Menu

Ignore this thread!

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Parking in a Place is usually a very stressful event for me since I am usually driving a small bus (i.e. 12-passenger van).  Once I have parking figured out, I can enjoy visiting a Place.

Yeah, parking that thing is no joke.  I hate it.  It's why we don't go to The Big City as often as I would like.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ellie said:

Not everyone tries to avoid crowds the way I do. 🙂 (unless they're Disneyland crowds.) Y'all have fun. 🙂

I'm with you on the crowds!  

I managed to stay calm at the bakery this morning at breakfast despite the fact that I didn't know how the bakery worked and the line went way back into the dining area.  It was delicious.  We waited 45 minutes for the boys' omelets, but chatted for a while with a couple very nice ladies who were waiting for their omelets as well, so it was not bad at all.  Leisurely.  

After that we went to the bird sanctuary and saw a couple birds and some turtles, a snake, and an alligator.  It turns out that dogs were welcome at both the bakery AND the bird sanctuary.  Oh well, maybe next time.

After that we stopped by a Very Small Farmer's Market and bought some jellies and honey and satsumas.

• Like 6

We churched then I had the bright idea to deep clean the tv room which of course morphed into moving all the furniture out and starting to tape up the walls to paint. I ran out of tape. 

It has always been the plan to paint the room so I figure if he gets the UK job, it’s one less house job to do for selling. If he doesn’t, we get to enjoy a fresh space. Win-Win!

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Slache said:

20220306_083442_HDR.jpg

Of course HEB would have them.

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

That's just so weird.  Maybe people got tired of trying to say or spell Kolaches so it morphed to pigs in a blanket.

No, pigs-in-a-blanket uses hot dogs, not sausages.

5 hours ago, Slache said:

I think the bread's different. I'm not positive though.

This too. Although, I think it may be regional. We're from the south (Alabama, Georgia), and they were made with biscuits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have never been handed food and told it was pigs in a blanket, so I have no opinion.

I survived day two. I've not had this many steps in a very long time, I think I'm sunburned and two of my kids bled. Friend's favorite food is monkey gut soup, but they were ok with tacos tonight. They are scarred from the tapir attack I told y'all about years ago that y'all totally remember. The kids thought I was going to make them do school tomorrow because I'm so draconian. They were thrilled to learn otherwise.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Found the attack! I said I would never see them again in the post, but I guess that's not true!

On 11/6/2015 at 12:17 PM, Slache said:

Some friends of mine were attacked by a tapir. The story was horrible. Dad was in the jungle without his machete when he was attacked. He was in his pajamas and barefoot. Mom couldn't find the machete but ran out and they beat him off with a flashlight but he chased them home and got into their house. They have four children 7 and under. The kids are okay but mom and dad are beat up really really badly from getting it out of the house and the attack in the jungle. It was hard to read. They need medical attention, but it's a 3 days walk to the doctor. They're missionaries in Brazil, but she was my maid of honor. I will never see her again, but thanks to technology they email us regularly from the middle of absolutely nowhere. They eat very strange things.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I remember that tapir attack.  I don't think I care for monkey gut soup, but I suppose I'll reserve judgement until I try it.

We played charades and watched Encanto last night.  I think we'll go to the Sea Lab this morning and see what we're in the mood for this afternoon.  Maybe go toodle around the Fort.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6

Morning. I have no opinion on pigs-in-blankets or kolaches or monkey-gut soup. Am making chili for dinner.

It turned cold again. I guess third winter is here. We had a pretty strong tornado come through, but it passed us west and north, thankfully. Other than that, it's cold, I'm tired despite sleeping well, and I've got all sorts of things to get done on this Monday!

• Like 6

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

I'm hungry!

I've been on a liquid diet for the past couple of days because, apparently, I forgot to take one of my medications and my stomach decided to rebel.  I'm going to try to eat a normal breakfast today and see what happens.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

We have done Things.  Sea Lab (I pet some sting rays and other sea critters) and Fort Gains and picnic lunch at the former home site of the governor of the Louisiana Purchase territory (Cadillac park) and I kayaked with dd13 and played some ukulele in the beach gazebo.  Dd15 has been finding many exciting hermit crabs.  She keeps them in a tupperware for a few minutes and Then puts them back in the bay.

Time for dinner!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Dh says interview went well for Plan B job. Only one of the hiring guys made it to this first one so we think dh will have a second interview? No idea.

We are still praying to hear from Plan A hiring people.

And dd and I painted the tv room today! Dh did the edges. It looks fabulous! So clean! So smelly! My kids don’t like that bit.

Slache- great photo!

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Today is Labour Day.  In France.  I think it should count here in the US.  There are plenty of French people here.

This must be why the pizza place is closed.  Ds26 said the door was open and the lights were on but no one was in the place.  So we ordered pizza from the Island Chevron and Grill, lol.  I've never had gas station pizza, so could be an adventure!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Evening, everyone! We survived Dentist Day with no cavities! The kids stuffed themselves at Golden Corral after. Sadly, we left a mess so stuffed or not, the clean up is happening.

Here is one side of the painted TV room.  The opposite wall has a loveseat and large wooden storage box for the throw pillows. I’ll post another picture later of that side.

School is not going well this week so far. I plan to hit the books bright and early tomorrow to make up for it. Youngest Boy seems to lose all his phonics gains when we are sporadic like this. 

C42CDE60-009D-4786-A9D4-7BD6BA130C18.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Today is Labour Day.  In France.  I think it should count here in the US.  There are plenty of French people here.

This must be why the pizza place is closed.  Ds26 said the door was open and the lights were on but no one was in the place.  So we ordered pizza from the Island Chevron and Grill, lol.  I've never had gas station pizza, so could be an adventure!

Oui. Je pense qu'est une bonne idee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Junie said:

@Green Bean Your walls are lovely, but I will tell you that your Noah's Ark is Amazing!!  (but you probably already knew that) 🙂

Thank you. I have to brag-- my dad built it 20 years ago. It weighs over 100 lbs., hence the hidden wheels.

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Renai said:

I totally read this in semi-Spanish. Half the words are cognates.

Yeah, I'm not sure that it's really correct.  In fact, looking at it again, I think that is should be:

Je pense que c'est une bonne idee.

My French is really, really limited, but Spanish cognates help a lot.  I've been reading the New Testament in French this year and since I'm familiar with the text and speak (some) Spanish, reading in French is not really that hard.  I mean, I don't understand all of it by any means, but I'm learning and enjoying it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2