Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!

I turned off my alarm and slept an extra half hour.  I can hardly believe I slept that long!  It's been a difficult morning - I had a dream that we were in our old house in The Big City and dh was in it - it's the first time I remember dreaming about him.  My  college roommate responded to my month-old messenger message and so that brought up all kinds of feelings, and a friend is coming by today with all the stuff they cleaned out of dh's office so it feels like today is just starting out very hard.  Good thing there is 

Coffee!

COFFEE!!

And this is the best Booya/h in the whole world because it is a COFFEE Booya/h!! (Imagine, if you will, yours truly planting a flag that says "Booya/h" in big, bold letters and a cup of COFFEE under it! on the Rocky summit of.... The tall craggy mountain in the middle of the ITT Island, where we have our lodge. This lodge is in the middle of a forest with hardwood floors and throw rugs and huge stone fireplaces and wrap around porches with comfy Adirondack chairs. This is what I'm talking about.) (I think my imagination is getting the better of me).  

KrissiK Documentation of the ITT Flag 5/1/2017

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We are doing this piece in the orchestra concert next week.  Just beautiful.  I love Elgar.  The last 2 minutes of the piece are a couple of the most thrilling minutes of music I've ever played.

It was written in the aftermath of WW1, and was his last notable work.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

R&S called me back today. Not only did the nice man tell me where to look for the little note in my TM that this type of problem will now be popping up (only if divisible by 25) and explain to me precisely which steps Oldest should take to solve it... He then went the extra mile and actually had an answer to a side question I didn't really expect an answer for! He literally found/asked one of his coworkers who taught 5th grade math for 10+ years and was able to answer. That is just AMAZING customer service!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

I need to learn how to put a picture in. Pretty flower, Servie.

Click on your name. It'll take you to your profile. The little pic icon on the left is the one you want. You'll need to resize whatever you plan to use because it has to be small. 500x500 or a bit smaller, I think.

• Like 3

Good morning!

I took the pup out for his morning constitutional in the drizzle and since then have been trying to identify a bird that was chirping early this morning.  I got a video of the sound but can't ID it so far.  It wasn't in the Cornell Labs youtube.  It sounds like tweet tweet-chi-chi-chi-chi-chi-chi-chi

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

I slept till 8:30. I was pretty wiped out. I probably worked 13 hours a day every day last week getting all this testing nonsense done. But, I think I’ve gotten done what I need to do, so next week may be better.

Today, grocery store. DD1’s birthday present was a set of nails, so I gotta take her to the nail place and Baby needs a pair of tennis shoes, so I will go to he shoe store.

DH is dealing with my “garden”. I planted lettuce and never ate it because I realized I hate that kind of lettuce. But my carrots are growing great. So, we’re leaving the carrots and he’s prepping to plant the tomatoes and cucumbers that I bought last weekend. And basil. I bought a beautiful basil plant. It smells so good.

• Like 5

Well, I ordered a new phone. Thursday, my phone died. I was waiting for the girls at piano lessons and had used it. And then….it died. No reason at all. I lost everything on it. Fortunately, my contacts and such are all on Google, so all that stuff was saved, but everything else, and a lot of work related stuff was on that phone, I hadn’t had a chance to get it off and into Drive…. all gone. I was so upset. So, I got a new phone. Didn’t have it in me (or my wallet) to get what I really wanted, which was a nice Samsung Galaxy. I got a Motorola G Power. I’ve only had Motorolas and they are fine. DH and DD both have iPhones, but I prefer the Androids.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I also snuck a John Grisham novel into the order.😜 Easter Vacation is coming and I want something to enjoy. Right now I am slogging through a biography of Robert E. Lee, but I also picked up Andrew Breitbart’s “Righteous Indignation “, which is entertaining and I’m also reading “Empire Falls” by Richard Russo. A friend recommended “Hillbilly Elegy” by J.D Vance, so that is waiting for me. I am not starting that one until I finish something else. Also, we had a big conversation about Stalin today at breakfast, and I remembered I had Massie’s “Nicholas and Alexandra” that I never read, so I got that and put it on the “to-be-read” pile. 

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

52 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Finished the big hydrangea I have been working on. Two more big ones to go. But not now because it’s cold and miserable out there. 

I found a few more at the plant store I think you would like. Having them shipped next week. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

I homeschool stored snd Costco’d. Heading g put to AFSA in a minute.

And dh and I desperately need a need mattress and bed. What y’all think? Downsize to a queen or not? 

NO! No downsizing. Downsizing bad!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

And dh and I desperately need a need mattress and bed. What y’all think? Downsize to a queen or not? 

Personally, I don't like king-size beds.  I would much rather have a queen.

• Like 3

It's been a cold and cranky day.  Obviously I need some chocolate, but I'm trying to eat well after yesterday's feasting.  Oh wait - I still have some sugar free hot chocolate mix.  I'll go with that.  I need to send someone a WhatsApp message and am in major avoidance mode.

I found a family-run company that will custom-size and upholster a loveseat for a fairly reasonable price.  Major down side is that they are in CA, so shipping will probably add quite a bit to the cost.  When were those gas prices supposed to go down?

What's good on TV tonight?  I have Prime, Netflix, Peacock, and Disney+.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

It's been a cold and cranky day.  Obviously I need some chocolate, but I'm trying to eat well after yesterday's feasting.  Oh wait - I still have some sugar free hot chocolate mix.  I'll go with that.  I need to send someone a WhatsApp message and am in major avoidance mode.

I found a family-run company that will custom-size and upholster a loveseat for a fairly reasonable price.  Major down side is that they are in CA, so shipping will probably add quite a bit to the cost.  When were those gas prices supposed to go down?

What's good on TV tonight?  I have Prime, Netflix, Peacock, and Disney+.

Encanto, Red Panda, Free Guy (all Disney) and Adam Project on Netflix. You could also watch Supernatural on Netflix and just not leave your room for 3 months.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Green Bean said:

Do not downsize. I love my king size bed. 

• Like 3

We put off the bed purchase. I think staying with a king is best. dh has long arms with pointy elbows, and I don't want to get poked in the face at night. We like our space when we sleep.

And I am so sorry for all the typos earlier! I was on my phone.

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

Church and Iglesia!

Now that we have been going back to church in person, I'm still struggling to find the right mix of English and Spanish services.  I love all of them, but I can't be in two places at once.  So for now, I'm going to English Sunday School, Spanish morning worship service, English evening worship service, and Spanish Wednesday service.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Slache said:

Encanto, Red Panda, Free Guy (all Disney) and Adam Project on Netflix. You could also watch Supernatural on Netflix and just not leave your room for 3 months.

I watched Adam Project the other night.  I liked it, a lot.  It was really good, IMO.

I also like Supernatural.  I've watched the whole thing, now I watch selected episodes when I'm in that mood.  

• Like 2

We went out to dinner last night for my brother's birthday.  We were supposed to be going somewhere half-way between mom's place and ours but we ended up going to somewhere much closer to moms.   I told dh that it was closer to her, but he didn't believe me until we were making the drive out there.   Not a huge deal except we got torrential rain that I had to drive home in the dark.  Which I HATE.  I have trouble distinguishing taillights from street lights in torrential rain in the dark, which can lead to obvious problems.  We made it home okay though.  

• Like 7

Good morning!  Happy Spring!

Church was good.  I discovered my nice tan "summer pants" do not fit me.  Ugh. 

It really seems like spring today.  Sunny and mid-60s.  I really can't get outside for much, unfortunately, because there are Things.  Gotta get lunch, then drive the Three Youngers to a Scout project, then People are coming to drop off boxes, then Book Club with The Ladies of Grief, then pick up Kids from project, then home hopefully for the night.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Afternoon. I've been grilling most of the day, so I smell like smoke--applewood and mesquite to be precise. Working on some writing now and staring at two art pieces that I need to work on this week, and one to finish if I can. 

It's a lovely sunny day, and many of my tomatoes have sprouted. I'm considering trying to do some of the cherry tomatoes in hanging buckets this year for fun since they nearly all sprouted and I'll have extra to work with.

• Like 6