Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I re-watched Psych last year and my son came through the room and caught some of it.   He then watched the whole thing and loved it.  I have to tell him the movie is finally on Amazon Prime.  

We have MM that I bought in 2010 and I still use it when I do tutoring.   I don't think the changes were that big.  

I'm farther from Chatham than I am from Morristown.

Thank you. Yeah, I don’t think it’s worth shelling out over $100 just to have the latest version.

• Like 3

Good morning!

I was up before sunrise because what else do you do when you have no time restraints on vacation on a Satuday? 🙄

On the other hand, sunrise!

Puppy is crying because all His People have run out to the beach and he can see them having fun without him.

We had blueberry pancakes for breakfast.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

There is this wet stuff falling from the sky. It’s all very mysterious. And someone did something with the sun. It’s gone.

Housework.

I think Ima take DD1 to Target today in the Big City to the South. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Cat question.

While Matt was deep cleaning the bathroom with the cat box in it for like an hour the cat peed a little bit on a pile of dirty laundry in the living room. Afterward we put him in the bathroom, taking a break from cleaning but he didn't use it, left, and 10 minutes later he peed 2 more times about 10 seconds apart when Matt was cleaning the bathroom again.

This is not him being a jerk, right? This was our fault?

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Shakespeare ruined it. There is no way a Romeo and Juliet story can have a good ending. I hate that story.

I used to love West Side Story when I was a teenager, now I have a lot less patience for tragic endings brought about by stupidity.

Speaking of stupid tragic endings, I hated the new A Star Is Born (and I guess I would have hated the original for the same reason).  I liked the singing and most of the plot but I didn't find his suicide believable.   Which just made it stupid and depressing. 

I also hated Nights in Rodanthe.  How is that supposed to be a romantic movie?  He dies 5 minutes after they meet.  Stupid.

• Like 2

Beach Report:

We saw a ray and a dolphin out back.  Looked like the dolphin was fishing.  Dd13 ran her face smack into the side of a dock but she seems OK.  We went to the Island Yard & Craft sale at the campgrounds, had shrimp and mahi mahi tacos for lunch, and walked to the end of Pelican Peninsula.

Now we are back at the beach house resting and hanging out.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

We got lemonade, sweet tea, sparkling water, cow's milk and orange juice. Dinner is BBQ pork sammiches, cheese shells and coleslaw, because Texas, and breakfast is grapes, fried eggs and kolaches, because Texas. We have PB&Js and cereal on standby. Tomorrow we go to The Alamo and Riverwalk. Not sure about tomorrow's dinner or the next day's breakfast.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

We got lemonade, sweet tea, sparkling water, cow's milk and orange juice. Dinner is BBQ pork sammiches, cheese shells and coleslaw, because Texas, and breakfast is grapes, fried eggs and kolaches, because Texas. We have PB&Js and cereal on standby. Tomorrow we go to The Alamo and Riverwalk. Not sure about tomorrow's dinner or the next day's breakfast.

I lived in Texas over 20 years and never heard of kolaches. I know what they are, though. We must have called them something different...

• Like 3

PSA: The beach is an awesome place to fly kites.  

I have never flown a kite at a beach - so glad I brought some along!

Everyone is pooped.  We ate a huge dinner (takeout from Skinner's Seafood Market - shrimp, snapper, and scallop plates, gumbo, and seafood chowder) and had key lime pie for dessert.  We were outside for a bit but it got chilly once the sun went down, so we watched a movie.

• Like 5

Ok. Kolaches.

The Czech brought these fruit filled, fluffier than croissant pastries to Texas and Texas was like "You know what would make these better? Meat! Also cheese." So we are eating something similar to pigs in a blanket, but with cheese and fluffier, and using the wrong term, because we are Texas and we are allowed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

A sausage wrapped in a croissant.

14 minutes ago, Slache said:

Ok. Kolaches.

The Czech brought these fruit filled, fluffier than croissant pastries to Texas and Texas was like "You know what would make these better? Meat! Also cheese." So we are eating something similar to pigs in a blanket, but with cheese and fluffier, and using the wrong term, because we are Texas and we are allowed.

That's the definition I found.   

A danish.  Cheese danish is a thing.  I don't think meat danish is a thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Slache said:

Ok. Kolaches.

Then I've never heard or seen those, and I lived in Texas for 20 years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

That's the definition I found.   

A danish.  Cheese danish is a thing.  I don't think meat danish is a thing.

It's called a kolashe. Pay attention.

6 minutes ago, Renai said:

Then I've never heard or seen those, and I lived in Texas for 20 years.

I'll make you some.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Slache said:

Every single person in West Side Story is incredibly rude.

22 hours ago, Green Bean said:

I cannot stand any version of that movie.

22 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I love the music, but not so much the story.

I've never watched WSS either. If there is a book, I've never read it.

12 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Shakespeare ruined it. There is no way a Romeo and Juliet story can have a good ending. I hate that story.

I also can't stand Romeo and Juliet. It is one of the stupidest stories I've ever come into contact with.

• Like 4

Ok. Brazilians are Brazilling. Everyone is well fed and all the nightly tasks are done. I am going to sleep.

One of their children has a respiratory peanut allergy. She can't breathe near peanuts. She can eat peanuts if they were prepared not near her, but the smell of cooking peanuts or regular peanut butter will make her asphyxiate. We put the peanut butter in our bedroom to be safe. I made up the term respiratory peanut allergy because I don't know what it's called.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Slache said:

Tomorrow we go to The Alamo and Riverwalk. Not sure about tomorrow's dinner or the next day's breakfast.

I enjoy the Riverwalk, but it took several trips for me to figure out where to park: in the garage down the street from the Alamo. There's surface parking there, too, but I like the garage. Signs for pedestrians to find the Riverwalk (or the Alamo) if they park in one of the other parking lots, or on the street, are nonexistent. So I just park in the garage.

A friend and I will be coming down there next Wednesday, to a nearby restaurant called the Guenther House. When we finish eating, we might try to find our way over to the Riverwalk and the Alamo, but the layout of the streets in that part of San Antonio is crazy. Goes along with the parking. Anyway. I will think of you while we're there.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Renai said:

@Slache What is Brazilling? I thought they were in Texas.

Yes, they're here, but they're all being not like normal kids. They're from the jungle, not the city so they're sorting through toys and asking about them, playing games I've never seen, one is knitting a bathing suit, and they LOVE the roomba. They speak English, Portuguese and the tribal language that I will not attempt to spell. Mom is having a blast with my curriculum. She'll probably be taking a bunch with her.

7 hours ago, Ellie said:

I enjoy the Riverwalk, but it took several trips for me to figure out where to park: in the garage down the street from the Alamo. There's surface parking there, too, but I like the garage. Signs for pedestrians to find the Riverwalk (or the Alamo) if they park in one of the other parking lots, or on the street, are nonexistent. So I just park in the garage.

A friend and I will be coming down there next Wednesday, to a nearby restaurant called the Guenther House. When we finish eating, we might try to find our way over to the Riverwalk and the Alamo, but the layout of the streets in that part of San Antonio is crazy. Goes along with the parking. Anyway. I will think of you while we're there.

There's free parking 3 blocks up. The long barracks just opened for the first time since we moved here. The plan is breakfast, church, Burger Boy (San Antonio only burger place-awesome), Alamo, Riverwalk, boardgames. Are we missing anything major?

Edit: No one has any money. There are 12 of us.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Slache said:

Ok. Kolaches.

Clap clap clap clap!

7 hours ago, Ellie said:

Parking in a Place is usually a very stressful event for me since I am usually driving a small bus (i.e. 12-passenger van).  Once I have parking figured out, I can enjoy visiting a Place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning!

I don't think we are going to church, but we can do a small devotion.  Peopke are starting to wake up around here.  Looks like a gorgeous day.  The rough plan is to have breakfast at The Lighthouse Bakery, then go to the Audubon Bird Sanctuary, then maybe visit The Other Beach or the Fort and have a picnic somewhere.  

There will probably be some more kayaking going on today, too.  

Imma go see if the dolphin is visiting.

Coffee!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

There's free parking 3 blocks up. The long barracks just opened for the first time since we moved here. The plan is breakfast, church, Burger Boy (San Antonio only burger place-awesome), Alamo, Riverwalk, boardgames. Are we missing anything major?

Edit: No one has any money. There are 12 of us.

You realize that today is the day that the Alamo fell? Elebenty gazillillion people will be rememering the Alamo today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Morning, Happy Sunday.   It's going to be my usual Sunday.  No work being done on the house, but I need to do some work at the science center, mainly putting away stuff and moving stuff upstairs.   

We have one class for next year that's almost full already.   Only 2 spaces left.  Weird.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Renai said:

I've never watched WSS either. If there is a book, I've never read it.

I also can't stand Romeo and Juliet. It is one of the stupidest stories I've ever come into contact with.

And yet we were all forced to study it in school.. I suppose I should make my kids read it to be educated, but I hate it, too.

Texan here, too. But we don’t like kolaches.

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Clap clap clap clap!

Parking in a Place is usually a very stressful event for me since I am usually driving a small bus (i.e. 12-passenger van).  Once I have parking figured out, I can enjoy visiting a Place.

I hate parking. Anywhere. And I don’t drive a small bus. Actually I hate driving, too. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

And yet we were all forced to study it in school.. I suppose I should make my kids read it to be educated, but I hate it, too.

Have your kids read some other Shakespeare. Shakespeare is genius, but I don’t know why we get so stuck on R&J. His comedies are wonderful.

DD is at Christian school and they only read exerpts of R&J. She’s only a sophomore, but both years now she’s had to read Holocaust books and she’s getting a little sick of it. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and Night.   I don’t know why they have to pound them with all this heavy stuff. There is a lot of other good literature out there. She hasn’t read any Steinbeck or Twain yet.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Have your kids read some other Shakespeare. Shakespeare is genius, but I don’t know why we get so stuck on F&J.  His comedies are wonderful.

That is my plan. Macbeth is my favorite so doing that one for sure. My older 2 grads found a bunch of Shakespeare graphic novels in our local library and devoured them. I wish I could remember what they were for my younger 4. Guess I should go start a thread about it after church.

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 3

I'm staying home and will be doing online church this morning.  I feel a tiny bit guilty as a pastor's wife because I won't be there to greet and "do all the things" for the guest speaker we have this morning.  Pastor dh is doing nursing education credits all weekend, including today, so he won't be there (thus the guest speaker).  But I haven't been sleeping and I'm achy and I'm fighting the guilty feelings. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3