Menu

Ignore this thread!

Tomorrow starts another week.  My teacher is back from vacation so things should be easier.   Ds is on Spring Break so no worries about getting him to school.  And our doors aren't in yet, so no work happening at least for tomorrow.   

So almost a "normal" week.   But can it be considered "normal" if it's actually more unusual than the alternative?  

ETA:  a what is normal anyway, booya.  

I really need to go to bed now.  

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Renai said:

New Zealand, South America, Australia - all those places have daylight savings time. Some of the dates are different though, which would be really great to screw someone over. Arizona and China do not do daylight savings.

How about Patagonia?

• Like 1

I have a weird prayer request.  We have an old leather couch that we listed for free on Nextdoor.  I put pictures showing exactly where there was wear and tear, so no hidden surprises for anyone.  I wasn't getting any response and had gotten resigned to just taking it to the dump, which seemed a rather unfortunate thing for a number of reasons.  But I just got a message from someone who wants it.  So could you pray that 1) we can actually get the stupid thing out onto the driveway tomorrow?  2)  that someone will actually show up and take it away?  (We've had some other things listed that people said they wanted but they didn't actually follow through.) 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

How about Patagonia?

Chile's northern Patagonia does, southern does not. Chile observes in dst general (time change in April). Whereas Argentina stopped observing dst years ago. So, Patagonia only shares the same time 6 months of the year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Happy Pi(e) Day!

I was up at Dark O'Clock making quiche for breakfast.  Got it out of the oven just in time for dd19 to grab a slice before running off to classes.  Since then I've been working on Things - mostly going through Scout stuff with ds17 and helping dd13 with math.  Dd13 is currently trying to figure out what kind of pie she can make for lunch with ingredients we have at home.  

Coffee!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mr. Ellie said all the people at work liked the cheesecakes that we made yesterday, so I guess his Pi day offering was acceptable. I had no pi at home, though. I just hung out in my jammies with my ouchies. Poor sad me. OTOH, it was MONDAY, so there's that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

We had our pumpkin pie. I will let DH and DS have the rest of it.

I've gone back to drinking coffee yesterday & today, and it has not agreed with me. I think I'll stop again.

Street lights stayed on until 7:25 AM because it was so dark. Stupid DST.

DS starts tennis today. I hope he likes it.

• Like 4

Morning.  Almost back to our normal schedule for today.   I went and worked out with oldest dd, I'll teach three classes, then we should be going to the gym and tai kwan do this evening.   

Still no doors so no construction happening.  I'd enjoy the break if my whole house wasn't still out of place and disheveled until it can be finished. 

Tomorrow will be a long day.  Three classes, the accountant to do taxes, then a 4-H meeting.

• Like 5

ITT

How happy this group has grown

Ramblin’ in this thread alone

Expressing one’s hope, another’s fear

Offered up for help to bear

Each member plays but one tiny part

Daily love to the others to impart

And members, in order to stay carefree,

Know not to go swimming in the sea  (ikslo)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, 73349 said:

DS liked his first tennis class.

I don't have more kids on whom to use my perfected curriculum. At least I will not be saying, "But your brother loved this math book..." to some poor younger one in a couple of years. 😁

I will. 3 times. They'll be ok.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Slache said:

Edpo.

Now that my child is going into 6th grade I have figured out exactly how I want to teach through 5th grade.

Oldest will be in 6th grade and I'm still not 100% sure what I'll use for the youngers. Middle starts Pre-K curriculum this year.

2 hours ago, 73349 said:

I don't have more kids on whom to use my perfected curriculum. At least I will not be saying, "But your brother loved this math book..." to some poor younger one in a couple of years. 😁

I cannot even imagine this. Some days I'm certain math will be the death of one of us. Not sure which one of us yet. 

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Oldest will be in 6th grade and I'm still not 100% sure what I'll use for the youngers. Middle starts Pre-K curriculum this year.

I'm trying to do the exact same thing. My second needed a different math and 3rd is doing hooked on phonics because his writing and reading skills are not in alignment, but I still want to do the same thing (RLTL, Copywork, Dictation, IEW) just later. Actually second did it later, too, she just didn't care to learn to read because she's lazy.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Slache said:

I'm trying to do the exact same thing. My second needed a different math and 3rd is doing hooked on phonics because his writing and reading skills are not in alignment, but I still want to do the same thing (RLTL, Copywork, Dictation, IEW) just later. Actually second did it later, too, she just didn't care to learn to read because *.

* she wasn't ready to learn.

Fixed that for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Renai said:

* she wasn't ready to learn.

Fixed that for you.

No. She was very lazy. She used to have John carry her everywhere and have Alex fetch her things. She would even ask her dad to cut her food really small so she could chew less. I had to whip these boys into shape because it was ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Slache said:

No. She was very lazy. She used to have John carry her everywhere and have Alex fetch her things. She would even ask her dad to cut her food really small so she could chew less. I had to whip these boys into shape because it was ridiculous.

I have a sister who was similar when she was younger. Lazy is the word, Renai.

EdPo: I bought all the Saxon Math 54 to 87 today. Math will indeed be the death of one of us... my poor bank account!

Anyone want a 2016 edition Math Mammoth cd? pm me. Oh, and 2 copies of everything for level 5 nicely spiral bound, too. SIGH!

I also bought a used copy of OPGTR even though the new edition is coming out in June. I think we need to separate handwriting from reading for this last guy. 

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Green Bean said:

EdPo: I bought all the Saxon Math 54 to 87 today. Math will indeed be the death of one of us... my poor bank account!

The first Saxon math that was sold after being tested in a Los Angeles school district was Math 76 (and it was Hake Saxon; Steve Hake was co-author with John Saxon of Math 54-87, I think, but at least 76). My first Saxon purchase was a photocopied set of handwritten pages. I loved it from the beginning. 🙂 I only wish it had been published earlier so that both of my dc could have done all of them.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Slache said:

1 hour ago, Green Bean said:

I have a sister who was similar when she was younger. Lazy is the word, Renai.

It could have been low muscle tone. It would take more effort to do normal everyday tasks, so the work around is to have someone else do it until the muscles are strong enough to do it themselves.

• Like 3

On this fine morning in history, I stand before you all to say thank you. Thank you for being awesome elephant ninja chicks. Thank you for making me laugh at loud, or at least chuckle under my breath often. Thank you for being as close to sisters as one can have in a non-IRL relationship.

You are all beautiful, sweet, smart, and wicked cool, and my life is better for having known you.

I think sometimes today everyone should post their speech. And we need cupcakes. And champagne. (N/A for those who abstain, of course.) And SWB should definitely stop by... Because we are apparently all her besties.

❤️ to all!  (Professormom, 2018)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

🍻 To the ITT!

In three years we have....

birthed babies

moved fathers

finished a graduate degree

buried loved ones

moved

contemplated moving

adopted new furry babies

won.... and lost....

grafted fruit trees

planned, planted and harvested gardens

written a novel and sought for agents

graduated children and sent them to college

started therapies

started new jobs

.... and maybe even educated our children.

Hear!  Hear!  

Lynn, 3/15/2018

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

An Anniversary Haiku   

The ITT thread-

Fun, friendship, hashtags, and more-

It will never end    

(Tex)

————————-

A Haiku in Honor of ITT’s 4th Anniversary   

Some of us Booyah

Others Booya or Bouja

ITT’s all yummy stew    

Ducks, 3/15/2019

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Slache said:

Edpo.

Now that my child is going into 6th grade I have figured out exactly how I want to teach through 5th grade.

I never know. Every year we try different things. And this is going to be my last year homeschooling because it looks (crossing my fingers and knocking on wood) like my little girls will be going to Christian school next year.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

You guys are all very special.

I just finished watching Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. Out of all the Marvel movies, this one has the best emotional payoff at the end. I tear up every single time. It’s special. Endgame is a close 2nd followed by Spiderman- No Way Home.

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Green Bean said:

You guys are all very special.

I just finished watching Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. Out of all the Marvel movies, this one has the best emotional payoff at the end. I tear up every single time. It’s special. Endgame is a close 2nd followed by Spiderman- No Way Home.

One of my favorites.  I actually just rewatched the funeral scene the other day.  

• Like 2

Morning, Happy Humph Day!  It's a super long one today with teaching and taxes and 4-H.   

I slept much better last night.  Went to bed early (9pm!) and mostly slept through the night.  

Today is my brother's birthday and he's up visiting from Florida.   Can't see him today but we are supposed to get together for lunch or dinner or something on Saturday. 

• Like 5

Good morning!

Breakfast is ready - greek yogurt, strawberries, and granola (or cheerios).  And coffee!

I also slept until after 6!  I did go to sleep an hour later than usual, but still.  Much better than 3am!  It must the The Magic of Lynn.

Today I'm planning to get groceries and a couple other misc. items that people are pleading for.  At some point I need to go back to the county clerk.  I suppose I could try that today.

Coffee.

• Like 3