Menu

Ignore this thread!

11 minutes ago, Slache said:

We watched Mulan. I cried three times. I think I'm a smidgen hormonal.

My hormones with Gymnast had me laughing hysterically at just about everything. It had my old cat worried. She'd try to touch me with her poopoo paws (because, litter box),  to see if I was okay and I'd laugh as I removed the contagion away from me. Dancer got a kick out of me.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, maize said:

I'm excited about the live action Mulan coming out this year.

Me too!

24 minutes ago, maize said:

No brains on the menu for me, I don't want to contract kuru.

Please see below:

20 minutes ago, Renai said:

My hormones with Gymnast had me laughing hysterically at just about everything. It had my old cat worried. She'd try to touch me with her poopoo paws (because, litter box),  to see if I was okay and I'd laugh as I removed the contagion away from me. Dancer got a kick out of me.

21 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I still haven't watched the whole movie.

:ohmy:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I have about 5-6 cups of (canned) chickpeas leftover.  I'm toying with the idea of trying to make some falafel.  One recipe I found said you should absolutely NOT used canned chickpeas to make falafel, but other recipes use canned.  Or I could make tahini-less hummus.

7 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I've never made or had falafel.  But I have made hummus.  Do that.

I love falafel.

• Like 1

Good morning!

Any apartment news, Slache?

If it weren't for ITT regulations, I might expect to die from uterusness.  50yo uteruses are annoying.  Also, when will dh recover from this surgery?  He has leave from work for another couple days and he's going to need it.  I want things back to normal.  (🎶🎶 I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...🎶🎶 )

No church this morning.  I need a few hours to get my brain situated before the afternoon activities start up.  I heard ds24 leave for work a while ago.  I should make some

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good morning!

Church at 12:00.

Goal for today is to get school books in order and plan or this week. We spent last week getting back into the swing of extracurricular activities with only minimal academics happening. Have to add the school part of homeschool back in now.

Oh! Speaking of moving, someone not me moved and it is going to totally transform my life: my kids' Irish dance school moved this weekend to a new studio--in the building across the parking lot from our Martial arts studio!!!

I am preposterously excited about this, it simplifies family logistics immensely and is going to cut my weekly driving time by probably a couple of hours.

Edited by maize
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Morning. I have to adult this week. I nottawanna. But I will. Mostly. Is there leftover brain stew? I think I need some.

Today I have all the things to plan. This is my least favorite thing to do because I know I'll end up having to do my own thing anyway. But there does need to be a rough scaffold in place so I order all the right things, and if the right things don't work, time to get alternatives. 

Also, because of ITT, we are getting lemon trees. Also because my children are addicted to the things, and we hope to have a veritable forest of citrus trees in our sunroom area during the winter. 

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Sunday!!!

Church!!

Sportsball!!! Go Chiefs and Packers. Niners won yesterday!, yay!! I didn’t care abut the other game.

DS and I gotta get passport photos today at CVS so we can get passports this week. Did I tell y’all we’re going to Mexico over Easter vacation for a mission{# trip with our church? Guadalajara. Our youth pastors assures us we won’t be murdered in our sleep by a drug lord.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

EdPo: The Girl and I don’t like BJU “History”. We can’t give a rational reason, though. Is that good enough to drop it and do SOTW? I’ve also decider to buy IEW for all the kids to use. The website keeps saying Out of Stock, though. 

Sunday: I went to sleep before 9pm but I’m still tired. Scotsman leaves around 3. Church at 12. I have not decided on lunch/dinner yet. After Church is room reorganize. The boys are quite happy being together. The Girl is switching rooms so Captain can have his own. They’ve been sharing while Uni Boy was home. She is not happy because the room with the loft bed has the smallest closet. 😆 

Yes do story of the world.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

EdPo: The Girl and I don’t like BJU “History”. We can’t give a rational reason, though. Is that good enough to drop it and do SOTW? I’ve also decider to buy IEW for all the kids to use. The website keeps saying Out of Stock, though. 

Yes, do SOTW.

They're redoing everything. Bad timing. Sorry.

• Like 2

I sent the husband and children out to buy office supplies. Normally, I would have gone, too. But there's food in the oven and I don't want it to burn. So I stayed home and finished writing a very depressing, very pessimistic short story. I seldom write such things--I'm usually really optimistic--but this was a challenge for me, and hopefully it won't bomb. It's pretty interesting anyway, and short. It's less than 2000 words.

Other than that, it's gray, and quiet, and I'm catching up on my journal and waiting on my new calendar to arrive. Plus I have a bunch of paint coming this week! Better I got the pessimistic story out of the way. I'll be too happy to be in the mood next week.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, maize said:

Good morning!

Church at 12:00.

Goal for today is to get school books in order and plan or this week. We spent last week getting back into the swing of extracurricular activities with only minimal academics happening. Have to add the school part of homeschool back in now.

Oh! Speaking of moving, someone not me moved and it is going to totally transform my life: my kids' Irish dance school moved this weekend to a new studio--in the building across the parking lot from our Martial arts studio!!!

I am preposterously excited about this, it simplifies family logistics immensely and is going to cut my weekly driving time by probably a couple of hours.

I understand how life changing that would be!  Awesome! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

EdPo: The Girl and I don’t like BJU “History”. We can’t give a rational reason, though. Is that good enough to drop it and do SOTW? I’ve also decider to buy IEW for all the kids to use. The website keeps saying Out of Stock, though

Definitely do Story of the World. We are doing it again this year.  We are adding a few things, more activities, a time line, they are going to do some simple outlining of the corresponding pages in Kingfisher.

• Like 3