Menu

New Star Wars trailer

Seasider

So, wait....is Luke saying that Han Solo is related to him? (When he says "you have it", and then Han and Chewy appear?) Or am I reading too much into that?

I assumed he was speaking to a daughter/son or niece/nephew, since we know the main protagonists of this story are the younger set.

(I think we know that. Do we know that?)

Maybe he is referring to the way the older Jedi live on in spirit. We will see. But not soon enough!

• Like 2

Ok, so maybe he's talking about the girl in the trailer -- could be either his or Leia's daughter.

So excited to see!

One of the theories think that is leia's daughter. Luke became a hermit aka lived like Yoda as he was afraid of going to the dark side.

Another theory is that the storm trooper guy the girl helps up is Lando's son.

• Like 1

Ok so we have Luke's voice - agreed?

Then when he starts talking about the force, he says, "My father HAS it..."

So, either DV is still alive, or one of the greatest movie lines of all time will be revealed as a lie. Which will it be?

Even if he was alive it wouldn't be as DV. He died as Anakin Skywalker.

• Like 1

I can't see the trailer, but my ds says that the actor who played Luke originally will have his son in the movie and that the son nowadays looks a lot like Luke did when younger...perhaps the son also sounds like the younger Luke?

Are you certain you are hearing Luke speaking about Anakin, or could it be Ben Skywalker (Luke's son) talking about Luke?

Apparently (according to my son) Luke and Leia will be made different ages instead of twins because they can no longer get away with the actors as aged looking like the same age. I think that may be hard for me to get used to, if true.

I can't see the trailer, but my ds says that the actor who played Luke originally will have his son in the movie and that the son nowadays looks a lot like Luke did when younger...perhaps the son also sounds like the younger Luke?

Are you certain you are hearing Luke speaking about Anakin, or could it be Ben Skywalker (Luke's son) talking about Luke?

Apparently (according to my son) Luke and Leia will be made different ages instead of twins because they can no longer get away with the actors as aged looking like the same age. I think that may be hard for me to get used to, if true.

It is Luke. They stay twins as the movie takes place 30 years later.

I haven't done a lot of reading about the new movies but I'm going on the assumption that they take place after the Heir to the Empire trilogy. In that series Leia and Han marry and have twins--a son and daughter--both of whom show signs of the Force. They're quite young in those stories, though, which is why I think the movies come after that. And it makes sense to do it that way because of the ages of Luke, Leia and Han--the Heir trilogy happens just a few years after the Star Wars trilogy.

ETA: I meant to reply to whichever post asked who Luke was talking to but I quoted the wrong post. Oops.

The books are no longer canon with the Disney acquisition, (and thus Disney committed the greatest act of Genocide in fiction. :lol:) Ben Skywalker, and Jacen and Jaina Solo no longer exist.

Heir to the Empire is not canon.

They cannot make them "not twins" after they were born as twins in episode three.

Canon is only episodes 1-6, The Clone Wars, and Star Wars Rebels.

• Like 3

The books are no longer canon with the Disney acquisition, (and thus Disney committed the greatest act of Genocide in fiction. :lol:) Ben Skywalker, and Jacen and Jaina Solo no longer exist.

Heir to the Empire is not canon.

They cannot make them "not twins" after they were born as twins in episode three.

:svengo:

Well, I wondered why they only showed one twin in the trailer. Now it makes sense.

Nathan Hamill had a small role in Phantom Menace, but he won't be in the new one AFAIK.

Ok so we have Luke's voice - agreed?

Then when he starts talking about the force, he says, "My father HAS it..."

So, either DV is still alive, or one of the greatest movie lines of all time will be revealed as a lie. Which will it be?

That doesn't sound like Luke's voice to me...

Georgia