Menu

First Grade Planning Thread?

kristi26

Is there one yet? I did a search and couldn't find one, but wanted to share my current ideas! What do you all think of this for my youngest?

History/Geography: Ambleside year 1 with oral narrations here and there, maps to go with Paddle to the Sea

Math: Math-U-See Alpha with online games for practice like those from Shepperd Software, Math Playground, and Turtle Diary

Reading/literature: Books from the library plus the Ambleside year 1 list

Phonics: Explode the Code, starting with book 3

Spelling: McGuffey Spelling (free public domain book) possibly

Handwriting: I'm thinking of going with "A Reason for Handwriting A" not positive though

Science: some nature study, also Apologia Zoology 3 with his sister

Art: I have these fun books that I got when they were free for Kindle called "24 ______'s Paintings for Kids" and plan to use those for study and inspiration.

Music: He's on our Kid's Worship team at church.

Too much? Not enough? Any better ideas for anything that will be free or low cost? Thanks! :)

What are you all planning in first grade?  Maybe you'll give me some other ideas too! :D

I am still in the planning stages, but so far this is what I'm thinking for DS6

BJU math

AAR

Science - undecided...probably just tagging along with big sisters

Social - SOTW

Art - Home Art Studio

Music - rhythm instruments & orchestra study

Bible - Long Story Short ??

Skating, soccer and swimming

• Like 1

We used McGuffey speller in second grade. It's fine to use and advanced, but it will be on you to decide how to teach it and what activities, etc. I bought a spelling book for this year to make it easier. However the word list is not as challenging. My son is a natural speller, so I did a spelling bee at the beginning of the week. The words he missed became his list. However, it sometimes took a while, but I would skip some that were completely outdated.

I realize this is subject to change, I just need to get it out of my head or I'll explode, haha.

-TOG year one

-Logic Of English Foundations for Language Arts

-Singapore Math U.S. Ed 1A & B supplemented with some Life of Fred here and there.

-Science will be books from the library on whatever it is we are interested at the moment.

-Italian might be Rosetta Stone or Professor Toto

-Bible, I'm not sure, but I'm thinking the Answers Bible curriculum.

*phew* now I feel better.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe my little lady will be a 1st grader!!! Ă°Å¸ËœÂ³

Decided so far:

CM language arts with random early readers mixed in and Mc Guffys

TOG year 2 (covers history, geography, some writing, literature, arts/activities, and music studies)

MUS Beta and SM 1a/b

Thinking about Creek Press Task cards for science.

More to be decided...

Art: I have these fun books that I got when they were free for Kindle called "24 ______'s Paintings for Kids" and plan to use those for study and inspiration.

Thank you for posting this!  Art study is my 6yo's favorite subject, so I'm always up for new ideas.

Rising first grader will be doing:

History/Geography -- I will read SOTW1 aloud, and we will do some of the projects.  May also get a few picture books to go with it, and we'll read some of the novels aloud too.  I don't know that I'll have the first grader do the mapwork; it'll depend on his interest level and all.

He'll also at least listen to Paddle-to-the-Sea and other Holling books that we use for family geography study.

Reading/literature -- readalouds, library books of his choice, various phonics and early readers, whatever he wants.

Handwriting -- probably just worksheets or DIY handwriting sheets.

Math -- MEP 1-2, games, manipulatives.

Science -- The older two children will be doing physical science, so the small boys can come along for the projects/experiments, and I will try to find some corresponding picture books and videos too.

Art -- tag along with ARTistic Pursuits if he wants, free art, picture study alongside the older two, seasonal crafting.

Music -- composer study alongside the older two, listening to music of various types, learning to play guitar (which is the cutest thing ever, watching him play and learn and teach his little brother) and maybe piano too.  Continue to listen to the Mr. Pipes books as I read them aloud. 

PE -- continue martial arts classes (maybe he'll finally get his green belt soon!), swimming this summer, biking, hiking, running around the yard.

Bible -- Susan Hunt and Richie Hunt books, reading from Bible story books and Arch paperbacks, memory verse work.

First graders... I've got one of those!!

Morning Time with us (composer, worship/bible, poetry, cultural studies, memory work, Shakespeare, read-aloud 1)

Reading: AAR 1

Math: CLE 1

Language Arts: ELtL

Science: Exploring the Building Blocks Of Science 1

Tea Time with us (history, art study, read-aloud 2)

Writing:  "Write About Me" workbook ("Just Write" program by EPS, same people who make Explode the Code - it's *awesome* for a gentle intro to creative writing or reluctant writers). Evan-Moor Nursery Rhyme Pockets.

thanks for sharing this, this looks great and exactly what I need to go with AAR/AAS for 1st grade!

As of now...

LA: AAR 1/2 (will probably add AAS after Christmas)

ETC 

Getty Dubay Book B

Write About Me and other 'gentle' creative expression assignments from SL LA1

Various readalouds and SL readers as she progresses

Math: MUS Alpha

Bible: (as a family) Vos Storybook Bible and Integrity Time

Extras: (as a family) SOTW 1, Abeka Science and Health, Abeka Art, Family Readaloud

Other: Classical Conversations, Weekly PE Class, Gymnastics, Horseback Riding and lots and lots of free creative play time :) 

We'll be doing Ambleside Online Year 1 next year so all the stuff that goes with that.... Geography, history, art study, composer study, science, copywork, hymn study, etc. Math will be CLE 1 and maybe supp. with LOF Apples. Reading will be Explode the Code (we're on book 4 now, so whatever we get to then) and her readers from R&S that we love. I plan on using Home Art Studio for art and hopefully she'll start piano lessons. I *might* use Nancy Larson Grade 1 science, haven't decided yet, sounds like something my dd would like. For Bible we'll be doing Leading Little Ones to God, verse memory, catechism, possibly Awana, and Bible stories.

For 1st we are planning to do:

Reading: AAR (which was amazing for my oldest son)

Spelling: AAS

Math: Right Start B

History/Geography: Road Trip USA (with his brother)

Science: Not sure yet possibly Mr Q Life Science and/or Home Science Adventures by Stratton House

Writing: I'm leaning towards the Aesop' s Fables books by RFP. I only consider this because my older son is doing CAP Writing and Rhetoric Fable. Little brother likes to be like big brother. :)

Extras: hopefully Spanish of some kind, soccer, swim team, and a co-op. Possibly a PE class if they have it again.

I posted in the other thread, but I'm not sure if I updated my list. I've now purchased, so it's pretty "set in stone.

Middle DS will be doing a K/1st year. He'll be 6 late May. 

Memoria Press Level 1 SN core, without the Math; using the Level 1 read aloud program as well, but NOT the science portion.

Math: Miquon, w/the CLE flash card system for math facts

Geography: Legends and Leagues

Grammar: Voyages in English 1 (1950's Lepanto Press catholic version)

Science: Physics, dinosaurs, earth and space - literature based a la Mommy (lol)

Religion: Saint read alouds, The New Catholic Children's Bible, What Can I Do? (CHC), 

Character: CHC's character program, Devotional Stories for Little Folks (CHC), Devotional Stories for Little Folks Too (CHC)

This will be my third year in a row with a first grader. They have all used the same curriculums but all on different levels. Youngest is still learning to read. We are working through OPGTR. Hopefully she will be done with the book by fall. After that she will read aloud to me daily. I'm really excited to find out what she likes. Oldest was a Cam Jenson and Rainbow Magic Fairy kid. Middle girl was a Magic Treehouse junkie. She read each one in order and was obsessed for quite awhile. Besides that we have...

AAS

WWE and FLL

Copy work in cursive and manuscript

Math Mammoth

Dreambox

Song School Latin 2

SOTW

Home made science. Includes BFSU

Memory Work

I have a first grader! She's basically doing the same work as DS6 now, but she's very wiggly.

OPGTR - finish up this

FLL

AAS

CLE Math and MEP - finish this up. For next year I am either going to add Miquon for her or switch her to Singapore. She's great at math and rolls her eyes at me when we do CLE. But i want her to have a good solid foundation. I'd rather go wide with her rather push ahead in one curriculum.

SOTW 2 + activities and read a louds

HWOT cursive

Science - ? We have just been reading books. I thinking of getting BFSU to go along.

MP recitation and enrichment.

Read lots of great books.

Others:

Dance

Children's church activities

May start piano lessons.

Did I leave anything out?

DD will be 6 in June. We'll promote him to 1st in August, but I don't think we'll stop for too long during the summer.

Anyway, here's what we'll probably be doing come August.

Reading: Spalding, Phonics Pathways

Writing: FLL 1/2 and WWE's instructor's guide

Math: Math Mammoth 2a, after doing Miquon Orange and Red over the summer

History: SOTW1 with activity guide

Science: continuing BFSU

Religion: Our Heavenly Father

I want to do ARTistic Pursuits, Spanish, piano, etc, but I don't think I'll have the time... He'll also be doing soccer and religious education at church.

I am still in the planning stages, but so far this is what I'm thinking for DS6

BJU math

AAR

Science - RS4K Chemistry (alongside siblings)

Social - SOTW MOH Vol.1 & Primary Lap Book

Art - Home Art Studio/Come Look With Me books

Music - rhythm instruments & orchestra study

Bible - Long Story Short

Skating, soccer and swimming

A few changes...I do believe we are all set now.  Curriculum order is sent, so that should make it official, right??

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest steph72

I will have a 1st grader and a 5th grader this fall, and we are new to homeschooling (they just finished up public K and 4th).  

Here is my plan (I think!)...subject to change:

1st grader:

Bookshark level K (core A)

FLL 1

WWE 1

AAR 1 (finish and start AAR2)

will start AAS 1 along with AAR2

Real Science 4 Kids Pre-level Chemistry

CLE 100 + LOF starting with apples

Song School Latin 1

HWT & Draw Write Now for fun

Artistic Pursuits

Peter and the Wolf, orchestra study

5th grader:

Bookshark level 4 (core E) + wordly wise and sequential spelling

Essentials in Writing 5

A Reason for HW-cursive

CLE math 400

SL science D

Draw Write Now

• 2 weeks later...

Not set in stone, but as close as I've gotten so far to actually making any kind of decisions.

Math- Math Mammoth 1A/1B

LA- FLL1, WWE, Spelling Workout A, sections in OPGTTR that we didn't cover in BJU K5 this year. Lots of read-alouds.

Bible- Penny Gardner's list of OT stories with history/geography supplements from Bible Road Trip year 1. Character lessons either with We Choose Virtues, Character First, or Hubbard's Cupboard. CM Scripture memory system.

History- SOTW1 and guide

Science- biology as laid out in WTM and weekly nature study

Art- Drawing with Children, artist studies maybe

Music- hopefully starting piano lessons and composer studies maybe

Keeping everything as short and efficient as possible so we have afternoons free :) Probably doing some kind of rotation with art/music/science and maybe even history. Once a week for art/music. Maybe more than once a week for the other 2.

• Like 1

Next year will be our fifth year homeschooling ... and second time having a first grader, this is what works for us:

Language Arts Phonics: AAR and ETC

Language Arts Reading: Penguin Young Readers Guided Reading books. Variety of read alouds.

Language Arts Handwriting: A Reason for Handwriting after HWOT.

Language Arts Creative Writing: "Just Write" by EPS

Language Arts Spelling: Spelling Workout, supplement with AAS as needed. Move on to Spelling Power after Grade 2.

Language Arts Poetry: Variety of resources.

Language Arts Supplements: Copywork for Animal Lovers, CLE LA, Evan Moor Literature Pockets, audiobooks.

Math: Singapore U.S. Edition, Singapore Intensive Practice Workbooks, supplement with Jump Math workbooks (Canadian). and CLE math workbooks. Montessori math manipulatives.

Canadian Social Studies: Read alouds and themed colouring books.

History: SOTW Middle Ages (just read alouds and projects) and "A Child's History of the World" by Hillyer

Geography: Apple Press Mapping K-2 or Evan-Moor Beginning Geography workbook

Science: R.E.A.L Science Odyssey Life Science Biology 1, TOPS lentil science, rock collection, DK First Encyclopedias.

Nature Study: journal, dover colouring books, "One Small Square" books, naturalist kits from Acorn Naturalists, Burgess nature books for children (animals, seashore, etc.)

Art: "Drawing with Children" Monart Method, Deepspacesparkle .com projects, maybe HomeArtStudioi DVD's.

Phys Ed: Swimming, gymnastics, recreational ballet.

Biblical Studies: "Telling God's Story" Year 1 (maybe), A Beka flash a cards series, Jesus Storybook Bible.

A few homemade unit studies: weather, dogs, horses, Canadian animals, ocean life.

Not set in stone, but as close as I've gotten so far to actually making any kind of decisions.

Math- Math Mammoth 1A/1B

LA- FLL1, WWE, Spelling Workout A, sections in OPGTTR that we didn't cover in BJU K5 this year. Lots of read-alouds.

Bible- Penny Gardner's list of OT stories with history/geography supplements from Bible Road Trip year 1. Character lessons either with We Choose Virtues, Character First, or Hubbard's Cupboard. CM Scripture memory system.

History- SOTW1 and guide

Science- biology as laid out in WTM and weekly nature study

Art- Drawing with Children, artist studies maybe

Music- hopefully starting piano lessons and composer studies maybe

Keeping everything as short and efficient as possible so we have afternoons free :) Probably doing some kind of rotation with art/music/science and maybe even history. Once a week for art/music. Maybe more than once a week for the other 2.

I have been doing some of this in K and hope to finish the list in grade 1.  How do you use the list? 

Math: Life of Fred

History: SCM Ancient Rome

Science: SCM Outdoor Secrets, Nature Reader

Lit: Co op class

Lang. Arts: All About Reading 2, All About Spelling 1, copywork

Song School Spanish, Artistic Pursuits, probably baseball

I think that's it! :-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been doing some of this in K and hope to finish the list in grade 1.  How do you use the list? 

arliemaria- Sorry I disappeared there! We are doing it next year, so I haven't started using it yet. Like I said, we are going to do Old Testament passages next year to correlate with studying the ancients in SOTW. We are reading a passage a day, they are narrating what they remember back to me, and then illustrating or doing a coloring page. That's pretty much what we have been doing this year, except we have been doing it weekly (or biweekly) and they have been getting bored with the same story all week. What have you been doing?

• 2 weeks later...

Still up in the air but this is the tentative list 

Math - Abeka. I wanted to switch to Horizons or CLE but we used it for kinder and he and his brother refuse to change. It works and they are doing great with it so I'm not going to mess with it! 

Language Arts - AAR 1, FLL 1, ETC, read alongs with big brother and possibly some lap booking read alouds from the COH blog.

Handwriting - Torn between HWOT and A Reason for Handwriting 

Bible - Possibly BSGFAA 

History/geography - SOTW and the AG, volume 1. Will be done with big brother (3rd) and we will

Science - Thinking we might just go with some Magic School Bus and activities. Or Answers in Genesis. Still researching. 

I think that's it. And then just whatever co-op classes we sign up for on Thursdays. 

I'm just starting but here's what I think I'm going with so far:

Math: MEP Year 1 & 2 (to cement knowledge because he's beginning 3rd grade level), moving on to Year 3 after that, also doing Khan Academy K-2 (he's already 20% on his own), then moving to Grade 3 math, along with CK-12. He also has a few random apps (like DragonBox) that teach him basic algebra/geometry concepts while he thinks it's all a game.

LA: For reading, I'm going with some from the Ambleside list, some from the WTM book, and library books we pick out together; otherwise, eclectic reader (he's 3rd grade level so will be doing 3rd once I make sure he can breeze through 1st (so far he does) and 2nd (up next).)

HW: Using Writing With Ease from library, but he writes pretty well, so I may just end up having him copy things from books we're reading instead.

Science: Study animals, human body, then plants - using books from library (ex: Smithsonian Animal Book) & DK dictionaries. Observations outside weather permitting.

History/Geography: SOTW1, along with a World History atlas (Kingfisher) from 10,000 BCE to present, books from library coordinating those dates, along with pictures of maps to color/label along with using a globe to show general areas.

Music/Art: composer/artist study from Ambleside weekly.

PE: looking into stuff to do

And finally, we were already doing about 10 minutes of French and 10 minutes of ASL each day. He already knew a little ASL from public K as well.  :lol:

Logic of English Foundations C and D (phonics, spelling, handwriting)

English Lessons through Literarure (copywork, literature, narration, poetry, picture study, gentle grammar)

Saxon Math 2

Story of the World 3 (early modern)

We are studying birds all year as our spine for for nature study (with Simply Charlotte Mason's guide and Burgess Bird book)

Bible - The Bible :)

Violin

So excited!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's mine!  He's 6 1/2 right now.

Language Arts:   Drilling on phonemic awareness skills (AAR Prelevel for weak areas, Webber Phonological Awareness Cards, and Working out with Phonological Awareness)

AAR Level 1 when he understands blending

FLL

WWE Level 1 (maybe)

HWT My Printing Book

AAS Level 1 (undecided if we'll start this right away or wait)

Math:   Singapore Math 1B (Finishing from last year), 2A and 2B if we get to it.

History:  SOTW Vol 2 w/ Activity guide

Science: Real Science Odyssey - Earth Science / Astronomy

Arts:  Harmony Fine Arts Grade 2 (Medieval and Renaissance artist study).

Piano Lessons starting with Step by Step Piano Course - Book 1 .  If that doesn't work we'll look into getting a teacher.

Other: Freerunning/Parkour classes, maybe continue swim lessons.  Weekly nature study with nature journal.  Spanish with Salsa from GPB. Continuing Speech Therapy.

So I have a 1st grader (daughter), and preschooler (son) who is at her level in everything except for writing.  I don't know how I'll handle Language Arts with him yet but otherwise these plans are for both of them.

Music: piano, instrument introductions with eyewitness book (should last ~3 months, then will need a new book)

Math: MUS Beta

Art: Drawing with Children

LA: WWE, FLL, Sequential Spelling (haven't fully committed to spelling)

Handwriting: NAC 2 for her, prewriting and maybe manuscript intro for him later in the year

History: SOTW 1

Science: unit studies based on eyewitness books

Religious: CCD program, Mass 3-4x a week, prayer breakdowns

In general I am trying to move to more open-go things because I am not living up to my ideals in terms of creating from scratch or with a spine.  Science will probably need to be revised to something more structured but I just haven't researched enough to choose something yet.  Looks like there are some good options above me, though!

This is my third first grader, and each one has done something completely different. :)

DS3 will be doing...

CLE Math 200

CLE LA 100/200 (he's on 107 when we start school back up next week)

Mystery of History 1

Creek Edge Press Life Science task cards

Literature will be a stack of novels I pick out for him. He's a strong reader.

• 2 weeks later...

For mine:

CLE Math: finish 100, move on to 200

Lang Arts: K12 Green and lots of reading.

History/Art: K12 

Science/Music: K12

(We complete one set than the other)

General: interest led and work on attitude

Guest lovelife

I'm feeling a bit nervous about 1st grade, and purchased the Wayfarers Curriculum, which looks fabulous, but incredibly heavy so I'm going to have to cut some of the reading. But here's what I have so far:

Language Arts: ELTL, phonics review where needed.

Math: Right Start B

Science: Mainly nature study complimented with Botany in 8 Lessons. Wild foraging classes for our area. Some zoology but I haven't determined what yet.

History: SOTW 1 plus some core reading from Wayfarers' recommendations.

Geography: Not sure if I'll be following Wayfarers or doing my own thing yet.

Art & Music: Wayfarers picture study & composer study, piano lessons, free art, crafts to go with lessons and seasons.

I'd like to do a morning time where we read our poetry from ELTL, do our memory verses, bible reading, etc.

This will be my third first grader.

Spelling: LOE Foundations C and D

Reading: books that I pick out. She's a stronger reader than I anticipated. (Yay!)

Grammar: FLL 1

Writing: WWE 1

Math: SM 1 OR MEP 1 not sure which yet...

SOTW 4 and RSO: Physics Tagalong

MP 1st grade enrichment

DD5 is now at 1st grade level though I'm still thinking of her as a K5 in terms of workload. We are finishing up Bob Books and some Scholastic Readers this summer. 

Reading/Phonics/Printing: Rod & Staff Gr. 1 "We Learn About God" series + worksheets/workbooks

Math: Rod & Staff Gr. 1  Arithmetic

Social Studies: Map Skills/Continents/Oceans (Mon/Wed)

Science: My Human Body Unit (Tues/Thurs)

Music: Pennywhistle Lessons

PE: Soccer Club

• Like 1

Math: mUS alpha with an abeka workbook

Phonics: either BJU a or MFW a First (can't decide!)

History : American history using abeka 3 as a key to study great Americans chronologically with older Brother

Science: BJU Science 2 and memorize science terms

Art/music: piano and art classes.

Spelling: CAN NOT decide. I hate teaching spelling. (Confession)

Math: Mostly Singapore but I will probably add in some Rightstart and Miquon

Reading/Phonics: probably continue with AAR, slight chance I might switch her to Barton like her older sister. I will probably have her do SL readers when we get further along in AAR.

Spelling: AAS or Barton

Grammar: FLL

Writing: WWE

History: SL Core A with older sister

Science: SL Science A with older sister

LA: AAR 4, AAS 3, WWE 1, FLL 1, Beginning Cursive 

Math: RightStart B 

History: Mom made American History using AG and Little House books

Geography: Simply Charlotte Mason Visit North America Geography 

Science: BFSU 1

Art: ArtTango.com, Usborne Famous Paintings card study

Music: Piano Lessons

PE: Ballet, Ice Skating

I feel like a cruel mother when I write this, lol!

English Phonics & Reading: A Beka Phonics & Reading Curriculum with Letters and Sounds 1 and Language 1 workbooks, plus A Beka graded reader series.

English Spelling: All About Spelling Level 1-2

English Language: First Language Lessons Year 1

English Literature: Memoria Press K Literature Enrichment Course

Writing (All Languages): Writing with Ease Year 1 (I just have the instructor's guide so that I can tailor it.)

Art & Music: Memoria Press K Enrichment Course

Welsh: Homemade Language & Grammar Curriculum using Forming Sentences Workbook and Readers.

French: We will be finishing Methode Lecture Syllabique and Coordinating Cahier book first, then moving on to Mon Gros Cahier Pour Apprendre a Lire et a ĂƒÂ©crire plus reading selections.

Math: Singapore Math Year 1: 1A & 1B textbooks, workbooks, Challenging Word Problems 1 and Intensive Practice 1A & 1B. Also using A Beka Arithmetic 1 Curriculum, workbook, plus Speed Drills and Tests book. This is two full math programs, so we will use it selectively.

History: Ancient History Ă¢â‚¬â€œ OxfordĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s ChildrenĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s History of the World (spine), with selections from Beibl i Blant and A ChildĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s History of the World to supplement. US History & Social Studies Ă¢â‚¬â€œ BJU Press Heritage Studies 2, A Beka Social Studies K5 (finishing from K5). British History Ă¢â‚¬â€œ Our Island Story

Science: Elemental Science Biology for the Grammar Stage using the Kingfisher First Animal Encyclopedia, DK Human Body Encyclopedia and Plant Parts

Thinking about adding Art for my art-minded one - Drawing with Children. Thoughts? Anyone used this?

What are you all doing for memorisation this year? Besides Bible verses and poetry, this is the list of "lists" I've made up so far:
Books of the Bible
Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt
Major Dates in Ancient History (say, 20ish)
Major Countries and Capitals (say, 20 again)
Welsh Soft Mutations
Welsh Verb Conjugations (Regular plus some irregular)
French Verb Conjucations (same)

I need to do something English related - pronouns, verbs, something - what is everyone else doing?

What are you all doing for memorisation this year? Besides Bible verses and poetry, this is the list of "lists" I've made up so far:
Books of the Bible
Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt
Major Dates in Ancient History (say, 20ish)
Major Countries and Capitals (say, 20 again)
Welsh Soft Mutations
Welsh Verb Conjugations (Regular plus some irregular)
French Verb Conjucations (same)

I need to do something English related - pronouns, verbs, something - what is everyone else doing?

FLL covers some memorization as well as grammar like pronouns, verbs, etc. Plenty for Grade 1, after first grade I'd add in some more supplemental stuff. We like CLE LA.

• 9 months later...

LA: ELTL 1 ( Picture Study, Poetry, Lit, COpy Work, grammar)

Handwriting:  A Reasonfor Handwriting T ( he has been begging to learn cursive, so I think we will pick up in the second half of the book)

Spelling:  Spelling- U-See B

Reading: Read out loud The Beginners Bible 2X ( spelling-u-see also has the kids reading out loud)

MAth: Math-U-See ALpha ( I amsecond guessing my self, we are currently finishing SIngapore 1a/ I am wondering if I should have stuck with singapore)

History: wayfarers

Science: a mix of Wayfarers and Apologia Botony

Spanish: Song School Spanish

Bible: Wayfarers recommendation Long Story Short along with New City Catechism

Geography/ Cultures:  We're going to use the Wayfarers Geography R.A. as  our family Read alouds and I think we will do Eat Your Way Around the World for cooking and fun/ I also think I will take the opportunity to pray for whatever country we're learning about and learn about what the Gospel needs are in that area

Edited by alexandramarie

First grade plans are pretty much set, and I'll be starting in August.

Core Studies

• Language Arts: Logic of English - Foundations (cursive) & lots of readers
  • Science: MPH Science International Edition Grade 1
  • Mathematics: Math In Focus 1B & 2A
  • Social Studies: Scott Foresman Social Studies Grade 1

Enrichment - Literature, Nature Study, Memory Work, and History

• BuildYourLibrary Grade 1: The Ancient World

We will also be doing (time permitting)

• Various topics from www.kidshealth.org
  • Song School Spanish
  • Musical Instrument - Harp
  • Artistic Pursuits: Early Elementary K-3 Book One