dressing, and you can buy them online here, if you still need options. I'm happy to see that they have an extended color selection too. I'm going to need to be hoarding them now, like Elaine and her sponges! Oh, and the largest size they offer is an 8, but they fit me well, while 8s in other brands don't. And I wear a size *cough* 18 *cough* in pants, if that helps you determine sizing.

• Like 2

I had to get the briefs but Walmart has some that aren't quite so old lady looking. They are all lace and very comfortable. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fruit-of-the-Loom-Ladies-6pk-Lace-Hi-cuts/35897645

They don't look awful either. At least they were lace :)

I will say though that after losing weight the FIRST thing I bought was new underwear :)  I actually got those same undies in a size 9, which is when they switch to bikini style. 

• Like 1