Menu

Ignore this thread!

This week should be a normal week.   I am covering one class tomorrow for a teacher who had a big tournament for one of her kids this weekend, but it's going to be super easy.   I'm going to have them build with Knex (it's a STEM class).     Everything else should be normal.  

Except the doors did come in so work will start on the house again on Wednesday.   But there are no extra meetings, no appointments, nothing unusual except the living room (hopefully) getting finished this week.   Then it's on to the bedroom floors (which should only take 1 day each), then the kitchen can't be done until May when the cabinets come in.   But with the living room done, we can put most stuff back where it belongs.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We are at a Chinese buffet. I think that I still managed to eat gluten free. 

The restaurant we ate at last night has a bunch of positive reviews for their gluten free, dairy free, etc options.  For an Italian restaurant, they are evidently particularly good with the gluten free.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We had Kroger pizza for dinner.

The things from dh's office have been delivered.  4 boxes and about 20 giant framed plaques and things.  He had several pipes and a tiny guitar signed by a bunch of people and some fancy wood cigar boxes and a bunch of little Simpsons characters.  And books and sets of CDs and a set of cassettes of JRR Tolkien reading The Lord of the Rings, and Weird Al Yankovics complete video collection, lol.  I'll go through it more later.

Book club was nice.  The lady hosting today gave everyone a little dragonfly charm - it represents strength and courage and was also the code name of the main character in the book (Churchhill's Secret Messenger).

Gotta get the kids to wrap things up and get ready for bed.

• Like 6

On 3/19/2022 at 6:59 PM, Susan in TN said:

What's good on TV tonight?  I have Prime, Netflix, Peacock, and Disney+.

On 3/19/2022 at 7:12 PM, Slache said:

Encanto, Red Panda, Free Guy (all Disney) and Adam Project on Netflix. You could also watch Supernatural on Netflix and just not leave your room for 3 months.

We never did understand the hype about Encanto. We actually liked Vivo better. Turning Red, and now Adam Project, are on our list to watch.

6 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I can't believe so many of you have vegetables coming up already.  We aren't even close to being able to plant.  We are barely at the point of starting seeds.  

Our last frost date isn´t until May 15 or so, so no planting here either. We´ll need to do it in large pots though, since this isn´t our yard. We haven´t figured out what we´ll be planting yet. Probably not corn...

Edited by Renai
corrected movie name
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Renai said:

We never did understand the hype about Encanto. We actually liked Vivo better. Turning Red, and now Adam Project, are on our list to watch.

Our last frost date isn´t until May 15 or so, so no planting here either. We´ll need to do it in large pots though, since this isn´t our yard. We haven´t figured out what we´ll be planting yet. Probably not corn...

We occasionally get frost as late as March, but generally December  and January are our coldest months. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It helps that I know how to cook the food. So I know the ingredients. But there was still a very high chance of cross contamination. 

When we were leaving (and dh took a wrong turn to the patio instead of the exit), I noticed little signs on some tables that said "gluten free" or "dairy free", etc.   I wasn't sure if I thought that was good.   Too public?  or a great idea?

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

Another headache and I have all of the things on my to-do list that I put off from last week.

Junie's motto: Why put off 'til tomorrow what you can put off 'til the day after tomorrow. 😉

At least I'm not stressed about it. :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

When we were leaving (and dh took a wrong turn to the patio instead of the exit), I noticed little signs on some tables that said "gluten free" or "dairy free", etc.   I wasn't sure if I thought that was good.   Too public?  or a great idea?

I'm not sure what I would think of that.  It seems a little bit too much to me.  But, in the end, I'm in favor of not dying, so I probably would be okay with it.

Red Robin puts little plastic "flags" on their gluten free burgers.  I find that to be helpful.

• Like 5

Good morning! It's The Queen's favorite day!

I am writing a couple cards to send (a cousin recently passed away) and waiting for ds's friend's dad to come pick up a jacket left here last week.  I was able to get someone scheduled to come out tomorrow to fix our dryer.  We have regular lessons this morning and music lessons, children's choir, and Scouts tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I would be in favor--if we're getting food from a mixed kitchen, I'm happy to have something to remind the waitstaff to be 100% sure. We have a restaurant here that actually has 2 different color plates (separate gf plating area) & advises patrons to only accept plates in the correct color. It's one of the most trusted restaurants in the celiac community.

Edited by 73349
  • Like 5

I'm alive. I have tomato seedlings up. They moved to the windowsills today, and another two trays will probably join those tomorrow. Tomatoes sprout so fast! The peppers are taking their sweet time, despite the light box. If I can clear out tomatoes and one box of the salad greens, I'll have room for some of my herbs that I need to start inside.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I'm more worried about cross contamination when cooking and/or on the buffet table.  I wouldn't worry about a table I was sitting at since my food is on a clean plate.  (If I'm understanding what tables you are referring to.)

Both dh (non gluten free) and I had tummy troubles last night.  I do think that it was the Chinese buffet but it could be something other than gluten.  I don't know that I will willingly go there again! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I worked out with older dd this morning, taught four classes (including covering one for another teacher), drove to pick ds up from college, went to the gym with the family for another workout, now we're home and I'm having a quesadilla made from left over burrito mix for dinner.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Slache said:

I've seen this somewhere before. I think it was in ITT? Krissi said it a few years ago?

😁

I know. She’s my alter-ego. She always has been. I dream of trading my boring, middle-aged life away to become a young, bad-a$$ double-agent. Sigh. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ellie said:

History was made in my town today: We had a tornado. Yes, it was near my house, but we were out of the direct path and so there was no damage. We were without power for about three hours.

So glad that you're safe, Ellie!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

(Mostly) Headache Free this morning.  There is a small amount of pain that is constant -- I can't remember the last time that my head didn't hurt at all -- but the majority of the pain is gone and I am thankful. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

There was a nail in the tire.  Ds17 can't find his wallet, so I'll have to wait for dd19 to finish her class before I can pick up the van.

In other news, I repotted the stolen lavender plant because its pot cracked and then set the rain gauge back up.  And weeded the lenten roses.  They're not dead yet! 

• Like 3

Morning! Dh had 2 flats on his way to work. He got a tow to a tire place.

I stayed up way too early binge watching Psych season 6.

Apparently, two of my teens stayed up all night again. Consequences time!

Late start and grumpy kids- going to be a good day. “Cough, Cough”

And McRuffy shipped 5yr old’s books! Yea!

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 5

So. . . I am going to switch up Juliet's food yet again.  She's still itchy and doing embarrassing butt scoots in public at the dog park.  So far we've done Nutri Source (various formulas including grain free), Zignature (various proteins) and a tiny bit of prescription dog food that my neighbor gave me.  I'm going to try Natural Balance Salmon and Rice. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

So. . . I am going to switch up Juliet's food yet again.  She's still itchy and doing embarrassing butt scoots in public at the dog park.  So far we've done Nutri Source (various formulas including grain free), Zignature (various proteins) and a tiny bit of prescription dog food that my neighbor gave me.  I'm going to try Natural Balance Salmon and Rice. 

Is it just her bottom? Because it could be anal glands.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Vet has checked them and said that it's not that. 

But it's not just that.  She chews on her paws.  And gets ear infections too. 

I thought the whole reason we buy mutts is to avoid these problems!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1